[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

goodbye to the greatest musician you never knew

polksalet

I was reluctant to post this until Tonorator's family received better news. As I have posted on here many times I was raised by a bunch of hillbillies in Arkansas who happen to be world class musicians. We had lots of friends growing up. I used to run around music festivals hanging off of Ricky Skaggs and Keith Whitley among others. It was an unusual upbringing to be sure and I hated all of the the traveling and camping and stuff. However I did have a lot of fun and definitely got to meet a variety of interesting people.

We had a core group of musicians we ran around with at home and one of them was a fellow named Doyle Marshall. I never appreciated the quality of character of a lot of these guys and definitely didn't appreciate Doyle until the last few years. I saw him 8 weeks ago while visiting his church and he looked pretty rough. I mean rough for a 65 y/o part indian bluegrass musician. He seemed to have lost a lot of weight and he told me that he had been working in the garden a lot this summer and the heat was getting to him. He went to the doc the next day and was diagnosed with cancer in his stomach. We buried him Wednesday. I have never seen someone go down so fast. He did however have the best funeral imaginable with some of the best music I have ever heard. There are at least 2 grammy winners there, maybe more.

I guess growing up I never really knew has bad this plague was. But after losing my grandpa this summer, my friend this week, and the mystery surrounding my little girl's future I am really just sick of cancer.

Please keep my friend Doyle's family in your prayers