[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer help needed

rajncajn

How do I tell if my PC is running on 32 or 64 bit? I am trying to install the latest version of Setpoint for my mouse and there are two separate downloads. My processor says it supports 64, but when I try to install 64 it says it's not compatible. If I'm running my PC at 32 how do I switch to 64 if the CPU supports it?

How do I tell if my PC is running on 32 or 64 bit? I am trying to install the latest version of Setpoint for my mouse and there are two separate downloads. My processor says it supports 64, but when I try to install 64 it says it's not compatible. If I'm running my PC at 32 how do I switch to 64 if the CPU supports it?

You either have a 32 bit or 64 bit processor. In your case, I guarantee it's a 32 bit processor. The motherboard may support a 64 bit processor, but I think all of the Intel CPUs are 32 bit.

You either have a 32 bit or 64 bit processor. In your case, I guarantee it's a 32 bit processor. The motherboard may support a 64 bit processor, but I think all of the Intel CPUs are 32 bit.

Hmmm...after reading a bit I was under the impression that while my processor supports 64 bit it's my OS that determines what I'm running. I can't find anywhere on my system where it tells me what I'm actually running. I've already tried the dxdiag & by checking my system properties. I've also checked online for 64 bit versions of XP Pro & while they are available they seem very obscure. Given that I'm assuming I'm running 32, but does that mean I'm dumbing down my system by doing this?

Hmmm...after reading a bit I was under the impression that while my processor supports 64 bit it's my OS that determines what I'm running. I can't find anywhere on my system where it tells me what I'm actually running. I've already tried the dxdiag & by checking my system properties. I've also checked online for 64 bit versions of XP Pro & while they are available they seem very obscure. Given that I'm assuming I'm running 32, but does that mean I'm dumbing down my system by doing this?

Unless I missed something, you're not "dumbing down" anything. It looks to be a case of - "it is what it is".

You need to be running a 64 bit OS, as it seems you've figured out. You definitely have the hardware to run a 64 bit OS, but yer PC is not running a 64 bit OS, and I doubt it's worth the upgrade to run mouse software. :D

Edited by Hitman

You need to be running a 64 bit OS, as it seems you've figured out. You definitely have the hardware to run a 64 bit OS, but yer PC is not running a 64 bit OS, and I doubt it's worth the upgrade to run mouse software. :wacko:

:D:D

:D:D

:wacko: OK....to seriously answer yer question. No. No reason to install a 64 bit OS right now. There just aren't that many apps that actually utilize 64 bit right now. (At least that I think you'd ever use) As H8 said, your PC runs 32 bit XP fast as hell right now....stay with what ya got...and get a different mouse. :D

Edited by Hitman

Dude, 99.9% of all OS are 32bit, download that one.

You probably have 64bit hardware, it is running 32bit windows, and it runs it fast as schit.

Now go buy a mac and run linux on it before the computer tards run in here and scream at you.

:D OK....to seriously answer yer question. No. No reason to install a 64 bit OS right now. There just aren't that many apps that actually utilize 64 bit right now. (At least that I think you'd ever use) As H8 said, your PC runs 32 bit XP fast as hell right now....stay with what ya got...and get a different mouse. :wacko:

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure I was running what I needed on the hardware I have installed. BTW... the mouse is working great. :D

Dude, 99.9% of all OS are 32bit, download that one.

You probably have 64bit hardware, it is running 32bit windows, and it runs it fast as schit.

Now go buy a mac and run linux on it before the computer tards run in here and scream at you.

Why would you want to do that when OS X is already a 64 bit OS? Just buy the mac and go :D