[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dominic Rhodes

pig devilz

violating substance abuse policy...4 game suspension

'Rhodes was suspended after pleading guilty in the offseason to reckless driving charges in Indiana after prosecutors agreed to drop drunken driving charges against him.'

Edited by pig devilz

I do NOT like Fargas more than Rhodes.

My prediction is that Rhodes will average 60 total yards and .5 TDs for the rest of the year.

I still don't like Rhodes and wonder if he'll be anything like he was in Indy...

at least Fargas did...something..

I still don't like Rhodes and wonder if he'll be anything like he was in Indy...

at least Fargas did...something..

You gotta give Rhodes a shot first before you judge on what he will do. Up until last week Fargas wasn't much of nothing. Rhodes may surprise.

I've been considering him, and wanted a refresher on the original thoughts the Raiders (and Rhodes) had for signing him. He did get a pretty good chunk of change to sign, and I would think they would want to give him a legitimate shot for that money. Here is a story from March, which might give some light to what could happen. I could definitely see him getting some time, especially as a third down back and catch some passes.

--------------------

Story:

Colts Super Bowl hero Rhodes chooses Raiders

By Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

Updated: March 10, 2007, 2:30 AM ET

Running back Dominic Rhodes, one of the heroes of the Indianapolis Colts' Super Bowl XLI championship less than two months ago, is headed to the team that finished the 2006 season with the league's worst record.

Rhodes on Friday morning agreed with the Oakland Raiders on a two-year deal, which was announced later in the day, that can be worth as much as $7.5 million. Rhodes had generated considerable interest as an unrestricted free agent and made several visits, but met with Oakland officials earlier this week and was sold on the opportunity there.

"I just want to come in and help this team win," Rhodes said, according to The Associated Press. "It's an honor to be here and an awesome experience to play for the Raiders. The whole history of the Raiders, I love it."

The sixth-year veteran will serve as an insurance policy for the Raiders, in the event incumbent starter LaMont Jordan does not bounce back from the medial collateral ligament injury that limited him to nine games in 2006. More likely, however, the two will split the ball-carrying duties in the Oakland backfield.

Jordan earlier this week reworked his contract, reducing a roster bonus that was due him, to remain with the Raiders. After rushing for 1,025 yards in 2005, his first season in Oakland after four years with the New York Jets, Jordan slumped to 434 yards in 2006.

Rhodes, 28, played six seasons in Indianapolis, appearing in 71 games and starting in 27 contests. The former Midwestern State (Texas) standout made the Colts' roster as an undrafted college free agent in 2001, then further beat the odds by rushing for over 1,000 yards as a rookie, when he replaced an injured Edgerrin James.

He carried 550 times for 2,274 yards and 19 touchdowns in six seasons and added 90 receptions for 649 yards and one touchdown.

"Dominic will be a dynamic presence that can diversify our offense both as a runner and pass catcher," new coach Lane Kiffin said, according to AP. "He is focused and determined to come here and compete immediately with our other running backs."

Last year, in the Colts' Super Bowl season, Rhodes started all 16 regular-season games before rookie Joseph Addai replaced him in the lineup at the outset of the playoffs. But Rhodes still played a significant role in the postseason and, in the Super Bowl victory over the Chicago Bears, he rushed for a game-high 113 yards.

Rhodes still faces a drunken-driving charge in Indiana, where police said he was pulled over early the morning of Feb. 20 driving a truck 81 mph in a 55-mph zone on an Indianapolis-area interstate.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

-------------------

Actually, after reading that, I'm not sure that helps at all... :D

good post man....

i was wondering alot of these same things when i started this thread.

it does help to be reminded of the Raiders initial thoughts on acquiring him....

the scene there has changed a bit, but seems like DR will get the chance

to put up his numbers especially now with LJ hurting, again.

my prediction is, he will at least be a solid #2 if not the #1 in the RBBC

that is if LJ can come back fully. otherwise he's their #1.

