[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NE Fans

Timmypg

I just want to know what your thoughts are on him going for it on 4th & 13 rather then trying a 49 yard FG? I thought it was an awful call & I'm wondering if he hasn't made other bad calls but his offense bailed him out?

This might be mentioned somewhere else but there are too many posts for me to look through.

After the fact I can say bad call,especially since the offense wasnt moving the ball well.But he held true to his,I dont like field goals statement from earlier in the year. :wacko:

Even though I liked the results,Brady has to give a reciever a chance to make a play in that situation,not throw it out of bounds.

I just want to know what your thoughts are on him going for it on 4th & 13 rather then trying a 49 yard FG? I thought it was an awful call & I'm wondering if he hasn't made other bad calls but his offense bailed him out?

This might be mentioned somewhere else but there are too many posts for me to look through.

I thought it was an awful call then, and in hind-sight an even worse call. I undersatnd the reasoning behind it; the field position you give the Giants with a miss and all. But it's only 7 yards worse than they gave them anyway, and the alternative was a low % play. Would have much rather seen the FG at that point in the game. You come out of the half, and start to move the ball better than you did most of the entire first half, keep the ball for over 8:00, and come up with nothing because of going for it on 4th and 13? 10-3 with 6:30 to go in the third would have been much better.

I personally didn't mind the call. I thought BB would have went for it, just to put extra pressure on Gost. just to see how he'd handle it, but I dont see anything wrong wit not going for it there. Bill was probably under the mindset of "we'll take all 4 chances to convert" and also, who has honestly stopped them at all this year? I know they weren't moving the ball all that well, but in that spot, Brady has got to make a play.

Edited by LooGie

With fourth and 11, the HC calls for a play rather than trying for the makable FG. The team goes on to lose by three points instead of having a shot in overtime.

That HC... Marty Snottymoronheimer in the Chargers playoff loss last year to the Pats.

BB does the same thing this year and...

they lose by three points rather than take the game into overtime and giving them another shot.

Ohhhhhh, sweet irony! :wacko:

Not a NE fan ... but my thoughts:

Not sure why a "desperation move" like that is required that early in the game, and a close game no less. The call might have been a bit more understandable if the first down yardage required was a bit more manageable than 13 yards too. If you lack faith in Gostkowski at that point the a pooch punt is called for.

Heck ... even a fake punt would have been better than the actual called play.

At the time I thought it was the wrong call, but honestly BB's done enough that I don't get overly upset when I disagree with one of his calls. If they made that FG and all else stayed the same, the Giants would probably have still won in OT. IMO they just wanted it more.