[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hunting Photos

Rebellab

my kids hunt with me ( duck, geese,turkey, bow) when they are ten they will go gun deer hunting if they want to. thye helped me cut up 2 deer on Monday .. all they talk about is going to the hunting shack to fish , hunt play in the woods and burn wood...

Yeah, i was giving you a hard time. Hunters get a bad rap and it bothers me. We (my family and friends)hunt for all the right reasons. A 3 year old really still can't comprehend death to its fullest, so yeah I could understand that. Now my 4 year old is a lot older for his age cause of his older brother.....I don't really want to take him cause he's still a little young, but he wants to go and big brother really wants him to go as well. I took the oldest when he was 5 1/2 and I didn't get one, but last year when he was 6 1/2 I did and he was fine with it all except he thought the field dressing was gross, but it is until you're about 15, some never get past it. I'm pumped that they are into what I like......that alone means the world to me. They've got wealth and fortune headed their way one day in this area if they want it. I have a pretty good idea how the little one will act otherwise I wouldn't take him. The chances that we get one will be slim with those two sitting with me, but it's the bonding experience that is priceless.

Yup, thats awesome. :D I hope me and my kids can share in something as rewarding. I grew up with a 12 point buck on the wall so I dont have any ill will towards deer hunting. Although, that deer was got with a perfect shot with a compund bow. :wacko: You could see where the arrow hit him right in the neck. I really respect bow hunters.

And I remember my stepdad comming home from hunting and telling me to go get the "Bear" outa his truck. I was like "You caught a bear!" He was like "No the beer." :D And the time at the hunting shack in WV when they came back with a deer and telling me that I had to eat a piece of the liver raw since it was the first kill I was a part of. I did it without even thinking about it. Come to think of it, those are pretty fond childhood memories.

Yup, thats awesome. :D I hope me and my kids can share in something as rewarding. I grew up with a 12 point buck on the wall so I dont have any ill will towards deer hunting. Although, that deer was got with a perfect shot with a compund bow. :D You could see where the arrow hit him right in the neck. I really respect bow hunters.

And I remember my stepdad comming home from hunting and telling me to go get the "Bear" outa his truck. I was like "You caught a bear!" He was like "No the beer." :wacko: And the time at the hunting shack in WV when they came back with a deer and telling me that I had to eat a piece of the liver raw since it was the first kill I was a part of. I did it without even thinking about it. Come to think of it, those are pretty fond childhood memories.

That's good stuff right there :D

I had a buck hanging in the garage once when my daughter was a toddler and she said "he's sad Daddy, he wants to get down".

I honestly didn't know how to respond to that. I have no problem with hunting, but I have only killed a couple since then. After being a one time majorly avid hunter, I just no longer get it.

Edited by whoopazz

they live in Murdo. was back there in '06. how things look more & more desolate.

We had some really good rains earlier this fall so things are looking up for next spring. Ranchers have plenty of grass for cattle, but no water in their dams. The crops have been good and so have the prices so rural America is doing really well. Cattle prices so far this fall have been good, not great, but the ranchers are making money.

Well I couldn't believe it, but the boys and I got a doe. They were not quiet and actually pretty bad in the morning. We had a long talk and better weather in the afternoon and they were awesome, helping look for movement in the woods behind the stand and listening for any leaves crunching (squirrels) until my oldest spotted one and he was tickled to death. I lung shot her right before dark and it was a long tracking through the woods with a flashlight in the darkness, but the looks on those boys' faces was priceless. I really want to post the pics but alas I still don't want to give up my identity here yet. My neighbor and his 14 year old daughter shot a nice 9 pointer the same evening.......he is still thanking me calling me at work today :D I guess that's what happens when he's hunted the last 4 years and hasn't even seen a deer.....comes up to my place and shoots the biggest deer of his life in less than 5 hours in the stand :D

Got out Saturday and filled my two mule deer doe tags old school style. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, so no pics this time. It was a great day, other than having to pass up shots at several dandy bucks that were all rutted up and thinking with the wrong organ, including a 40 yard broadside shot at a decent 4x4 that was easily 26" wide.

Got out Saturday and filled my two mule deer doe tags old school style. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, so no pics this time. It was a great day, other than having to pass up shots at several dandy bucks that were all rutted up and thinking with the wrong organ, including a 40 yard broadside shot at a decent 4x4 that was easily 26" wide.

Ya know....we may have to swap hunts sometime :D I would most definately welcome you to my farm for a chance at a mulely cheap style.

Ya know....we may have to swap hunts sometime :D I would most definately welcome you to my farm for a chance at a mulely cheap style.

You're welcome anytime. Even if I can't arrange to show you around, which I would do happily, I can put you onto some areas open to the public that are crawling with mulies. However, I must warn you that there is nothing cheap about Montana's non-resident licenses. If you want any information or particulars, just shoot me a PM.

Last weekend was a blast, but this weekend it will be even better as I have a neighbor (good friend) taking his 14 year old daughter up there and my best friend taking his 9 year old and I am taking my 4 and 7 year old all hunting. Basically no matter what happens the first weekend the second weekend is for the kids, always. My kids love the outdoors as much ass I do and its just great bonding time. As anxious as I was for last weekend, I'm even more anxious for this one. I know there are at least 3 wall hangers still rnning around out there and am hopeful someone gets one of them.........the 30 pointer sure would be nice. I am definately doing some serious bow hunting after rifle season is over since I have seen all these monsters running around. We usually have a good year like this every 5 years or so mainly cause we control our herd every year taking at least a 4:1 or 5:1 doe to buck ratio. I was really pissed off buying my tags, 9 people in front of me all bought any deer tags......they probably don't even know how to field dress a deer, that shiatt pisses me off.

We shot 9 mature does, 1 button buck and 3 bucks last weekend.

Always nice to here stories about people taking their kids out and teaching them about the outdoors and hunting. IMO, that is how you learn the correct way to go about it. I am very happy that my dad was into hunting, fishing, sports, etc and taught me the "right" way to do things. Sadly, there are many people who were not fortunate enough to be taught about hunting early on and now many of them are bad sportsmen. Never ceases to amaze me the number of people each year that shoot things they should never even be pointing a gun at. Each year, people are shot. Cattle are shot. Homes are shot. How can you see something well enough to hit it and NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS that you are shooting at??!! I think I read here in MN a CO tagged someone for shooting a moose while deer hunting. I am pretty sure most children can distinguish between a moose and a deer! Unbelievable!

:D to HT for teaching his kids about hunting. People like him make the hunting world a safer and more enjoyable place.

Oh, almost forgot to include my own report from the field. Opening morning I took a pretty nice 8 pointer and yesterday a smaller doe that I gave to a buddy who was unsuccessful this year. There'll be venni grillin shortly out here in Blaine. :D