[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Champagne makes me ill

Front Row

Shouldn't have had the Champagne or the 22 Heinekens for that matter. The SuperBowl, really any thing for that matter, is much more enjoyable to watch from sitting on the couch versus listening to from the toilet. :D

Honest question here as since I haven't experienced it I really don't know (please avoid the insane craving to bash me and try to answer honestly)...

Other than having a problem (being an alcoholic-which in some cases people are in denial) Why drink to the point that you're sick to your stomach and can't function? :wacko: Peer pressure? Enjoy the taste? Just because? It's what you do at parties?

It's kind of similar to hanging around in a place where no one likes you.

Well that would be stupid wouldn't it... I mean I like you Wacky Bush.

You just couldn't find it in you to answer the question like a grown man could you? :wacko:

Edited by irish

Shouldn't have had the Champagne or the 22 Heinekens for that matter. The SuperBowl, really any thing for that matter, is much more enjoyable to watch from sitting on the couch versus listening to from the toilet. :D

Honest question here as since I haven't experienced it I really don't know (please avoid the insane craving to bash me and try to answer honestly)...

Other than having a problem (being an alcoholic-which in some cases people are in denial) Why drink to the point that you're sick to your stomach and can't function? :wacko: Peer pressure? Enjoy the taste? Just because? It's what you do at parties?

Despite the fact that you took a holier-than-thou stance right out the gate, I'll assume that your question is not intended to bait.

Besides being predisposed to being an idiot, one can get to sickness a variety of ways. Well, they start off different but typically merge at one point.

#1) Many alcoholic drinks are really tasty. So, you start off having a few pops and they just really taste great/ go down easy and the next thing, you start getting a bit toasted. RIP goes your judgement, so you start drinking more. Next thing you know, you're wasted. Keep in mind, unless you're young and stupid, getting to the point of being sick and unable to function at all happens quite rarely. Nearly always, you simply get to a very happy/sleepy state and the worst thing that happens is you snore really loudly so your wife makes you sleep on the couch (unless of course you're so out of it, she can't wake you and gets up herself).

#2) You're having a really bad day and have a few pops. They really taste great and go down easy and the next thing you know...

#3) Well, regardless of why you have your first few, the theme tends to be the same.

Though this is not covered in the "Only idiots drink handbook to being a oil and vinegar", as rarely as most reasonable adults get wasted, they're almost as unlikely to even get quite buzzed. I drink nearly every day. On some levels, I'm a professional drinker. What that means typically, is the equivalent of 1-2 glass of wine or beers. Which does little more than make sure my heart is healthy.

Edit to add: Memo to language filter guys: I believe you are looking for vinegar and water here, not oil and vinegar. We are not talking salad dressing, rather feminine products.

Edited by detlef

It's called the "happy feelin". When you drink a few you start feeling good and the happy feeling kicks in and says, "we're having so much fun, so let's add some tequila to the mix". So you start drinking tequila on top of the brews. Pretty soon you're sh*t-faced enough but you still hear the Happy Feeling saying, "we're wobbling a little, but we're still having a blast. Let's stay for a few more". This is usually the point where you either try and find a ride home for later, or you call a cab. Because if you keep listening to Happy Feeling, pretty soon you won't even remember your name let alone how to get home. After you're thoroughly wasted, Happy Feeling decides to crash leaving you stranded in a bar/party with puke all over your shoes. This is usually the last thing you remember if you even remember that. Next thing ya know, you're waking up in bed with your mouth so f'kin dry you have this hugh lump in your throat. And on your way to the bathroom to puke up the rest of that good time you had is when you wonder, why the hell did I listen to Happy Feeling?" I used to be able to handle this. But now that I'm older it sometimes takes 2 days to recover, unless you do like Twiley and start drinking again when you wake up. That works too, but you may have to puke a few more times to get going. Any other questions?

Other than having a problem (being an alcoholic-which in some cases people are in denial) Why drink to the point that you're sick to your stomach and can't function? think.gif Peer pressure? Enjoy the taste? Just because? It's what you do at parties?

In this instance, superbowl stress may have contributed to having a few to many, but the champagne thing was THE bad move. There were a couple of phins fans present , had to toast to em. Still feeling green....yech..

Must not bash,.... must not.....I'm trying here .

Funny, the wife and I do a champagne toast to the beginning and the end of every football season. The one at the end is usually tough but last nights was really rough. Guinness and Espresso Vodka are not a good warmup for champagne. Unfortunately, I didn't get sick so today I just sat and suffered. :wacko:

Despite the fact that you took a holier-than-thou stance right out the gate, I'll assume that your question is not intended to bait.

Besides being predisposed to being an idiot, one can get to sickness a variety of ways. Well, they start off different but typically merge at one point.

