[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor dies

satelliteoflovegm

Simple enough, a young man died and that will affect a number of family members, friends, team mates and so on. No reason to throw dirt on something which is already a tragedy. I hope he finds peace now as should all who die so young and senselessly.

Your absolutley right DMD, sorry for posting that here. I just feel so pissed about the whole thing and sickens me so. I appologize for letting my feelings come out on a thread that should be about paying respects.

I appologize.............

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty but you can find that yourself with little effort and FYI CNN, only reports important things..................

I can't find them. Did you make the frequency up for effect?

Edited by godtomsatan

Your absolutley right DMD, sorry for posting that here. I just feel so pissed about the whole thing and sickens me so. I appologize for letting my feelings come out on a thread that should be about paying respects.

Understood. Hopefully most others can understand that we say things because we momentarily cannot keep our emotions in check. People may have a problem with what you said, but it's how you feel and far crazier things have been said here in the Taigate. Just not the appropriate time or place. :D

Edited by TDFFFreak

Hence the reason I started the other thread. There's a proper place for everything. :D

I can't find them. Did you make the frequency up for effect?

You don't want to find them and they don't want you to either, ever thought of that. Your not looking in the right places as you are well trained.

and that is all i will have to say on this matter today.................................

You don't want to find them and they don't want you to either, ever thought of that. Your not looking in the right places as you are well trained.

and that is all i will have to say on this matter today.................................

Kudos for admitting you made it up. :D

Edited by godtomsatan

I heard on Mike and Mike this morning that one of the Skins players said if the players were to hold a vote for Redskins Mayor Taylor would have finished top 3..It just shows what his teamates thought of him. Its a sad day for his family and friends and the whole Redskins organization and fanbase..

Unlike many other professions in pro sports the sad reality is in a terrible situation like this is the show must go on..I dont know how they could possibly be focused after this tragedy but I will say the age and experience of Gibbs will be very useful to this team in these tough times.

That's funny.....I heard on a famous NY radio station that he didn't even talk to his teammates

According to another source (skins messageboard), Portis is planning on changing his number to #21, not sure if just for this game or the rest of the year.

If so, great gesture. Those Miami boys are extremely tight, and Taylor was like CP's younger brother. :D

$20 says the NFL won't allow it. If they wouldn't let Peyton Manning wear black high tops to honor Unitas, or let Marshall Faulk wear #34 to honor Walter Payton, there is no way they allow Portis to do this.

$20 says the NFL won't allow it. If they wouldn't let Peyton Manning wear black high tops to honor Unitas, or let Marshall Faulk wear #34 to honor Walter Payton, there is no way they allow Portis to do this.

I have always wondered about this.

What if Portis goes ahead and wears #21?

• Can the NFL stop him from going out on the field?

• Fine him after the fact?

• Suspend him for a game?

• Fine the team?

• ???

I have always wondered about this.

What if Portis goes ahead and wears #21?

• Can the NFL stop him from going out on the field?

• Fine him after the fact?

• Suspend him for a game?

• Fine the team?

• ???

I suspect the NFL would (at minimum) fine Portis, Gibbs, and the 'Skins organization.

And that's pretty sad. These fellas lost a teammate and friend. I would say letting them show support for their fallen friend wouldnt be such a bad thing...

really crazy

bout a month ago when the skins came to gillette...i brought a good friend of mine who is a diehard skins fan and had never seen them play in person...he wore his sean taylor jersey who was his favorite player...so i sit in the corner endzone, 23 rows from the field....so we ventured down to the first row down by the goalpost....and taylor is pumping up some of his teammates...and playing to the crowd...he comes over..and the patriots fans are booing and talking trash...and hes head nodding...comes over and gives my boy a dap....ill tell ya...the kid wouldnt stop talking about it all day...even for a week or so after....taylor was so gifted...and i knew he was such a special player that i focused on just watching him several times

vince wilfork was on weei very early this morning...and wasnt even aware of taylors passing until one of the hosts offered him condolonces...he broke down..ill tell you what..their is a special bond amongst kids that play at the U that is unmatched...i know they used to come out to "we are family" at home games...not sure if they still do...but thats no joke...they really mean it down there....

What an unbelievable tragedy this is. It really makes me sad. :D By all reports from his coaches and teammates, this was a young man who was really turning his life around, which isn't easy to do, and then this happens. Leaving a young daughter behind as well. What a shame.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Taylor..........

Anyone who wants to use my avatar, just copy this link into the avatar section:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/mat...SeanTaylor2.gif

That's funny.....I heard on a famous NY radio station that he didn't even talk to his teammates

I heard Gibbs on the radio this morning ( not live) say that Taylor was voted on to the team leadership committee which regularly meets with Gibbs as the players voice for direction suggestions for the better of the team

IIRC< Peytons had to do with the Colts specifically had white shoes as part of their uniform and this would have been breaking the uniform code (kinda ticky-tacky, I know). But I don't see why the league wouldn't allow a player to switch jersey numbers if it was team approved and done in plenty of time before the game.

IIRC< Peytons had to do with the Colts specifically had white shoes as part of their uniform and this would have been breaking the uniform code (kinda ticky-tacky, I know). But I don't see why the league wouldn't allow a player to switch jersey numbers if it was team approved and done in plenty of time before the game.

Particularly to what looks like a legal number.