[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The use of tactical nukes...

I Like Soup

I find it ironic that our "leaders" warn about how crazy people want to kill us with WMDs, yet in the history of the world we are the only country to ever kill people with nuclear weapons in battle.

How could we possibly consider doing it again short of an apocalyptic scenario? How can we accuse others of wanting to use WMDs when we openly discuss the possibility of using them ourselves ...

So no, I am not even a fan of our leaders saying that nuclear options are "on the table" ...

Because our morals and values are at a much higher level than "there's". We only use WMD when it is morally right, "they" want to use WMD for reasons that are not morally right. When we meddle in the affairs of other countries, it is for the right reason, when "they" do it, it is for the wrong reason. When we install brutal dictators that do not recongnise the most basic of human rights and that wage war on their own citizens, it is for the greater good, when "they" have brutal dictators that do not recognize the most basic of human rights and wage war on their own citizens, "they" are being very bad.

Crap Beau, do I have to explain everything to you?

You'd use a nuke on a bunch of ragass terrorists in a cave? :D

As others have said, the radiation pulse, heat, flash and blast would all be detected pretty much instantly and the residual radiation later.

nukes wouldn't be necessary.
If we know they are in a cave complex in the middle of the mountains, why do we need to nuke them. Just hit them with enough conventional ordinance to close of the means of egress, and let them die of dehydration, starvation or suffocation.

:D My question wasn't really aimed at whether it was needed in that scenario, just that what do y'all think of their use? I understand the fallout, etc...but I am of course thinking the radiation is much smaller in nature.

The neighbor's dog wouldn't shut the f**k up all morning. I'm exhausted. All this talk about tactical nukes has me thinkin' about dropping one on that friggin mutt.

That there is funny! :wacko:

I find it ironic that our "leaders" warn about how crazy people want to kill us with WMDs, yet in the history of the world we are the only country to ever kill people with nuclear weapons in battle.

How could we possibly consider doing it again short of an apocalyptic scenario? How can we accuse others of wanting to use WMDs when we openly discuss the possibility of using them ourselves ...

So no, I am not even a fan of our leaders saying that nuclear options are "on the table" ...

I find no irony in that whatsoever.

:D My question wasn't really aimed at whether it was needed in that scenario, just that what do y'all think of their use? I understand the fallout, etc...but I am of course thinking the radiation is much smaller in nature.

I thought your question was quite specific, to wit:

Lets say we have intel that there is a rather big cave complex in the mountains of Afghanistan with large numbers of Taliban/Al Qaeda. So we set up an airstrike with one aircraft and a tactical nuke on board...how would anyone know we used one? Is that a viable option?

Anyway, nukes have to remain doomsday weapons. Any other use positively encourages more proliferation than is going on already.

Because our morals and values are at a much higher level than "there's". We only use WMD when it is morally right, "they" want to use WMD for reasons that are not morally right. When we meddle in the affairs of other countries, it is for the right reason, when "they" do it, it is for the wrong reason. When we install brutal dictators that do not recongnise the most basic of human rights and that wage war on their own citizens, it is for the greater good, when "they" have brutal dictators that do not recognize the most basic of human rights and wage war on their own citizens, "they" are being very bad.

I'm detecting sarcasam. Strong work.