[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys run up the score

Furd

The Cowboys were up by 4 scores in the fourth quarter. The Jets had little chance of scoring 1 TD in that quarter, let alone three (plus a FG). Yet, the Cowboys had their first string offense in and threw a long pass for the TD.

Flat out poor sportsmanship.

Right then, lets punish them by sending them to New England..... Oh, wait, they already have a team run by a cheating, lowlife scumbag, that should of been suspended.... Nevermind :D

Really? Seems to me they already had their shot and got spanked by 21 points... :wacko:

Yea but when they meet in the SB we'll kick their butts because we got film.....

Good

:D

Trip.....

I know this is a weak expedition but when watching it I was actually thinking this is the way I have seen a game that was well in hand get put away all these years..They had 4th and 3 on the drive before in the red zone and they kicked a FG..I didnt see that as insulting as it has been said so many times here recently..Then the last drive they rode Barber to the red zone and threw only a few passes..

Nice job, Furd, let's see the Dallas "NE has no class" weasels wriggle their way out of this. :D

Really nothing to wiggle out of..Dallas kicked the FG when they had 4th and 3 and were up 3+ scores late like teams have been doing since Moses wore short pants..Then the next drive they ran about 95% of the drive..I have stated many times that if thats how NE wants to handle themselves I am fine with it but the difference is Dallas ran almost every down..The Pats throw as if they are down 5 scores when they are up 5 scores..If a team cant stop a team thats running the ball the only thing left to do is take a knee..Would that be insulting ?

ETA: again this is weak sauce fishing but I cant help myself.

Edited by whomper

ETA: again this is weak sauce fishing but I cant help myself.

Well, two of the biggest criticisms of the Patriots have been: 1) leaving the starting unit in too long; and 2) throwing TD passes when the game is out of hand.

The Cowboys did just that yesterday. There can be no debate about it.

The whole "but they ran most of that last drive" is the "weak sauce."

Well, two of the biggest criticisms of the Patriots have been: 1) leaving the starting unit in too long; and 2) throwing TD passes when the game is out of hand.

The Cowboys did just that yesterday. There can be no debate about it.

The whole "but they ran most of that last drive" is the "weak sauce."

How so ? When a team is trying to properly put a football game away they run the ball..Barber was getting 10-12 yards per carry..If Barber didnt get them all the way down the field with runs they wouldnt have throw a bomb to TO to "make him happy" and if it was 4th down on that drive they would have punted or kicked a FG like they did on the previous drive..In # 2 above you are leaving out the bigger complaints that you have seen on the boards..Throwing all the way down the field and throwing on 4th down in those drives ..What are you a lawyer or something ?

Edited by whomper

How so ? When a team is trying to properly put a football game away they run the ball..Barber was getting 10-12 yards per carry..If Barber didnt get them all the way down the field with runs they wouldnt have throw a bomb to TO and if it was 4th down on that drive they would have punted or kicked a FG like they did on the previous drive..In # 2 above you are leaving out the bigger complaints that you have seen on the boards..Throwing all the way down the field and throwing on 4th down in those drives ..What are you a lawyer or something ?

Properly put a game away? Were you watching the same game? Please tell me you're not suggesting that the outcome of the game was in doubt with a 27-3 score with ten minutes left in the game. The game was put away. Yet, Dallas rolls out their number one offensive unit. With six minutes to go, Dallas' Pro Bowl QB throws a 22 yard TD pass (a bomb as you put it) to its Pro Bowl WR. And that's ok because Dallas was running its best RB earlier in the drive? I don't think so. (We'll disagree on whether a 10 yard pass is any different than a 10 yard run in that situation.)

What Dallas would have done in some made up situation on that drive is irrelevant,

I don't recall that I have said NE was classless for running up the score.

To paraphrase a famous quote: When the other team promises not to try to come back and win the game we will promise not to try to score points.

I'm not a fan of NE so I don't have a problem when they continue to score points in the 4th quarter. I am a fan of Dallas and I don't have a problem with them continuing to score in the 4th quarter when the game is in hand. The only problem I have is that when the game is in hand in the 4th quarter I see no reason to jeporadize the health of our key players (I don't care if NE does this because I am not a NE fan). I see no reason to potentially damage our ability to win future games by giving meaningless minutes to key personnel.

Properly put a game away? Were you watching the same game? Please tell me you're not suggesting that the outcome of the game was in doubt with a 27-3 score with ten minutes left in the game. The game was put away. Yet, Dallas rolls out their number one offensive unit. With six minutes to go, Dallas' Pro Bowl QB throws a 22 yard TD pass (a bomb as you put it) to its Pro Bowl WR. And that's ok because Dallas was running its best RB earlier in the drive? I don't think so. (We'll disagree on whether a 10 yard pass is any different than a 10 yard run in that situation.)

What Dallas would have done in some made up situation on that drive is irrelevant,

The td pass was not what I called a bomb..My point was if Barber didnt get Dallas downfield I dont think anywhere in that drive you would have seen Dallas trying to throw a bomb..I wasnt refering to the td pass..What I meant by putting a game away is running the ball a majority of the 4th Q ..Putting it away not as if we were in jeopardy of losing but putting it away meaning when we get the ball we run to shorten and finish the game and keep the clock moving..I have never complianed that the Pats throw passes in the 4th Q..You are allowed to throw a pass..ISMHO if you are passing all the way down the field its is much different then running..Look at the last drive

1-10-DAL29 (10:47) M.Barber up the middle to DAL 33 for 4 yards (M.Chatham).

2-6-DAL33 (10:06) M.Barber left guard to DAL 41 for 8 yards (A.Elam).

1-10-DAL41 (9:24) M.Barber up the middle to NYJ 49 for 10 yards (M.Chatham).

1-10-NYJ49 (8:40) M.Barber up the middle to NYJ 36 for 13 yards (A.Elam).

1-10-NYJ36 (7:52) T.Romo pass short right to M.Barber to NYJ 24 for 12 yards (A.Elam). Chatham of New York tipped the pass. Harris with heavy pressure on Romo.

1-10-NYJ24 (7:05) M.Barber right end to NYJ 22 for 2 yards (A.Elam; K.Rhodes).

2-8-NYJ22 (6:18) T.Romo pass deep left to T.Owens for 22 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The TD pass is Romo's 29th of the season, tying Danny White (1983) for club record. The TD catch by Owens is his 13th of the season, tying him for second-most in a season in club history.

5 runs ..Including 4 to start the drive and one dump off..5 of 7 plays on the ground..If Dallas was stopped short on 3rd down they would have punted or kicked a FG..That is the difference right there..How do I know that ? It happened on the previous drive..I have seen a team that is dominating a game close it out the way Dallas did yesterday a million times..Run the 4th Q down ..Kick a FG when stopped..Throw a limited amount of times..

Edited by whomper