[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bull$pit clock stoppages

Ramhock

Once the teams lineup, no timeouts can be called on last second field goals....there is your way to change it...

As for the person who said, well what if they need to call a TO due to too many men on the field, dont have too many men on the field...

Calling a TO to ice the kicker is one thing...thats gamesmanship, but any kicker will tell you it helps, not hurts them....but calling a TO at the very last second with the intention of having him kick it once and it not counting is bush league!!

Why is it bush league?

I don't really understand what makes it bush league? It can backfire on the team calling the timeout and the kicking team can change the way they kick last second field goals as it pertains to timing and snap count to offset the ability of the defense to call timeouts.

It is strategy and not bush league in my opinion.

I am filled with love for my fellow man. If seeing a missed kick negated by a timeout followed by a made kick that wins a game makes whomper's life just a little bit better, I'm exuberant to be the bearer of good news for him.

If these schoolyard antics and bush league approach to winning a football game is good with you then God bless you. Its the sole reason you beat the raiders..At least you got that going for you :D

I dont like it,but since it is within the rules it should be allowed.

If you take that away than the offense shouldnt be allowed to call a last second timeout to run the clock to 1 when trying to end the game on the last play with a field goal.

Edited by xtra

When I watch a game and it is setting up for a last second fg I usually know the outcome of the game once the kick is executed unless there is a penalty..Now I have to wait and see if the last second sneak attack timeout was called..Is that how you guys want to watch a football game ?

Edited by whomper

If these schoolyard antics and bush league approach to winning a football game is good with you then God bless you. Its the sole reason you beat the raiders..At least you got that going for you :D

Pardon me, but screwing with keeckers seems like poetic justice to me, since teams loaded with incredible athletes often rely on players who are generally athletically challenged other than their ability to kick a football to win a game that is otherwise a tribute to physical domination and violence at its most beautiful level.

I say teams should be given an extra timeout every game as long as the team uses it to ice keeckers. FGs are a pox on the game.

You didn't see these kinds of situations when the players on the field had to call the timeout because they couldn't see the holder or the kicker from their side of the line of scrimmage. Back then, they'd either ice the kicker before they lined up or take their chances trying to guess the timing.

From what I've looked at this season,. it works now because the coaches can have the referee standing right next to them, and from the sideline the coach has an angle to see the holder. You can often see on replays that when the kicker is set and the holder is ready to receive the snap, he makes a quick signal of his outstretched hand to the longsnapper for him to snap the football. The coaches now call timeout right when they see the signal. Since the Ref is right next to him, he blows the whistle immediately, even though no one on the field knows what's going on until the kick is already off.

Edited by FordFairlane

You didn't see these kinds of situations when the players on the field had to call the timeout because they couldn't see the holder or the kicker from their side of the line of scrimmage. Back then, they'd either ice the kicker before they lined up or take their chances trying to guess the timing.

From what I've looked at this season,. it works now because the coaches can have the referee standing right next to them, and from the sideline the coach has an angle to see the holder. You can often see on replays that when the kicker is set and the holder is ready to receive the snap, he makes a quick signal of his outstretched hand to the longsnapper for him to snap the football. The coaches now call timeout right when they see the signal. Since the Ref is right next to him, he blows the whistle immediately, even though no one on the field knows what's going on until the kick is already off.

and this all means what?????