[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU vs Arkansas

tbimm

It sounds like most on the post watched the game. As a guy who has no bias for any team, I think today's game showed the dominance of the SEC. I know... I will get bashed by most of you by saying this, but after viewing that game, I don't see "the Ohio State" or any Big 12 team being able to perform up to the caliber of talent I watched today. Especially not after having the gauntlet of a schedule LSU ran, and for that matter, most SEC teams (like Arkansas). Seriously, if OSU had to play the same schedule as LSU, I don't see how they wouldn't come out with more losses than LSU. Seriously, swap the shoes of say OSU and LSU. LSU playing a Big 10 schedule, and visa versa... I view it like this...LSU could hang in the BIG 10 (and maybe even get an unlucky loss) were as OSU would between 2-4 losses (2 would be lucky, 4 more likely). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of LSU and definitely not of the idiot Les Miles. I'm just an observer of quality football at this point.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, if OSU had to play the same schedule as LSU, I don't see how they wouldn't come out with more losses than LSU. Seriously, swap the shoes of say OSU and LSU. LSU playing a Big 10 schedule, and visa versa... I view it like this...LSU could hang in the BIG 10 (and maybe even get an unlucky loss) were as OSU would between 2-4 losses (2 would be lucky, 4 more likely). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of LSU and definitely not of the idiot Les Miles. I'm just an observer of quality football at this point.

Seriously? visa versa?

:D

I heard that at the end of the game, Tiger fan started chanting SEC! SEC! :D

I learned a long time ago if you judge your team by winning National Championships you almost certain to be setting yourself up for disappointed every season.

So let me get this straight, now that they've lost to 2 teams that have 8 losses between them, a national championship team that should have thumped everyone on there schedule is supposed to be content with moral victories? Interesting.

And I have to ask one more time... if LSU wins the SEC CG which bowl do they go to? I'm certainly not assuming they will win, I'm just saying, if they do win, where do they go? And why are you getting hot with me, when other folks on here actually personally insult you and what not. I have done nothing of the sort to you.

As a USC fan, I'm not happy with the season. If USC goes to the Rose Bowl and beats Ohio State, I still won't be happy with the season. As long as USC beats UCLA and Notre Dame, it can never be a horrible season. Any season with a Rose Bowl win and victories over the rivals is decent. But nothing less than a national championship is ever satisfying.

Passive aggressive? :D

Did you watch the game? No quit in this Tiger team. No one has beaten this LSU ball club in regulation, OT or even in double OT. Not sure if losing in triple OT is anything to be ashamed of.

Nobody said LSU had anything to be ashamed of.

It's the guys here who were propping them up as the best team in the nation who now have to step up and say "I guess I was wrong." Haven't seen you do that yet.

Nobody said LSU had anything to be ashamed of.

It's the guys here who were propping them up as the best team in the nation who now have to step up and say "I guess I was wrong." Haven't seen you do that yet.

To me they still are the best team in the nation. Saw nothing last night that tells me LSU would lose to anyone behind them in this week's rankings. What they probably lost last night was a chance to win the NC and the opportunity to finish the season #1. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

So let me get this straight, now that they've lost to 2 teams that have 8 losses between them, a national championship team that should have thumped everyone on there schedule is supposed to be content with moral victories? Interesting.

And I have to ask one more time... if LSU wins the SEC CG which bowl do they go to? I'm certainly not assuming they will win, I'm just saying, if they do win, where do they go? And why are you getting hot with me, when other folks on here actually personally insult you and what not. I have done nothing of the sort to you.

Not getting hot just saying you are making assumptions then calling them facts.

