[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

National Championship predictions

Bushey

LMMFAO, what kind of cupcake are you. Do you think 99% of the players in the NFL are in the league as the names I mentioned above. Hell No

I could just take the Texas talent, and give you the rest of the NFL, and Id win 10 of 10 times. Get real you Arz tool.

:D Private Ryan's shtick has officially jumped the shark. You used to be sort of amusing, and made a few decent points...........

Now, every post you make is idiotic, flat out wrong and just plain crazy, you don't even write coherent sentences :D

quit drooling on the keyboard and take yer meds, I think yer losing it somewhat- seriously.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Private Ryan's shtick has officially jumped the shark. You used to be sort of amusing, and made a few decent points...........

Now, every post you make is idiotic, flat out wrong and just plain crazy, you don't even write coherent sentences :D

quit drooling on the keyboard and take yer meds, I think yer losing it somewhat- seriously.

Clear diversion as you normally pull, when you get punked.

Read my sentence, then read yours. Learn to spell, or quit posting. Arizona is losing credibility every time you post.

OWNED again cupcake.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

What YOU said was that Bradford is better than Booty :D which shows you have :D NO credibility at all.

Your suggestion that Leinart has shown NOTHING in the pro's is a bit of a stretch also. He's the starter and has been since year 1 and has had some quality games. It's early in his career so any evaluation at this point is premature. He's a far better passer than Young will ever be but I do admit that Young is incredibly gifted and is phenomenal at creating on his feet. I would also say that Young has the "IT" factor and can lead a team with marginal talent to wins where I don't think Leinart could.

So if I think Bradford has more talent than Booty, it discredits me. I'll be careful with my opinions next time.

I've probably seen Booty play as much as you've seen Bradford. From what I've seen, Booty doesn't have a touch for the long ball. Again, I haven't seen him play much...maybe a half dozen games.

That's nice that you have a high opinion of Leinart. I guess we watch different games. From everything I've seen, his footwork is horrible and he panics when pressured. I do think overall he'll be more successful than Young, but I don't think he'll live up to the hype.

I guess only time will tell with Bradford and Booty. It's hard to compare them now since one is a freshman and the other a senior. But I do think Bradford has much better touch...especially deep. Maybe television doesn't show it well. I see most games live so I really don't know what you're seeing.

So if I think Bradford has more talent than Booty, it discredits me. I'll be careful with my opinions next time.

I've probably seen Booty play as much as you've seen Bradford. From what I've seen, Booty doesn't have a touch for the long ball. Again, I haven't seen him play much...maybe a half dozen games.

That's nice that you have a high opinion of Leinart. I guess we watch different games. From everything I've seen, his footwork is horrible and he panics when pressured. I do think overall he'll be more successful than Young, but I don't think he'll live up to the hype.

I guess only time will tell with Bradford and Booty. It's hard to compare them now since one is a freshman and the other a senior. But I do think Bradford has much better touch...especially deep. Maybe television doesn't show it well. I see most games live so I really don't know what you're seeing.

The issue with Leinart is this IMO: He is not studying very hard for some reason. I live in Chandler, AZ and listen to his radio show. It is called Surf and Turf with Matt Leinert. He, a surfer dork, and chick talk football. He seriously sounds like a male Paris Hilton. Everything is "cool" and "awesome". I realize he is a kid, but so far it appears that he is several pages behind Warner. Part of me believes that the offense is not aggressive enough with the main priority on the ground game. He looked much more confident as a rookie under Denny Green's offense which featured longer throws. Most likely a bit premature to say he is not going to be that good as a pro, but so far he looks like a backup. Hurts to admit because I thought and still think that he can help the crappy cards. Vince Young is going to be a super star in this league without a doubt. The only thing I read that is negative is that he is not a very good teammate. The cure for that is winning and he is doing that. No comparison. Young is rising up and Leinart is still stuck in first gear.

The whole Bradford and Booty comparison is tough. Bradford has not been challenged at all. . Give the credit to his o-line and weaker opponent in the comfort of home field. I have seen Booty in big games and so far he hasn't been stellar. When you think about it, these QBs don't need to be super stars. They are surrounded by excellent talent which makes execution that much easier. They don't need to be Tim Tebow. The comparison to OU and USC skilled positions IMO is that OU has the edge at WR talent. Malcolm Kelly is in the top 3 or 4 WRs in the nation. I have always thought Patrick Turner will someday be totally dominate at USC, but so far I have not seen it. Only a junior though. Vidal Hazelton is the real deaI. I Give USC the advantage at RB just because they are so damn deep. Most importantly, I give USC a big advantage in coaching. I don't need to qualify that statement due to a past match up in a sort of huge game I remember.