I agree with Pig Devz. Lamont's injury couldn't have come at a better time for Dominic Rhodes. Justin Fargas is a complete illusion. We've seen him throw in a game like last week's before and then be a total deabeat for the rest of the year before. No, I see the Lamont injury being a chance for Rhodes to establish himself.

The big questions are whether or not and how soon Lamont can recover fully, because the way he was playing looked like he was ready to tear it up. If that's the case, Rhodes would be lucky to see any time.

Either way, don't expect DR to be much better than a bye week filler. Given the same opportunities, he will not perform to the level of a healthy Lamont.

Rhodes DID look good in pre-season, and should get the nod over anyone but Jordan. Appearantly, with Fargas' last week, it looks like the Raider O-Line is much improved over last season, now if they could just pass protect you might have a bublle playoff contender b/c the defense is there.

Rhodes DID look good in pre-season...

You lost me right there Scooby, because Rhodes looked absolutely AWFUL in pre-season.

Week 1

8 for 21 yds rushing & 1 TD rushing - 1 for 10 yds receiving

Week 2

5 for 5 yds rushing - 1 for 8 yds receiving

Week 3

Nothing - Nothing

Week 4

10 for 29 yds rushing - 2 for 1 yd receiving

(In this game, against Seattles starters, Rhodes had this craptacular play)

2-10-OAK 1  (2:54) 33-D.Rhodes left guard tackled in End Zone for -1 yards, SAFETY (55-D.Tapp).

Rhodes preseason totals =

2.4 yards per carry on 23 carries + a SAFETY & 4.75 yards per reception on 4 receptions.

You lost me right there Scooby, because Rhodes looked absolutely AWFUL in pre-season.

Week 1

8 for 21 yds rushing & 1 TD rushing - 1 for 10 yds receiving

Week 2

5 for 5 yds rushing - 1 for 8 yds receiving

Week 3

Nothing - Nothing

Week 4

10 for 29 yds rushing - 2 for 1 yd receiving

(In this game, against Seattles starters, Rhodes had this craptacular play)

2-10-OAK 1  (2:54) 33-D.Rhodes left guard tackled in End Zone for -1 yards, SAFETY (55-D.Tapp).

Rhodes preseason totals =

2.4 yards per carry on 23 carries + a SAFETY & 4.75 yards per reception on 4 receptions.

And also note that the preseason game 4 was against all Seattle's back-up defenders....didn't we go through this same exercise in another Rhodes-Jordan thread?

I think Rhodes will be marginal at best, now that he's out from under Manning's protective wing...similar in the way James struggled his first year away from Indy's pass-first system, which sets-up the run.

And also note that the preseason game 4 was against all Seattle's back-up defenders....didn't we go through this same exercise in another Rhodes-Jordan thread?

I think Rhodes will be marginal at best, now that he's out from under Manning's protective wing...similar in the way James struggled his first year away from Indy's pass-first system, which sets-up the run.

Yep, we sure did.

De-ja-Vu, except this time it's a different poster giving bad info & saying that Rhodes had a good pre-season.

With James, didn't her move to a team with arguably the worst offensive line in the league? The Raiders seem an improvement over those Cardinals IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhodes becomes the main RB in Oakland. Lamont Jordan has a history of back issues - why else do you think the Raiders went after Rhodes knowing he'd be suspended?

Raiders waive Echemandu (Rotoworld) Raiders waived RB Adimchinobe Echemandu.

Impact: The Raiders had to make room for Dominic Rhodes, who's coming back from suspension. Echemandu showed promise in camp, but his upside is limited. The Broncos could be interested, as he knows their blocking scheme.

I post this not because of the obvious...Rhodes is a back on the active squad, but the fact that they waived a promising backup RB in Echemandu tells me that they have confidence in Jordan coming back from his injury OR they plan to active Michael Bush

Current RB depth chart

---------------------------

Lamont Jordan (injured workhorse)

Dominic Rhodes (the wildcard)

Justin Fargas (the tease)

PUP List

----------

Michael Bush (huge upside with bionic leg)