[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor dies

satelliteoflovegm

How do you die from something like that? I would have thought an amputated leg as the worst case scenario. Maybe the blood loss causes too much indirect damage to other organs?

Not important, I guess. Sad event, nonetheless.

He was hit in the femoral artery and had lost massive amounts of blood. No coming back from that really..... just too much blood loss.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is a very sad day w/ the word of Sean Taylor's passing last night. I'm listening to the local radio in DC http://www.sportstalk980.com/main.html and feeling the gravity and the pain of the whole DC region. Tragedies like this happen everyday, to both good and bad people. Because he's famous, this one will be obviously discussed more than others. But any loss of life is a sad, sad situation. Especially one in a situation where armed cowards break into your house w/ you and your family there sleeping. I have nothing but love and prayers for Taylor and his family and the rest of the DC region.

I know many, many people who loved Taylor as their favorite player. For the Skins fans, their team has not been very good for the last decade. They don't have much to cling to except a few standout players. Very few. Taylor was one of them, and this has hit many residents very hard. It's just a game, but it's sometimes larger than life, and he was a hero to some. So I feel bad for them.

Because of the way he died, I can associate w/ it (and I'm sure many others can as well) in the sense that I'm sure many have heard something that goes "bump in the night" and investigated. Your worst nightmare is what happened to Taylor. While thankfully such outcomes probably will never happen to you or I, it does happen, sadly, to people on a daily basis. When it makes the news, and hits close to home, being a star NFL player that many followed, it is shocking and sad.

With that said, I feel empty for his family and his baby daughter and the whole DC region. RIP Sean, my prayers for you and your family.

Today is a very sad day w/ the word of Sean Taylor's passing last night. I'm listening to the local radio in DC http://www.sportstalk980.com/main.html and feeling the gravity and the pain of the whole DC region. Tragedies like this happen everyday, to both good and bad people. Because he's famous, this one will be obviously discussed more than others. But any loss of life is a sad, sad situation. Especially one in a situation where armed cowards break into your house w/ you and your family there sleeping. I have nothing but love and prayers for Taylor and his family and the rest of the DC region.

I know many, many people who loved Taylor as their favorite player. For the Skins fans, their team has not been very good for the last decade. They don't have much to cling to except a few standout players. Very few. Taylor was one of them, and this has hit many residents very hard. It's just a game, but it's sometimes larger than life, and he was a hero to some. So I feel bad for them.

Because of the way he died, I can associate w/ it (and I'm sure many others can as well) in the sense that I'm sure many have heard something that goes "bump in the night" and investigated. Your worst nightmare is what happened to Taylor. While thankfully such outcomes probably will never happen to you or I, it does happen, sadly, to people on a daily basis. When it makes the news, and hits close to home, being a star NFL player that many followed, it is shocking and sad.

With that said, I feel empty for his family and his baby daughter and the whole DC region. RIP Sean, my prayers for you and your family.

Well said Dre.

I heard on Mike and Mike this morning that one of the Skins players said if the players were to hold a vote for Redskins Mayor Taylor would have finished top 3..It just shows what his teamates thought of him. Its a sad day for his family and friends and the whole Redskins organization and fanbase..

Unlike many other professions in pro sports the sad reality is in a terrible situation like this is the show must go on..I dont know how they could possibly be focused after this tragedy but I will say the age and experience of Gibbs will be very useful to this team in these tough times.

Edited by whomper

My heart felt sympathies go out to his family, friends, and the 'Skins fans. Losing Darrent Williams here was tough.

I heard a news report this morning that said Taylor's house was also broken into last week and a knife was left on his bed. If true, it would seem that this may be a bit more than just a robbery gone wrong.

As to anyone putting forth that he deserved what happened because of prior bad acts - I sure hope you & your family's closet is completely clean of skeletons - or else who knows what you'll "deserve" getting...

Edited by Bronco Billy

I heard a news report this morning that said Taylor's house was also broken into last week and a knife was left on his bed. If true, it would seem that this may be a bit more than just a robbery gone wrong.

I read the same thing and had the same thought.

RIP, sad story. :D