[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kolby Smith rest of the year

Matt Henderson

It was one game, and it was against the Raiders who are abysmal against the run. He's probably a good spot starter if you don't have better options, but I'm interested to see how he does this weekend against San Diego (not a great run D, but better than Oakland surely).

Hmmm, so

Denver

Tenn

Det

in the Playoffs (for my league anyways). I like his chances going forward. Paired with Ryan Grant, that's a nice 1-2 punch

Obviously this is contingent on LJ being on the shelf for the rest of the year, which was rumored but not done as of yet...kicking myself for picking up Dayne over Kolby Smith.....figured go with the 'proven' back, playing weak D in Cleveland.........Kubiak said he abandoned the run too quickly in second half....yeah i KNOW You did!!! Dayne had 55 yards in first half, on way to 100 yards, possible score....then, limited carries in second half

Obviously this is contingent on LJ being on the shelf for the rest of the year, which was rumored but not done as of yet...kicking myself for picking up Dayne over Kolby Smith.....figured go with the 'proven' back, playing weak D in Cleveland.........Kubiak said he abandoned the run too quickly in second half....yeah i KNOW You did!!! Dayne had 55 yards in first half, on way to 100 yards, possible score....then, limited carries in second half

Don't feel bad I did the same thing. I did pick them both up but started Dayne over Smith. I could still get the win but starting Smith would've sealed it for me. And it drives me nuts leaving all them pts on the bench. I benched CJ for the first time all year in favor of Hackett in another league too. :D

I'll have to choose 2 between Smith, Dayne, Grant, Graham and Lynch (if/when he comes back healthy). Hopefully I can do a better job of picking the right two come playoff time. I don't mind losing when I score the max possible pts but it drives me nuts when I lose because I started the wrong guy.

Edited by Sam

Eric karabel reported on his 10 min. clip fantasy 3:50 on espn2 yesterday that he had some kinda inside that L.J. could return as soon as a couple weeks :D Just what he said take it for what it's worth :D

Eric karabel reported on his 10 min. clip fantasy 3:50 on espn2 yesterday that he had some kinda inside that L.J. could return as soon as a couple weeks :wacko: Just what he said take it for what it's worth :D

My league will be over in a couple of weeks. :D

Edited by WaterMan

Anybody else thinking about starting this guy this week? I'm probably going to end up plugging him in. The Chargers have a big name but a few teams have run on them (sorry don't have all the stats but I'm pretty sure their run D has been below par). I figure with KC, he's due for at least one touchdown in the game. Anybody else going to risk it (or have to)?

Anybody else thinking about starting this guy this week? I'm probably going to end up plugging him in. The Chargers have a big name but a few teams have run on them (sorry don't have all the stats but I'm pretty sure their run D has been below par). I figure with KC, he's due for at least one touchdown in the game. Anybody else going to risk it (or have to)?

Thinking about it (options Smith, AD, Edge), but this I believe belongs in the advice forum...

Thinking about it (options Smith, AD, Edge), but this I believe belongs in the advice forum...

This question seems to get brought up in almost every rookie (replacement or returning from injury) running back thread I've read on here. My choice is made. With Ced. Benson out (who actually was doing a little better these last few weeks) and S. Holmes out...my team has no choice. Kolby is my flex man so I hope he keeps it going. I just wondered if anybody else has faith in him. I didn't get to watch much of the KC game and never paid attention to his college days. I figure a conversation on his outlook against SD very much fits into the subject of this thread on his value the rest of the year. I'd be stoked for 70 yards and 1 TD this week. Any Chief homers have a guesstimate for this week? Or just how KC normally does against SD (I want to say it was 30 (KC) to 19 (SD) or something last time they played in SD). Sounds like a decent matchup to me, but we can let this thread die if nobody is interested in talking about him.

Before I'd get bullish about any KC RB, let alone the guy determined to be 3rd best among their options, I'd need to see something better out of that team. They haven't shown they can move the ball well. I mean, how many times have they had any RB rush for 100 yds this year? How's that QB?

This was the Oakland D after all and it's not like he lit them up. He had the kind of decent game you'd expect from a quality fantasy starter against a solid to good D. Not a team that everyone has run over and around.