[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Right to Bear Arms

DemonKnight

Well, for your sake, I hope you never get into a scuffle with someone with a concealed weapons permit who decides you are a threat to his life. This is a slippery slope toward the wild west.

Perhaps we'd be better off if everyone approached a potential "scuffle" with the thought in the back of their mind that it may result in them getting shot!

For your sake, I hope you never get chased down and blocked in by guys with knifes who think your driving sucks.

That's what he gets for driving a weak electric car. Should've gotten Da Vette and they wouldn't be able to catch ya. :D

They have knifes who's to say they don't have guns too. I'm not taking any chances.

If I don't have a gun I'll try run their asses over. F'em.

I'm not saying he should have pulled gingerlly away trying his best not to squash thier widdle toesys. But the one dude was shot in the back for crying out loud.

For your sake, I hope you never get chased down and blocked in by guys with knifes who think your driving sucks.

Dude, everything is going to be o.k. because he called the cops! :D God forbid that anyone ever finds themselves in that situation with their family in the car!

For your sake, I hope you never get chased down and blocked in by guys with knives who think your driving sucks.

Fixed. =)

I know everyone is going to argue just to sound like big shot, gun totin, bad asses. But you have to think about where laws like this lead.

Perhaps we'd be better off if everyone approached a potential "scuffle" with the thought in the back of their mind that it may result in them getting shot!

Perhaps we'd all be better off if everyone had a gun and things that could have been solved with a little fistacuffs are now won and lost by who can draw thier weapons first.

I might have acted different. Maybe not. Its impossible to say unless you've been there. But you can't fault the guy for defending himself.

Charging the attackers with murder isn't all that strange. DAs frequently go for the highest possible offense, then plea down or try a lesser included offense later on. You typically hear of these kinds of criminal charges being brought when someone robs a bank or store, and one of the other robbers gets shot and killed in the process. The theory is, you elected to enter into a criminal act and someone got killed because of it. Is it really that far fetched to attribute legal responsibility for that death, which would not have occurred but for the underlying crime, on those who elected to commit that underlying crime in the first place?

Edited by yo mama

Wow... what a sissy pansy ass... two guys are kicking your doors, screaming nig at you waiving knives demanding you get outa your car, and all you want to do it call the police on a cell phone?

This is almost as bad as hiding your family under the bed and telling home intruders you know karate.

Wow... what a sissy pansy ass... two guys are kicking your doors, screaming nig at you waiving knives demanding you get outa your car, and all you want to do it call the police on a cell phone?

This is almost as bad as hiding your family under the bed and telling home intruders you know karate.

I think you should have to explain your actions to a jury and face the consequenses of acting rash in a situation like this. With witness corroberation. For there not to even be a trial on this is just doesnt seem right. They are just going to take this guys word for it that this is how it went down?

Do you also believe this should be considered a hate crime? Should the guy be charged with his biddies death when his buddy also chose to get himself in this situation? I probably wouldnt have thought twice about this story if it wasnt for those two facts.

Chump.

Edited by DemonKnight

All the while the I am on the phone with 911 and the cops are closing in. :D

Have you ever been in a situation where you needed the cops immediately and had to call 911? I've been in a serious accident before on a major highway & it took nearly 20 minutes for the cops to get there and another 15 or so for the ambulance. In that amount of time someone could easily bust out my window, stab me, get back in their vehicle and be long gone.

Well, for your sake, I hope you never get into a scuffle with someone with a concealed weapons permit who decides you are a threat to his life. This is a slippery slope toward the wild west.
I would never go after someone with a knife. I would never go after someone for that matter unless it was in self defense or defense of my family. If I did then I would deserve whatever I got just like these guys did.

I'm not saying he should have pulled gingerlly away trying his best not to squash thier widdle toesys. But the one dude was shot in the back for crying out loud.
What's to say he wasn't going back to his vehicle to get his own gun? The guy had already made an attempt to do him great bodily hard & possibly kill him. Then you kill his friend, do you think he's just going to run away if he has a gun of his own?

All I'm saying is that this guy shouldnt have the power to be judge, jury and executioner. He should have to present this evidence in front of a judge and jury and let them decide.

He could have avoided the whole mess by not driving like an El Guapo. But he didnt care, he had a gun and the law on his side.

Only scuffles I'll ever be apart of are the ones involving me defending myself or family from attackers. In which case I will respond with overwhelming force and leave nothing to chance.

All I'm saying is that this guy shouldnt have the power to be judge, jury and executioner. He should have to present this evidence in front of a judge and jury and let them decide.

He could have avoided the whole mess by not driving like an El Guapo. But he didnt care, he had a gun and the law on his side.

Dk, it could have been something as simple as him driving too slow in the left lane... When your life is in danger then you darn well should have the right to defend it with deadly force and if the DA deems that he shot them in self defense then he should not have to answer to a jury as well.. That's the whole point of being able to carry a weapon.

But he didnt care, he had a gun

This is the only semi-valid question I really see here. That being, how did the fact that he had a gun affect his decision making. Certainly if he hadn't had one and he saw men approaching with knives he would have tried something else first. I don't think he's obligated to do that and you could even argue as many have that could put even more people in danger.

What we don't know is if the guy brandished the gun to try to get the guys to back down or just pulled it out and started firing away. Even if he didn't seek alternatives he was well within his right to defend himself - hate crime or not - so what's the point of putting him on trial?

Dk, it could have been something as simple as him driving too slow in the left lane... When your life is in danger then you darn well should have the right to defend it with deadly force and if the DA deems that he shot them in self defense then he should not have to answer to a jury as well.. That's the whole point of being able to carry a weapon.

OR it could have been two racist bastards that saw a black dude driving down the road and decide to F' with him! Guy gets mad and gives them the bird and the game is on... I have no clue what makes people bigger El Guapos when in their car than in normal life, but I think we are all guilty of it.

Then it is completely justified. :D