#1) Many alcoholic drinks are really tasty. So, you start off having a few pops and they just really taste great/ go down easy and the next thing, you start getting a bit toasted. RIP goes your judgement, so you start drinking more. Next thing you know, you're wasted. Keep in mind, unless you're young and stupid, getting to the point of being sick and unable to function at all happens quite rarely. Nearly always, you simply get to a very happy/sleepy state and the worst thing that happens is you snore really loudly so your wife makes you sleep on the couch (unless of course you're so out of it, she can't wake you and gets up herself).

#2) You're having a really bad day and have a few pops. They really taste great and go down easy and the next thing you know...

#3) Well, regardless of why you have your first few, the theme tends to be the same.

Though this is not covered in the "Only idiots drink handbook to being a oil and vinegar", as rarely as most reasonable adults get wasted, they're almost as unlikely to even get quite buzzed. I drink nearly every day. On some levels, I'm a professional drinker. What that means typically, is the equivalent of 1-2 glass of wine or beers. Which does little more than make sure my heart is healthy.

Edit to add: Memo to language filter guys: I believe you are looking for vinegar and water here, not oil and vinegar. We are not talking salad dressing, rather feminine products.

It's called the "happy feelin". When you drink a few you start feeling good and the happy feeling kicks in and says, "we're having so much fun, so let's add some tequila to the mix". So you start drinking tequila on top of the brews. Pretty soon you're sh*t-faced enough but you still hear the Happy Feeling saying, "we're wobbling a little, but we're still having a blast. Let's stay for a few more". This is usually the point where you either try and find a ride home for later, or you call a cab. Because if you keep listening to Happy Feeling, pretty soon you won't even remember your name let alone how to get home. After you're thoroughly wasted, Happy Feeling decides to crash leaving you stranded in a bar/party with puke all over your shoes. This is usually the last thing you remember if you even remember that. Next thing ya know, you're waking up in bed with your mouth so f'kin dry you have this hugh lump in your throat. And on your way to the bathroom to puke up the rest of that good time you had is when you wonder, why the hell did I listen to Happy Feeling?" I used to be able to handle this. But now that I'm older it sometimes takes 2 days to recover, unless you do like Twiley and start drinking again when you wake up. That works too, but you may have to puke a few more times to get going. Any other questions?

In this instance, superbowl stress may have contributed to having a few to many, but the champagne thing was THE bad move. There were a couple of phins fans present , had to toast to em. Still feeling green....yech..

Must not bash,.... must not.....I'm trying here .

I want to thank the three of you for sharing your honest answers as I was not baiting anyone with that question. I may have joked a bit first but my intent was to hear your thoughts. I enjoyed them all and for different reasons. I enjoyed FR's because of the reference to toasting with Phin's fans as that reminds me of the Pats losing yesterday even if it was to the G-Men and the fact that stress can lead to more drinks. I enjoyed Jax's as I was able to visualize him going through the stages along with his "Happy Feelings" until he wasn't so happy any more. Detlef's was great cause I felt like I was in class getting an education on "The Variety of Ways One Can Get to Sickness". By the way Det, I also read in my Tuft's University Newsletter that drinking a specified amount of wine (I believe) is very beneficial to the health of your heart and thought it was interesting that you then mentioned it. Your reference to being a professional drinker is also one I'd never heard of before. :wacko:

Your reference to being a professional drinker is also one I'd never heard of before. :wacko:

I wasn't joking. As a part of my job, salesmen come by daily to sample me on different wines, beers, and liquor. One typically spits on days where a lot of reps are scheduled or if attending a show (read: room at a convention hall with dozens of tables each with about a dozen different wines/beers). However, it's pretty hard to spit the really good stuff and, even if you do spit, you catch a tiny buzz by the 20th wine you've tried in a day because you need to swallow just the tiniest bit to see how it finishes.

My god, those into innuendo are going to have a field day with that one.

I used to be able to handle this. But now that I'm older it sometimes takes 2 days to recover, unless you do like Twiley and start drinking again when you wake up. That works too, but you may have to puke a few more times to get going. Any other questions?

:wacko:

For the record, I only do that when I'm on vacation. Any other time I just suffer through the hangover if I'm that bad.

:D

For the record, I only do that when I'm on vacation. Any other time I just suffer through the hangover if I'm that bad.

Might I say that the ass on the pretty lady in your avy is extremely distracting. I haven't read a thing you've posted since her introduction to these boards. :wacko:

Might I say that the ass on the pretty lady in your avy is extremely distracting. I haven't read a thing you've posted since her introduction to these boards. :wacko:

Put on some club music and then look at his avi. . .even better.