[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It Official

theeohiostate

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Bucs contacted free agent Corey Dillon after learning that Cadillac Williams would miss the season.

Dillon has reportedly been staying in shape on his own, but turned down the Bucs' offer. There also are rumors making the rounds that the Bucs might inquire about Tiki Barber, whose brother Ronde is a cornerback for Tampa.

There also are rumors making the rounds that the Bucs might inquire about Tiki Barber, whose brother Ronde is a cornerback for Tampa.

Now that is an interesting rumor! Doubt it happens, but it's still a good rumor.

Edited by CaptainHook

IIRC, Tiki made a big push to NYG management to sign Ronde when he was a FA a few years ago. They didn't and it really miffed Tiki.

I, for one, would bet that Tiki would come back to play with his brother on a winning team. They seem REAL close and it would be (probably) the best way for both of them to end their careers in a year or so ... playing on the same field just like they did when they were kids ...

I doubt very , very much Tiki would come back but if he did what a slap in the face to NY Giants

Any idea why dillon turned down bucs ?

Doesn't need the money, and doesn't want to play.

ESPN just mentioned Tampa as a possible place the Dolphins would trade Ricky Williams if he is reinstated before the trade deadline.

I doubt very , very much Tiki would come back but if he did what a slap in the face to NY Giants

Any idea why dillon turned down bucs ?

The only reason for him to turn down the Bucs , is he feels he's done.

Another name mentioned on Monday Night Countdown that makes since is Ricky Williams. This guy still has game left and if your looking for someone to come out of nowhere and impact a team later this season, he'd be my choice.

DIllon to Chicago. Please, it's come to that.

That's why I'm holding Dillon in two leagues. That said, it would be one heck of an admission of failure by Angelo if Dillon was signed. Also, would the McCaskeys pony up the cash given the amount they've got tied up in Cupcake Benson?

The only reason for him to turn down the Bucs , is he feels he's done.

Another name mentioned on Monday Night Countdown that makes since is Ricky Williams. This guy still has game left and if your looking for someone to come out of nowhere and impact a team later this season, he'd be my choice.

I'd like to see the Bucs trade for Michael Turner.

That's why I'm holding Dillon in two leagues. That said, it would be one heck of an admission of failure by Angelo if Dillon was signed. Also, would the McCaskeys pony up the cash given the amount they've got tied up in Cupcake Benson?

It was mentioned briefly in the trib in the wake of the week 1 loss, but Michael Turner as a replacement for enxt year, since he's a UFA, was definitely floated.

That seems remote, but is tempting. Benson will is in year 3 of a 4 year deal if I'm not mistaken. But I don't see the McCaskey's taking a salary cap hit unless the wheels fall off and then roll down the street to the tune of a 6-10 season, which just might happen.....

I'd like to see the Bucs trade for Michael Turner.

That makes perfect since, imo. Isn't Turner a FA after this season, if so, then if your SD, why not get good value now instead of nothing after the season, no way he resigns with SD, i'm sure he feels like a starter now.

Tiki would have had a nice day versus the Colts D.

Did you see the game? Or are you going by boxscore? I'm sure you don't want to argue about this intelligently, but the Colts D was just fine yesterday. The Donkeys only threw for 131 yards, Cutler looked like crap even with a running game. The Broncos came out with three tight ends, and went with the their power rushing game. Henry didn't have a run over 15 yards. The Colts gave up some yards, but the Broncs could only get FG's. After the first three drives, they were shut down. The Broncos ran for over 200 yards and still got BLOWN OUT. It just burns you up that the Colts won the Super Bowl don't it? Dumbass. :D

Did you see the game? Or are you going by boxscore? I'm sure you don't want to argue about this intelligently, but the Colts D was just fine yesterday. The Donkeys only threw for 131 yards, Cutler looked like crap even with a running game. The Broncos came out with three tight ends, and went with the their power rushing game. Henry didn't have a run over 15 yards. The Colts gave up some yards, but the Broncs could only get FG's. After the first three drives, they were shut down. The Broncos ran for over 200 yards and still got BLOWN OUT. It just burns you up that the Colts won the Super Bowl don't it? Dumbass. :D

The record books won't remember that win against a sorry QB, just the fact that the Colts Defense gave up that many yards. :D

I could be totally off on this, but wouldn't Tiki be Giants property for the length of his contract? (Unless he would have been a free agent anyway this year, which I don't think was the case). Otherwise, guys would "retire" all the time to get out of deals they don't like.