[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

investment advice

tonorator

i must share for those thinking about investing. you simply must think long and hard about emerging markets. all major global companies are killing themselves to tap into the massive growth potential of developing regions and that growth is kicking in. if you are a newbie investor, go for a mutual fund that specializes in emerging markets, such as this. that's a 5 year growth chart! i sunk some cash into this about a year ago and have enjoy a straight shot up 70% return. this is not going to die down anytime soon. if you don't have part of your portfolio in emerging markets, you are missing out (imho). vanguard is about the most conservative mutual fund company out there, just mirroring the indexes straight up.

do your own research, as always, but you need to realize this trend is very real. this is coming from my pure desire to see my fellow tailgaters prosper. you shouldn't miss out on this because you were not aware.

and no, i'm not an employee of vanguard, nor do i stand to personally gain from this in any way. i would be happy to provide more perspective if you want to PM me. i'm sure those tailgaters who work in the investing world can chime in as well.

i must share for those thinking about investing. you simply must think long and hard about emerging markets. all major global companies are killing themselves to tap into the massive growth potential of developing regions and that growth is kicking in. if you are a newbie investor, go for a mutual fund that specializes in emerging markets, such as this. that's a 5 year growth chart! i sunk some cash into this about a year ago and have enjoy a straight shot up 70% return. this is not going to die down anytime soon. if you don't have part of your portfolio in emerging markets, you are missing out (imho). vanguard is about the most conservative mutual fund company out there, just mirroring the indexes straight up.

do your own research, as always, but you need to realize this trend is very real. this is coming from my pure desire to see my fellow tailgaters prosper. you shouldn't miss out on this because you were not aware.

and no, i'm not an employee of vanguard, nor do i stand to personally gain from this in any way. i would be happy to provide more perspective if you want to PM me. i'm sure those tailgaters who work in the investing world can chime in as well.

I can't, nor can anyone else in the investment field, offer financial advice on message boards. There is something called Blue Sky Laws which protect the investor against the very activity of advice from a person not registered in your state about specific investments without a prospectus. Good Luck.

I can't, nor can anyone else in the investment field, offer financial advice on message boards. There is something called Blue Sky Laws which protect the investor against the very activity of advice from a person not registered in your state about specific investments without a prospectus. Good Luck.

:D

i don't want to get anyone's wages garnisheed.

i was talking more in general about looking into this broader area.

I don't think you'll get in trouble for this here - rats aren't allowed on this board! So, it looks like that one is up 500% over 4.5 years then? Nice. I've got 35% of my 401(k) in EuroPacific right now, and its far outpacing the domestic stuff. I'm pretty happy about it - takes some of the sting out of the -10% on the house....

As of yesterday my 401K was at 30% return ytd. My two most successful funds are foreign - Fidelity Canada (FICDX) up over 40% on the year and Fidelity Nordic (FNORX) up around 30% IIRC.

Fidelity seems like the best company to be with of the big ones at least. I'm thinking of opening a Roth with them. When I can actually get the initial deposit together.

just trade the etf's. you are giving up way too much money with the enormous comms. you guys are smart. do your dd and get rich, dont make them rich!!

I guess you built your own house and did your own plumbing and wiring work too. Excellent piece of advice dumbass.

I guess you built your own house and did your own plumbing and wiring work too. Excellent piece of advice dumbass.

well i built my house with the money ive made trading for myself. dont get upset cause you are a dinosaur. its over for you. all you do is get your morning updates from the home office. i know the game, im in it as well. i can give everybody on here the same advice you do and do it for free, as a friend. i get the same memos and updates you do. its not rocket science. there is no reason to pay you for what you do. maybe for insurance, but thats it. good luck bro!

well i built my house with the money ive made trading for myself. dont get upset cause you are a dinosaur. its over for you. all you do is get your morning updates from the home office. i know the game, im in it as well. i can give everybody on here the same advice you do and do it for free, as a friend. i get the same memos and updates you do. its not rocket science. there is no reason to pay you for what you do. maybe for insurance, but thats it. good luck bro!

I am not a stock broker...don't want to be one. Your advice is horsepoopy poopster poop poop poop. Daytraders make on average 3% less than the S&P 500 index. The word average suggests there are some who perform above and some below...in a given year. I would say when I compare the relative ignorance you have shown on this board....I am confident I can call you a poser and send you to bed. BTW, I don't do my own plumbing or anything else I can pay a professional to do for me. Do you pay for lawyers....I mean with all those do your will and power of attorney software sites out there....sheesh.

nor am i a daytrader, but keep trying. the stock market is not rocket science, all you need to do is a little home work. i admire you defending your worthiness, we all would do the same. but its simple, people do not need to spend money on guys like you. simple fact. the guys here are smart. just cause you can afford to pay someone to do something means you should? come on, thats great advice. i'd rather do it by myself. comparing law to the stock market is great too.

Edited by dmarc117

nor am i a daytrader, but keep trying. the stock market is not rocket science, all you need to do is a little home work. i admire you defending your worthiness, we all would do the same. but its simple, people do not need to spend money on guys like you. simple fact. the guys here are smart. just cause you can afford to pay someone to do something means you should? come on, thats great advice. i'd rather do it by myself. comparing law to the stock market is great too.

What, will and power of attorneys is rocket science? LOL. My guess is that 80% of the people on this board wouldn't break 8% over a ten year period. My guess is you haven't broken 8% over a ten year period. Keep posting your bullcrap....that is all it is. It is one thing to invest "mad money" on your own. But your entire investment portfolio....when you are at work when the market is open...that invites trouble.

What, will and power of attorneys is rocket science? LOL. My guess is that 80% of the people on this board wouldn't break 8% over a ten year period. My guess is you haven't broken 8% over a ten year period. Keep posting your bullcrap....that is all it is. It is one thing to invest "mad money" on your own. But your entire investment portfolio....when you are at work when the market is open...that invites trouble.

keep trying to save yourself. its over. i weep for you.

1) It's never a bad idea to listen to advice.

2) It's a bad idea to be a lemming.

3) Some financial advisors would help their clients more if they changed professions.

4) Some financial advisors need to charge more money.

1) It's never a bad idea to listen to advice.

2) It's a bad idea to be a lemming.

3) Some financial advisors would help their clients more if they changed professions.

4) Some financial advisors need to charge more money.

All true statements. #3 seems to be posing the biggest problem in my industry so far.