[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor dies

satelliteoflovegm

IIRC< Peytons had to do with the Colts specifically had white shoes as part of their uniform and this would have been breaking the uniform code (kinda ticky-tacky, I know). But I don't see why the league wouldn't allow a player to switch jersey numbers if it was team approved and done in plenty of time before the game.

I think that is more in the marketing department. There are lots of spamshirts that could lose value with a changed number and I would think Reebok with the exclusive rights has something in the contract regarding this.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN has a reporter saying his girlfriend was huddled under the covers with the baby when the shots rang out so she didn't see the attacker. That sounds a little fishy but that is what he said.

Why is this fishy? Seriously. They were in the bedroom and heard the break in. As the man of the house....wouldn't you say something to your wife/SO such as....."Stay here.....call 911......"......or would you say, "Come on...let's go see who the intruder is." :D

He was apparently complying with his probation order not to own a gun.....he kept a machete in the bedroom. A previous break in would make anyone nervous and protective....don't you think? And we all know.....you can't bring a knife to a gunfight and expect to win. Now my take on this incident, FWIW, is that whoever it was wasn't there to rob them. Unless they were incredibly stupid burglers. I would assume the first rule of burglurizing a home at night with the occupants there is NOT to be heard.

This isn't the place to speculate further....I just thought your comment was "incredibly stupid." I don't care if you were fishing.....you're an idiot.

This isn't the place to speculate further....I just thought your comment was "incredibly stupid." I don't care if you were fishing.....you're an idiot.

I love you.

ETA: Randull's not smart enough to fish, just FYI.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Now my take on this incident, FWIW, is that whoever it was wasn't there to rob them.

Precisely - this was either vengeance or a hit for other reasons. Given that Taylor obviously had an idea something like this could happen, I'm surprised he didn't have a couple of guys from Rent-A-Heavy on the premises.

Andy Garcia: Taylor saved niece's life

Actor Andy Garcia hailed his niece's slain boyfriend, NFL star Sean Taylor, as a ''free safety until the end'' who showed bravery in the last moments of his life to protect his family.

Garcia is the uncle of Jackie Garcia, Taylor's girlfriend, who was in the house when Taylor was shot Monday morning, and who hid under the sheets with the couple's 18-month old baby when Taylor confronted his killer. Garcia and her family have kept quiet, declining to speak to the media.

Their silence was broken by Andy, who spoke highly of Taylor.

''His heroic action on that tragic night saved their life and is a testament to his humanity and courage,'' Garcia said in his statement, which was provided to The Miami Herald through his manager, Joanne Colonna. ``His spirit will live forever, in our hearts and through the legacy of his achievements and the family he leaves behind.''

Garcia and Taylor met at Gulliver Prep School, an exclusive school in Miami-Dade county where Taylor shone on the field as a young man, leading the school to a state championship. Garcia was a successful soccer player.

The couple attended the University of Miami together and had their first child last year, also named Jackie.

''Sean was known to many as an extraordinary athlete and unquestionable teammate,'' Garcia said. ``To those of us who had the good fortune to count him as a member of our extended family, we will always remember him as a caring and loving individual especially to his new family, his precious daughter Jackie and to the love of his life and mother to his child my niece Jacqueline.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_d...ory/324186.html