[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor dies

satelliteoflovegm

Wasn't this guy involved in multiple felony assault charges involving beating the crap out of some people and shoving a gun in their faces. Obviously any death is a tragedy, but isn't there reason to believe he was partially responsible for getting capped?

His past was filled with guns and violence, usually him firing the weapon at others. Probably was a payback of some kind.

I have been questioning my hanging around the Huddle lately..... now I know why.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard on Mike and Mike this morning that one of the Skins players said if the players were to hold a vote for Redskins Mayor Taylor would have finished top 3..It just shows what his teamates thought of him. Its a sad day for his family and friends and the whole Redskins organization and fanbase..

yeah, it's extra sad to see a guy who was kind of a punk out of school, who turned it around to become a leader, a great player who works hard, and apparently a good citizen...and then this happens. the world would make so much more sense if that sort of personal growth were always rewarded. RIP, sean. :D

I'll save any speculation based on rumors until we know more. Regardless of what that outcome is this is a tragedy.

I have heard that he was trying to break away from his past mistakes. This is a sad situation and I feel for his family and friends, especially his girlfriend and child.

No, but if the story about the knife is true, that was message #1. Who's not to say the misplaced shot into the leg was supposed to be message #2 that just went wrong? Clearly, there's something shady going on here.

I didn't realize that there was a previous recent attack. That is indeed disturbing.

Edited by Bill Swerski

:D

Come on dude, the man just died. Regardless the circumstances, he was murdered in his own house, and this thread should be about paying respects, not speculating if he deserved to die or not, like you are doing. Seriously.....

Totally Agree....(wait did I just type that?)

S.Taylor was the first home grown Redskins in the past 10 years to truly distinguish himself as a player with the potential to be an "all time great" in the NFL. He was tough. He was fearless. He was dominant when he played. Sean was everything we Skins fans wanted him to be on the field, especially in the past year or so as Coach Gibbs and Williams were able to help him mature as a responsible player and man.

Why Sean was killed will be determined by the Police, and frankly, I don't care why - he is lost either way to his family. So, I have no answers today, only prayers for the Taylor's and their friends. It is a tragic loss for them, especially his one year old daughter who will now only know her father through stories and video clips. The Redskins family and its fans will also have to move on. While the fans’ loss pales in comparison to that of the family, we have lost something we have been desperately waiting for a long time in this town - a legitimate Redskins football hero whose jersey we soon would gladly wear along with D.Green, A.Monk, or J.Riggins. Taylor represented hope for his family, his team, and for the fans of Washington, DC. He will be deeply missed by everyone.

May Sean rest in peace and may his memory be eternal.

S.Taylor was the first home grown Redskins in the past 10 years to truly distinguish himself as a player with the potential to be an "all time great" in the NFL. He was tough. He was fearless. He was dominant when he played. Sean was everything we Skins fans wanted him to be on the field, especially in the past year or so as Coach Gibbs and Williams were able to help him mature as a responsible player and man.

Why Sean was killed will be determined by the Police, and frankly, I don't care why - he is lost either way to his family. So, I have no answers today, only prayers for the Taylor's and their friends. It is a tragic loss for them, especially his one year old daughter who will now only know her father through stories and video clips. The Redskins family and its fans will also have to move on. While the fans’ loss pales in comparison to that of the family, we have lost something we have been desperately waiting for a long time in this town - a legitimate Redskins football hero whose jersey we soon would gladly wear along with D.Green, A.Monk, or J.Riggins. Taylor represented hope for his family, his team, and for the fans of Washington, DC. He will be deeply missed by everyone.

May Sean rest in peace and may his memory be eternal.

Well said SpinalTapp.

I think we would be nuts to assume that Shaun Taylor had turned himself into a choir boy in the last 8 months. That said, way too many of our youth don't live long enough to get the chance to mature. Every time something like this happens, it should hopefully bring us closer and closer to realizing that something needs to be done to keep the youth of this country from killing one another. Other than rappers, nobody seems to be trying to do anything about this, at least on a national scale. If somebody doesn't do something in our lifetime, our right to bear arms is going to cause the levy to break. Sadly, I think this problem is going to get significantly worse before it gets better.

I can't believe it. I'm heartbroken. Feel like I lost a family member. It will be a while before I can watch a Redskins game. And even longer before I enjoy one. This is truly a devastating loss for Redskins nation and the NFL. Prayers to the family.

RIP Sean. You will be missed by many.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

At the presser live now, Snyder said all NFL teams will be wearing a #21 on their helmets, Skins will also wear a patch. According to another source (skins messageboard), Portis is planning on changing his number to #21, not sure if just for this game or the rest of the year.

If so, great gesture. Those Miami boys are extremely tight, and Taylor was like CP's younger brother. :D

At the presser live now, Snyder said all NFL teams will be wearing a #21 on their helmets, Skins will also wear a patch. According to another source (skins messageboard), Portis is planning on changing his number to #21, not sure if just for this game or the rest of the year.

If so, great gesture. Those Miami boys are extremely tight, and Taylor was like CP's younger brother. :D

:D for Portis.

Simple enough, a young man died and that will affect a number of family members, friends, team mates and so on. No reason to throw dirt on something which is already a tragedy. I hope he finds peace now as should all who die so young and senselessly.

Do you have any sources that can confirm these DAILY shootings and stabbings in inner city schools?

Plenty but you can find that yourself with little effort and FYI CNN, only reports important things..................

You think they have metal detectors and drug sniffing dogs every day before school because nothing's been happening!