[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick faces new Virginia state indictments

Hugh-mongus

If I had to guess, whatever Vick cops to in Surry County... his time will run concurrently for both.

He can get up to 5 years per charge of Animal Cruelty. He's going to have 8 placed against him. Worst case scenario if he gets the max for each charge...40 years for Vick.

Highly doubtful he'll get that much time though. I'm thinking he's probably looking more at the 10 year range.

He can get up to 5 years per charge of Animal Cruelty. He's going to have 8 placed against him. Worst case scenario if he gets the max for each charge...40 years for Vick.

Highly doubtful he'll get that much time though. I'm thinking he's probably looking more at the 10 year range.

I heard that they apparently passed on the 8 counts of animal cruelty, lucky for Vick.

I heard that they apparently passed on the 8 counts of animal cruelty, lucky for Vick.

Doh! :D

Just read the full article you linked. I'd thought it was the same article I'd read earlier. You're right, looks like the Grand Jury decided not to indict on the Animal Cruelty charges

Doh! :D

Just read the full article you linked. I'd thought it was the same article I'd read earlier. You're right, looks like the Grand Jury decided not to indict on the Animal Cruelty charges

Yeah apparently they don't have enough evidence. :D

Yeah apparently they don't have enough evidence. :D

See this is what I don't understand about stuff like this... there is obviously enough evidence for animal cruelty charges as well, so what is the thinking behind just deciding to not "go after it" like that? Why not just try to convict this scum bag of every possible charge, as long as they are legitimate?

Oh, now I understand! Poindexter is a completely and totally incompetant (or corrupt) DA. Watch the video of him desparately trying not to answer any questions about this. What a joke. A very sad joke. :D

Man, that is pathetic. His name is very fitting. He should join Vick in the slammer. :D

Man, that is pathetic. His name is very fitting. He should join Vick in the slammer. :D

I honestly don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that before.

So, lemme get this straight. This guy is the DA but he doesn't know what was in the piece of paper that he himself presented to the Grand Jury? Is that what he said? :D

I bet you can research all of Virginia case law and find noone who has served time for animal cruelty....that is my guess. Why would the taxpayers pay for such nonsense. Fine the hell out of him. He won't get jail time for this.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that before.

So, lemme get this straight. This guy is the DA but he doesn't know what was in the piece of paper that he himself presented to the Grand Jury? Is that what he said? :D

Grand Jury testimony is secret. Why should he broadcast all over the news statements that could be heresay and screw up the chance he has at conviction on the charges the grand jury decided to indict on.

Grand Jury testimony is secret. Why should he broadcast all over the news statements that could be heresay and screw up the chance he has at conviction on the charges the grand jury decided to indict on.

Oh this is just one of the most lame repsonses I've ever seen. Did you even watch the video? He wasn't trying to be secretive... he was like a bumbling frightened child who had no idea what was goign on.

Every reporter there and pretty much anyone in the US who has been awake for the last 6 months knows that Poindexter had access to sworn confessions (videotaped no less) from Vick admitting to killing dogs. No exactly a secret. Take any person off the street who has seen just 1 episode of LA Law and give them that kind of clear cut evidence and they should be able to get a conviction.

Oh this is just one of the most lame repsonses I've ever seen. Did you even watch the video? He wasn't trying to be secretive... he was like a bumbling frightened child who had no idea what was goign on.

Every reporter there and pretty much anyone in the US who has been awake for the last 6 months knows that Poindexter had access to sworn confessions (videotaped no less) from Vick admitting to killing dogs. No exactly a secret. Take any person off the street who has seen just 1 episode of LA Law and give them that kind of clear cut evidence and they should be able to get a conviction.

As a prosecutor he cannot speak to the testimony in the grand jury...it is secretive. He really cannot answer that question. I mean he could, but he would be next in line after Nifong getting disbarred.