[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Wright

dabuffbills

Miami run defense, while not great by any stretch, is quite a bit better when Zach Thomas plays. Not sure if he played against Houston, but he was out when Oakland tore them up, and I'm pretty sure he is playing this coming weekend. I still think Wright is a reasonable bye week filler, but Dolphins should be at least a little bit tougher against the run, so temper your expectations.

definitely a solid start if lewis doesn't go.

That is my concern. Due to bye weeks, I"m in desperate need for a RB, and Wright is out there. However, our league limits the number of add/drops that can be used per year, and I"m running low. If Lewis doesn't go, I'm going to make the move. However, I can't chance picking him up, and then find out that Lewis is playing, and waste an add / drop. The risk is that if I wait, someone else might snag him before me.

Any local word out of Cleveland on an updated Jamal Lewis status ?

I've been checking around the web and haven't found anything new. I went ahead and picked up Wright. I really need a win this week to stay in the hunt (3-2 so far). And if Lewis is wearing a boot and out of practice mid-week...I'd have to think that they are either going to have him sit out or at least limit his carries. Either way it makes wright a better option for me this week.

That is my concern. Due to bye weeks, I"m in desperate need for a RB, and Wright is out there. However, our league limits the number of add/drops that can be used per year, and I"m running low. If Lewis doesn't go, I'm going to make the move. However, I can't chance picking him up, and then find out that Lewis is playing, and waste an add / drop. The risk is that if I wait, someone else might snag him before me.

Any local word out of Cleveland on an updated Jamal Lewis status ?

if cleveland is smart, they will give this kid the ball or at least do some more shuffling between the two. lewis is a bit like benson. they will rumble through any hole, but they will not make things happen. wright gives them the playmaker dimension that keeps the D on their toes, freeing things up a bit more for anderson. most of my leagues are so free-agent dry, i'd definitely use a pick to secure wright. comes down to how many teams you have an how deep the pool is ...

I'm in the same predicament. Have him and I'm hesistant to pick up Wright just yet.

Not sure if we'll know before Sunday. Lewis really wants to play. He's been on local TV saying that.

Although FYI: :D

Friday, October 12, 2007

Browns running back Jamal Lewis did not participate in practice for the second day in a row because of a foot strain, increasing the possibility of Jason Wright playing Sunday against Miami.

If that happens, Jerome Harrison would be activated as a backup for only the second time this season. Also, Wright would get relief from special teams duty. He is on every kicking team.

Wright has 102 yards in 19 attempts subbing for Lewis. His 5.4-yard average exceeds Lewis' 5.0.

Meanwhile, Miami's run defense (ranked 31st) is a notch below that of the Browns (30th).

Wright cautioned that it's a misleading statistic. The Dolphins gave up 141 rushing yards to the Jets and 299 to the Raiders with linebacker Zach Thomas out with a concussion.

"When we watched the film, we realize Zach Thomas is crucial to their run defense," Wright said. "You watch that Oakland game and you see them playing completely differently, guys running out of position. We realize they're all healthy now and we have to expect something completely different from what they've shown in the past."

Injury report:

The Browns' injury report was the same. Tight end Darnell Dinkins (hand) was the only other player not to practice.

I'm in the same predicament. Have him and I'm hesistant to pick up Wright just yet.

Not sure if we'll know before Sunday. Lewis really wants to play. He's been on local TV saying that.

Although FYI: :D

Friday, October 12, 2007

Browns running back Jamal Lewis did not participate in practice for the second day in a row because of a foot strain, increasing the possibility of Jason Wright playing Sunday against Miami.

If that happens, Jerome Harrison would be activated as a backup for only the second time this season. Also, Wright would get relief from special teams duty. He is on every kicking team.

Wright has 102 yards in 19 attempts subbing for Lewis. His 5.4-yard average exceeds Lewis' 5.0.

Meanwhile, Miami's run defense (ranked 31st) is a notch below that of the Browns (30th).

Wright cautioned that it's a misleading statistic. The Dolphins gave up 141 rushing yards to the Jets and 299 to the Raiders with linebacker Zach Thomas out with a concussion.

"When we watched the film, we realize Zach Thomas is crucial to their run defense," Wright said. "You watch that Oakland game and you see them playing completely differently, guys running out of position. We realize they're all healthy now and we have to expect something completely different from what they've shown in the past."

Injury report:

The Browns' injury report was the same. Tight end Darnell Dinkins (hand) was the only other player not to practice.

So, is this saying that he didn't practice today (Friday) ?

Lewis, Jurevicius questionable

Jeff Walcoff, Staff Writer

Jamal Lewis (foot) and Joe Jurevicius (knee) are questionable for Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins according to the team's injury report released Friday.

Lewis missed practice for the third consecutive day Friday, while Jurevicius practiced on a limited basis. Also questionable are Brodney Pool (thigh) and Gary Baxter (knees), each of whom missed portions of practice Friday.

the real question is....

is Zach Thomas playing? :D

he's not on the injury report that went along with my above quote:

The Dolphins declared three players 'out' Friday. Quarterback Trent Green (concussion), defensive tackle Vonnie Holiday (ankle), and safety Travares Tillman (knee) won't play Sunday.

Two players -- receiver Derek Hagan (hamstring) and defensive tackle Rodrique Wright (ankle) -- are questionable after being limited in practice.

Running back Ronnie Brown (foot), defensive end Jason Taylor (neck), center Samson Satele (neck), linebacker Channing Crowder (ankle), kicker Jay Feely (neck), and safety Cameron Worrell (shoulder) are probable and practiced fully Friday.