[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your guiltiest musical pleasure

SheikYerbuti

However, in terms of a guilty pleasure album, it's Elton John Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. :D

:D Nah, that's just a damn good album. Though minus points for starting the whole "(insert artist here) releases an album where s/he's backed by a symphony orchestra!" - very few of which are worth a plugged nickel.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the thread comes full circle. . .he does a really great job with the song, as usual.

I started searching for live clips of his. He also does Tiny Dancer.

Cool clip here:

Frusciante, Mayer and Derek Trucks jamming. Man, Derek Trucks is just sick. Anyone who thinks the Alman Bros aren't still worth going to see live are sorely mistaken.

I started searching for live clips of his. He also does Tiny Dancer.

Cool clip here:

Frusciante, Mayer and Derek Trucks jamming. Man, Derek Trucks is just sick. Anyone who thinks the Alman Bros aren't still worth going to see live are sorely mistaken.

I'm especially fond of his covers of "For Emily Wherever I May Find Her" and David Bowie's "Modern Love". . .both awesome.

Man, half the bands you all are mentioning I have never even heard of. I have been out of touch for the music lover that I am. Probably because my old PC wasn't capable of watching videos or playing music. I don't have an iPod yet, but am burnign CDs for the first time. Here's a couple I'll probably get a few laughs over:

Silver Springs- Fleetwood Mac Corny song but I love the chorus and the ending

This one goes back to 1970:

The Rapper- The Jaggerz A line in the sng that makes me laugh my ass off: "come up to my place, for some coffee, or tea, or me"

"Rap a rap a rap they call me the rapper"

Pictures of Matchstick Men- Status Quo

Green Tambourine- Lemon Pipers

All you young bucks probably won't even know these songs, but guys like RnR and Sky would understand. I had 6 older brothers and sisters and remember these well. I'm putting together an oldie CD and these will be on it. :D

Not being an Allman Bros. fan, I wasn't familiar with the name. Did some listening over the last few hours, and all I can say is

Yea....

Not sure where the guilty pleasure in that is though.....are we just talking bout bad ass musicians now?

Because my links above would have been very different. :D

Edited by bushwacked

Yea....

Not sure where the guilty pleasure in that is though.....are we just talking bout bad ass musicians now?

Because my links above would have been very different. :D

OK, sorry. . .to get back on track BIG TIME, here's a song that's actually on my iPod:

Charlene's "Never Been to Me"

Top THAT! :D

I usually trash ghey emo bands like alexgaddis' :D but man I cannot get enough of Death Cab For Cutie's Soul Meets Body. Just saw a replay of them on SNL doing that song and I just love it. My wife's like "what the hell is this crap?". So by that, I assume it is a guilty pleasure worthy of a :D

I usually trash ghey emo bands like alexgaddis' :D but man I cannot get enough of Death Cab For Cutie's Soul Meets Body. Just saw a replay of them on SNL doing that song and I just love it. My wife's like "what the hell is this crap?". So by that, I assume it is a guilty pleasure worthy of a :D

Not sure where they are at....I Will Follow you into the dark song is better than Soul Meets Body though....

Went to school with Ben Gibbard, good friends with Harmer's brother....saw them play all the time around here in small bars and record stores when they were nobody....still haven't figured out how they became likable. Great songwriting and musicianship.....just not what I want to hear.

Not sure where they are at....I Will Follow you into the dark song is better than Soul Meets Body though....

Went to school with Ben Gibbard, good friends with Harmer's brother....saw them play all the time around here in small bars and record stores when they were nobody....still haven't figured out how they became likable. Great songwriting and musicianship.....just not what I want to hear.

That's cool. I figured they were from up there.

But as for that song, it's too slow for my taste. That just accentuates the emo-ness, which I try to avoid. Soul Meets Body is catchy as heck and the chord progressions (especially the bassline) are awesome.

I was listening to some April Wine on the way back from up north today; those guys and Foghat are the only music I own that has me even the slightest bit :D - everyone else I will go to the mat for (yes, even ABBA).