Edited by Bushey

The issue with Leinart is this IMO: He is not studying very hard for some reason. I live in Chandler, AZ and listen to his radio show. It is called Surf and Turf with Matt Leinert. He, a surfer dork, and chick talk football. He seriously sounds like a male Paris Hilton. Everything is "cool" and "awesome". I realize he is a kid, but so far it appears that he is several pages behind Warner. Part of me believes that the offense is not aggressive enough with the main priority on the ground game. He looked much more confident as a rookie under Denny Green's offense which featured longer throws. Most likely a bit premature to say he is not going to be that good as a pro, but so far he looks like a backup. Hurts to admit because I thought and still think that he can help the crappy cards. Vince Young is going to be a super star in this league without a doubt. The only thing I read that is negative is that he is not a very good teammate. The cure for that is winning and he is doing that. No comparison. Young is rising up and Leinart is still stuck in first gear.

The whole Bradford and Booty comparison is tough. Bradford has not been challenged at all. . Give the credit to his o-line and weaker opponent in the comfort of home field. I have seen Booty in big games and so far he hasn't been stellar. When you think about it, these QBs don't need to be super stars. They are surrounded by excellent talent which makes execution that much easier. They don't need to be Tim Tebow. The comparison to OU and USC skilled positions IMO is that OU has the edge at WR talent. Malcolm Kelly is in the top 3 or 4 WRs in the nation. I have always thought Patrick Turner will someday be totally dominate at USC, but so far I have not seen it. Only a junior though. Vidal Hazelton is the real deaI. I Give USC the advantage at RB just because they are so damn deep. Most importantly, I give USC a big advantage in coaching. I don't need to qualify that statement due to a past match up in a sort of huge game I remember.

Nice assessment and I really cannot disagree...at this time. Stoops has always done a great job of preparing his players. The Orange Bowl game was not the norm. Regardless, we got out coached, out played, and USC out executed us. I would like to see a rematch simply for redemption purposes. I'm still iffy on Bradford because of the weak schedule. The Miami game was big, but Miami is not the Miami we're used to. I think the Texas game next week will tell me what I need to know. If he can handle that pressure, then I think he'll be OK this year. That's as big of a rival as there is in sports. The atmosphere at that game is crazy. Regardless of what happens, I do like his talent and I really think he'll do fine in his college career. I think until next week, everything else is purely speculative.

• 4 weeks later...

I am still liking my prediction of LSU vs OU in the NC game despite Les Miles being a complete moron. That call defied logic and cannot be explained without throwing out sanity and reason. Was he drunk? Does he use drugs on the sideline? I am not too worried about OU as they should be able to make it to the big game unless they get caught by Mizzou in the B12 championship or the pesky OSU. Oregon has an outside shot if they can beat ASU. ASU will be in the big game if they win out. Do not underestimate the Dennis Erickson factor.

• 1 month later...
What YOU said was that Bradford is better than Booty :D which shows you have :D NO credibility at all.

Your suggestion that Leinart has shown NOTHING in the pro's is a bit of a stretch also. He's the starter and has been since year 1 and has had some quality games. It's early in his career so any evaluation at this point is premature. He's a far better passer than Young will ever be but I do admit that Young is incredibly gifted and is phenomenal at creating on his feet. I would also say that Young has the "IT" factor and can lead a team with marginal talent to wins where I don't think Leinart could.

Still think Bradrord isnt better than Booty. :wacko:

Still think Bradrord isnt better than Booty. :D

I'm not sure if I could really say, at this point, that one is better than the other but I will say that Bradford is better than Booty at the same point of their career. Bradford had a great year and I liked him more and more as the season progressed. He has a lot of poise and moxie for how young he is. The Sooners are in great hands the next 2-3 years.

I do believe my evaluation of Young and Leinart is right on. Not that Leinart got much of an opportunity to prove my point though.

• 1 month later...

If Booty performs well vs. OR, CAL and UCLA, he'll have all the 'high pressure experience' he needs in a bowl/NC game. So like I said, by 12/1 we'll know whether or not to be confident in him. For now, he's doing just fine.

And if its USC vs. OU in the NC game, your young QB will find it very difficult to move the ball on our D, regardless of how good the WRs are. Of that I'm sure....

Ah, the confidence I had before the Stanford fiasco, aka 'The Great Broken Thumb Debacle'. OSU snuck up on me to get into the NC game, but I always thought LSU had a shot. Ironically, if Booty had been smart enough to tell coach he couldn't grip the ball that fateful night, he'd have been playing vs. his HS teammate/BFF Hester last night. Oh well.....

Edited by Coffeeman

After reading through this post about the cupcake Big XII for the Sooners, and weak this and weak that. Yeah we might have lost OUr bowl game again......But as a conference we had 4 teams in the top 10 in the AP and Coaches poll, and as with any year like the one we just witnessed, is LSU the champ or did the season just end to early, with a plus 1 my bet would be on USC FWIW....