[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone going to a bowl game/

theeohiostate

Sorry, OSU just isn't that great, this team comes thru the SEC, Pac 10 or Big 12 with 2-3 losses witthout question IMO.

So did LSU, USC, Georgia and OU..............they all had 2 losses. So OSU playing the same schedule in your words could have done the same. That doesn't make them weak, it makes then as equal as anyone else

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did LSU, USC, Georgia and OU..............they all had 2 losses. So OSU playing the same schedule in your words could have done the same. That doesn't make them weak, it makes then as equal as anyone else

yeah fine- just sick of the whole system- I will be the first to admit- the Pac 10 was down during USC's 2-3 year run, but USC proved themselves out of conference, and when it counted in their bowl games. I don't think there is any question the Big 10 is down this year , and the reality is, it is just an uneven playing field conference to conference, year to year. The only way to prove it is on the field.

We will see with OSU- I will just $$ide with the team who has been thru tough games during the year- and throttled VT in a quality NC game-

we shall see :D

pretty funny- on First and 10 - Forde and 2 others all had different NC mathchups........

involving LSU/OSU/USC and OKL

..............while LSU is 0-2 agaist teams outside the top 50 and OSU in undefeated :D

So which rankings are you using today? :D

Latest Colley's Un-Bias Free Matrix Rankings

LSU 4-0

tOSU 0-1

Top 25—Dec 2

1. LSU

2. VA TECH

3. GEORGIA

4. MISSOURI

5. OHIO STATE

6. WEST VIRGINIA

7. FLORIDA

8. OKLAHOMA

9. ARIZONA ST

10. KANSAS

11. BOSTON COLLEGE

12. SOUTHERN CAL

13. S FLORIDA

14. HAWAI`I

15. CLEMSON

16. BRIGHAM YOUNG

17. TENNESSEE

18. VIRGINIA

19. ILLINOIS

20. CINCY

21. OREGON

22. TEXAS

23. UCONN

24. AUBURN

25. OREGON ST

Edited by Rockerbraves

I don't see Ky or Ar-Kansas on those rankings.

Re-read my post for better clarification

LSU 4-0

tOSU 0-1

Top 25—Dec 2

1. LSU

2. VA TECH

3. GEORGIA

4. MISSOURI

5. OHIO STATE

6. WEST VIRGINIA

7. FLORIDA

8. OKLAHOMA

9. ARIZONA ST

10. KANSAS

11. BOSTON COLLEGE

12. SOUTHERN CAL

13. S FLORIDA

14. HAWAI`I

15. CLEMSON

16. BRIGHAM YOUNG

17. TENNESSEE

18. VIRGINIA

19. ILLINOIS

20. CINCY

21. OREGON

22. TEXAS

23. UCONN

24. AUBURN

25. OREGON ST

LSU 4-0

tOSU 0-1

Top 25—Dec 2

1. LSU

2. VA TECH

3. GEORGIA

4. MISSOURI

5. OHIO STATE

6. WEST VIRGINIA

7. FLORIDA

8. OKLAHOMA

9. ARIZONA ST

10. KANSAS

11. BOSTON COLLEGE

12. SOUTHERN CAL

13. S FLORIDA

14. HAWAI`I

15. CLEMSON

16. BRIGHAM YOUNG

17. TENNESSEE

18. VIRGINIA

19. ILLINOIS

20. CINCY

21. OREGON

22. TEXAS

23. UCONN

24. AUBURN

25. OREGON ST

OU just dismantled Missouri and have beaten them twice, yet these rankings have Missouri ahead of OU. These are the worst out there.

All that means is that your team matches up well with Missouri. If you go back and look at these rankings throughout the year they don't always agree with the human polls, but their claim is that by season's end it's pretty close. Both Missouri and Oklahoma have one more chance to impress the un-bias computers.

All that means is that your team matches up well with Missouri. If you go back and look at these rankings throughout the year they don't always agree with the human polls, but their claim is that by season's end it's pretty close. Both Missouri and Oklahoma have one more chance to impress the un-bias computers.

Get over yourself and this dumbass statement, you elect to cite as much as "fear th cap"

Those polls are as bias as the coaches polls and to thing otherwise is foolish and toolish...............and you rocker are both.

Get over yourself and this dumbass statement, you elect to cite as much as "fear th cap"

Those polls are as bias as the coaches polls and to thing otherwise is foolish and toolish...............and you rocker are both.

No joke. LSU is as big a fraud as Rocker/. This yrs NC game will be as big a fraud as any ever in college football.

No joke. LSU is as big a fraud as Rocker/. This yrs NC game will be as big a fraud as any ever in college football.

When we beat up on LSU and USC beats up on Illinois, you won't hear me crying about a possible split National Championship.

It'll end up being OSU-USC-OU as the top 3 at season's end polls. I'm hoping USC hammers on Illinois and OSU wins by 3, forcing a split title.

Thanks for the props there ohio, but thanks to the Rose bowl jerks, USC has no shot at splitting the title. Since we'll get no love for pounding a #13 IL, while the Rose turned up its nose at Mizzou, KS and WVU. Crazy.

And how on earth is VT ranked ahead of USC at #5? Did you know that VT lost by more points in one game (41) than USC has lost by in the last six seasons ombined (30)??? Yep - USC has lost by a grand total of 30 points in six years, VT lost by 41 in a single game this year. It's almost incomprehensible.

