[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steeler Homers

Sugar Magnolia

here is a clip from an article on 10-3-07

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07276/822402-66.stm

There also was better news on Hines Ward's knee sprain, which caused him to miss only his fourth game in 10 years.

"He had a good day of rehab yesterday," Tomlin said. "I spoke with him, he feels good, but we will take that day to day and see where he is. We'll do what is smart in that area. That decision will be determined later in the week."

I have heard him say through the week that he feels good and he was letting it up to the doctors to determine his status this week. As it turns out, he isn't playing this week but Ward has indicated that the knee continues to feel better.

From Fanball:

Steelers: Ward out again

10/05/07 09:00 PM

THE NEWS

Wide receiver Hines Ward will miss Sunday's game against Seattle due to his lingering right knee injury. Ward has not practiced since he was injured in the game against San Francisco on September 23. Ward's injury is week-to-week, and he may return after the Week 6 bye.

Our View

Santonio Holmes owners need to be psyched to see him jump up to an undisputed number one receiver again. Hines Ward owners have to be kicking themselves, as he struggles through another season. Ben Roethlisberger owners shouldn't freak out, his above average play this year should continue even without Ward.

With Hines Ward, without Hines Ward, it won't matter the Seahawks will dismantle the Steelers in front of their yellow towel waving rednecks!

Seattle = 27 Pittsburgh = 17 :D

Well, Ward not being in doesn't help. If Polamalu and Hampton are both out, I will worry a bit. However, the Steelers do pretty well at home. I'll be at Heinz to take it all in. Good luck. :D

Well, Ward not being in doesn't help. If Polamalu and Hampton are both out, I will worry a bit. However, the Steelers do pretty well at home. I'll be at Heinz to take it all in. Good luck. :D

Ward is out for sure as you all know but Polamalu and Hampton are both GTD's. From what I am hearing from the writer friend of mine that goes to all the practices and pays crazy attention to stuff is that both Polamalu and Hampton look doubtful. He went on to say that the speculation is that they could both play if they had to and he even thinks that Ward would play if he had to, but with the bye comeing up and a chance to get really healthy they look like they are going to sit.

Edited by Skippy

Ward is out for sure as you all know but Polamalu and Hampton are both GTD's. From what I am hearing from the writer friend of mine that goes to all the practices and pays crazy attention to stuff is that both Polamalu and Hampton look doubtful. He went on to say that the speculation is that they could both play if they had to and he even thinks that Ward would play if he had to, but with the bye comeing up and a chance to get really healthy they look like they are going to sit.

If Ward, Polamalu, & Hampton are out, this game, which was already going to be tough, has me extremely concerned. :D

If Ward, Polamalu, & Hampton are out, this game, which was already going to be tough, has me extremely concerned. :wacko:

Wow :D What's this? The Steelers fans making excuses BEFORE the game :D At least us Seahawk fans wait until after the injustice's are made :wacko:

Come on guys everyone has injuries, it's part of the game. Your playing at home too. You should win this one :wacko: