[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wiring money

Cameltosis

I am looking at a set of Mirage home theater speakers, I know what I want so I went online. There is a website that is much cheaper than the big box stores around, and also cheaper than the mom and pops. My problem is they only accept wired payment via Western Union. I have never wired money before, and I have never heard of this website. This makes me nervous. My question is if there is any way of getting the money back if these guys dont send me the speakers? Of if I were to send it I am standing the chance of never seeing the speakers or the money again. At least if I pay with credit card I have a bit of insurance, right?

I am looking at a set of Mirage home theater speakers, I know what I want so I went online. There is a website that is much cheaper than the big box stores around, and also cheaper than the mom and pops. My problem is they only accept wired payment via Western Union. I have never wired money before, and I have never heard of this website. This makes me nervous. My question is if there is any way of getting the money back if these guys dont send me the speakers? Of if I were to send it I am standing the chance of never seeing the speakers or the money again. At least if I pay with credit card I have a bit of insurance, right?

I've heard bad things (all second-hand) about ebay users and western union money orders. You may want to keep looking.

I've heard bad things (all second-hand) about ebay users and western union money orders. You may want to keep looking.

Its not ebay, and the site looks legit, but I have never heard of it. So, there is no insurance what so ever for WU wires?

Come on now, a company only accepts money orders and you didn't know it was a scam?

No, I never said that. If you read closely you will see I said i was nervous, but the real question was if there was some sort of insurance to wiring money since I have never done it. I had no intention of sending these guys money.