Let's see: their 'oops game' was the one vs. BC, where they lost in the last minute to an inferior team. Similarly, USC lost by a point to an inferior team when the coach stubbornly watched his injured QB throw 4 picks. The 'we got overwhelmed loss' for VT would be vs. LSU of course, while USC got overwhelmed by the Ducks in Autzen with Booty still out. But USC lost by 7, and VaTech by 41.

Voters are stoopid.....

This just made me hate the Big10 commish jerkoff even more. You can bet your ass he was busy telling the Rose folks all night Saturday/all morning Sunday: 'Ya know, since our #1 OSU is going to The Big Easy, and the Hawaii win knocks your #2 ASU out anyway, (as much as you know we love your Sun Devils,) now you have to take our #2 IL. Ya I know, they're only #13 and you've got #7 Mizzou to take too, but outta respect for our long-time friendship, we expect you to make the right call.'

Yep, that was how it went for sure. I really want to punch that punk in the neck......

Thanks for the props there ohio, but thanks to the Rose bowl jerks, USC has no shot at splitting the title. Since we'll get no love for pounding a #13 IL, while the Rose turned up its nose at Mizzou, KS and WVU. Crazy.

And how on earth is VT ranked ahead of USC at #5? Did you know that VT lost by more points in one game (41) than USC has lost by in the last six seasons ombined (30)??? Yep - USC has lost by a grand total of 30 points in six years, VT lost by 41 in a single game this year. It's almost incomprehensible.

Let's see: their 'oops game' was the one vs. BC, where they lost in the last minute to an inferior team. Similarly, USC lost by a point to an inferior team when the coach stubbornly watched his injured QB throw 4 picks. The 'we got overwhelmed loss' for VT would be vs. LSU of course, while USC got overwhelmed by the Ducks in Autzen with Booty still out. But USC lost by 7, and VaTech by 41.

Voters are stoopid.....

The truth may hurt abit here, but USC lost IMO was worse than Virginia Tech's loss. Granted Virginia Tech's was a blowout but it was on the road against the #2 rated team. You should know the Stanford loss was the only thing that kept you out. You have to admit it was a pretty bad loss. Virginia Tech's only other loss came against #14 BC at home but they did redeem themselves with a win against BC this past weekend while USC's other loss came against a currently unranked team.

This just made me hate the Big10 commish jerkoff even more. You can bet your ass he was busy telling the Rose folks all night Saturday/all morning Sunday: 'Ya know, since our #1 OSU is going to The Big Easy, and the Hawaii win knocks your #2 ASU out anyway, (as much as you know we love your Sun Devils,) now you have to take our #2 IL. Ya I know, they're only #13 and you've got #7 Mizzou to take too, but outta respect for our long-time friendship, we expect you to make the right call.'

Yep, that was how it went for sure. I really want to punch that punk in the neck......

You're gonna blame that on the big ten commissioner? The Rose Bowl has a long history with the Big Ten, and this isn't a surprise to ANYONE, and least of all you (A Pac 10 guy that should know the meaning of tradition, or has this new BCS age somehow make tradition meaningless to the Trojans?). The truth is, USC was going to have a weak opponent regardless. This is the Rose Bowls doing, they love the Big Ten-Pac 10 match up, and you should know that.

The truth may hurt abit here, but USC lost IMO was worse than Virginia Tech's loss. Granted Virginia Tech's was a blowout but it was on the road against the #2 rated team. You should know the Stanford loss was the only thing that kept you out. You have to admit it was a pretty bad loss. Virginia Tech's only other loss came against #14 BC at home but they did redeem themselves with a win against BC this past weekend while USC's other loss came against a currently unranked team.

Its still just your opinion, but I suppose a lot of people would agree. Yep, 41 points vs. 7 points is still a better loss somehow. Nope, still sounds funny to me. But I've been wrong before.....

How can you make this comment about the Bucks and not echo it for LSU. Both teams won their respective conferences. Both teams lost their 2nd to last game, and both won their last game of the season. To suggest OSU backdoored anything, without conceeding the same point for any other team that may have made the game is off base and a bias opinon without substance.

The only teams that finished the season in solid fashion without dumping a game in the last 3 weeks is Georgia, and they can't be considered as they didn't even win the SEC.

Because LSU at least won their conference championship game. OSU sat on their fat asses and watched other teams drop like flies.

Ohio State won their conference too. They just happened to do it before everyone else. It doesn't matter, they are tooo slow to handle LSU.

Yes after the regular season was over they were the conference champs ... passive champions. They did not have to play a conference championship like real teams do.

Yes after the regular season was over they were the conference champs ... passive champions. They did not have to play a conference championship like real teams do.

Big Ten Champs. End of story. You want the Big Ten to play a championship game, get your 3 friends and petition the NCAA to CHANGE THE RULE. Watch a game.

So any conference that doesn't have a conference championship doesn't have any "real" teams? :D

That makes a lot of sense.

Big Ten Champs. End of story. You want the Big Ten to play a championship game, get your 3 friends and petition the NCAA to CHANGE THE RULE. Watch a game.

Yes I understand how the Big Ten doesn't want to risk playing a championship game so that their "champ" has a chance to back door their way into a BCS game.

Yes I understand how the Big Ten doesn't want to risk playing a championship game so that their "champ" has a chance to back door their way into a BCS game.

Make your little posters, and get your 3 friends, and go stand out of someones office and protest then. Let your voice be heard, that you want the NCAA to change the rule and have conferences that don't have enough teams, have championship games too.