[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The eternal power of Led Zeppelin

Ursa Majoris

One benefit concert just announced - check out how many people tried to register for tickets. :D

Led Zeppelin is reuniting for a charity concert at London's O2 Arena on Nov. 26.

The British rock band's three surviving members -- Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones -- will be joined by Jason Bonham, son of their late drummer, John Bonham.

The event at the 20,000-capacity venue is in aid of the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides scholarships to universities in the United States, the United Kingdom and Turkey. The late Ertegun was the co-founder of Atlantic Records.

"During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord," Plant, 59, said in a statement.

Led Zeppelin formed in 1968, named after an in-joke that the band's heavy sound would "go down like a lead balloon."

The group has sold more than 300 million albums, pioneering heavy-metal music with songs such as "Whole Lotta Love" and "Stairway to Heaven."

Pete Townshend of the Who, former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini will also play at the concert. All were mentored by Ertegun. Nutini, 20, was the last British artist he signed.

Tickets will cost $254 and fans can register at www.ahmettribute.com for a chance to get some. Hours after the concert was announced, an estimated 20 million fans around the world had tried to register and the site had crashed. Successful applicants will be notified by Oct. 1.

Led Zeppelin broke up after drummer Bonham died, at 32, in 1980. Ertegun died in New York last December from a head injury suffered when he fell backstage at a Rolling Stones concert in October. He was 83.

And most of them willing to travel across the world to be there.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I've been screamin' for years about wanting them to do a reuinion tour with Jason Bonham on the drum kit. Now if we can only get them to consider a tour and not just a one night show. I saw an article that threw out the figures of the Page-Plant tour. Matching the tour dates from that tour and what they could get for tickets now, the figure was something like 232 mil. That's some serious cashflow. I'd shell out a few c-notes to see them.

I've been screamin' for years about wanting them to do a reuinion tour with Jason Bonham on the drum kit. Now if we can only get them to consider a tour and not just a one night show. I saw an article that threw out the figures of the Page-Plant tour. Matching the tour dates from that tour and what they could get for tickets now, the figure was something like 232 mil. That's some serious cashflow. I'd shell out a few c-notes to see them.

I've always said I wouldn't think twice about shelling out $1,000 to see either Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Recently saw Roger Waters and the show was worth more than double what I actually paid.