It sounds like most on the post watched the game. As a guy who has no bias for any team, I think today's game showed the dominance of the SEC. I know... I will get bashed by most of you by saying this, but after viewing that game, I don't see "the Ohio State" or any Big 12 team being able to perform up to the caliber of talent I watched today. Especially not after having the gauntlet of a schedule LSU ran, and for that matter, most SEC teams (like Arkansas). Seriously, if OSU had to play the same schedule as LSU, I don't see how they wouldn't come out with more losses than LSU. Seriously, swap the shoes of say OSU and LSU. LSU playing a Big 10 schedule, and visa versa... I view it like this...LSU could hang in the BIG 10 (and maybe even get an unlucky loss) were as OSU would between 2-4 losses (2 would be lucky, 4 more likely). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of LSU and definitely not of the idiot Les Miles. I'm just an observer of quality football at this point.

This is why we've seen teams that make it to the national championship game from the SEC win it.

To me they still are the best team in the nation. Saw nothing last night that tells me LSU would lose to anyone behind them in this week's rankings. What they probably lost last night was a chance to win the NC and the opportunity to finish the season #1. :D

Cmon man......... The best team in the country does not lose 2 games to anyone moreless 2 to unranked opponents.

We have been touting the Tigers as something they werent and we knew it since the Kentucky game.

Stand up like a man and take your medicine. We have it coming.

Cmon man......... The best team in the country does not lose 2 games to anyone moreless 2 to unranked opponents.

We have been touting the Tigers as something they werent and we knew it since the Kentucky game.

Stand up like a man and take your medicine. We have it coming.

Which team did you think was the best team last season at this time? :D

Which team did you think was the best team last season at this time? :D

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

ETA; Until we have a play-off system we will never really know who is the best. That said....... LSU has a very talented group of players they just have no discipline. Stupid penalties, blown coverages, having the wrong personnel on the field late in the game against a one dimensional offense. No excuse for any of that! I am a hugh fan of LSU football but I have to be honest here. They would struggle to win on a neutral site against any of the top offensive teams. Sorry Rocker but that is just a fact that you cant argue away!

Edited by tbimm

Saw nothing last night that tells me LSU would lose to anyone behind them in this week's rankings.

Dude! How can any sane person say that? They got outplayed by a team well behind them in the rankings and that's not the first time that's happened this season. Get a grip!

Dude! How can any sane person say that? They got outplayed by a team well behind them in the rankings and that's not the first time that's happened this season. Get a grip!

Please do tell which team or teams you think are the best in the nation this season. :D

Can I assume you think Kansas or Hawaii since neither has lost this season? :wacko:

LSU has yet to lose a 60 minute game, does that count? :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Please do tell which team or teams you think are the best in the nation this season. :D

Can I assume you think Kansas or Hawaii since neither has lost this season? :D

Much as I hate to say this........ Ohio State and USC. I dont think USC was the best when they had the losses but right now, healthy, they will be tough for anyone to beat. Ohio State lost to an up and coming Illinois team that I dont think anyone wants to play in January.

Kansas could win me over by winning out. Missouri I just dont know yet? Today will tell a lot about these 2 teams.

Saw nothing last night that tells me LSU would lose to anyone behind them in this week's rankings.

Well, then your just a blindass homer then. If you didn't notice it last night then we surely couldn't expect you to notice when Kentucky beat them, or when Florida outplayed them and lost on a fluke call, or the time Alabama or Auburn took them into the 4th quarter. There is enough evidence in all these games for any NON-blindass homer to see the light of day. It's a terrible shame your not a true college football fan that can appreciate the facts, and even sadder you can say the truth despite your arrogance and homerism.

Well, then your just a blindass homer then. If you didn't notice it last night then we surely couldn't expect you to notice when Kentucky beat them, or when Florida outplayed them and lost on a fluke call, or the time Alabama or Auburn took them into the 4th quarter. There is enough evidence in all these games for any NON-blindass homer to see the light of day. It's a terrible shame your not a true college football fan that can appreciate the facts, and even sadder you can say the truth despite your arrogance and homerism.

TOS do you think LSU was better than Ohio State Thanksgiving Day? :D

No moral victories do not count in the BCS. Not part of the formula. Maybe it'll be their next "tweak"

Like you said maybe they should change the formula again, if it helps to determine a true NC.

Bottom line is that LSU would almost certainly be favored over Kansas & Hawaii which are the only two undefeated teams left.