[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paypal

BigMikeinNY

I have been selling things on ebay for about a month now. Doing pretty well actaully.

Today though, after selling a DVD, a buyer has paied for it and on the paypal page it says "Unclaimed". When I click on the section that says unclaim, it says I am getting hit with a fee of about 10%, lowering the amount of how much I actually recieved for this item.

What's up with that?

BigMike

I have been selling things on ebay for about a month now. Doing pretty well actaully.

Today though, after selling a DVD, a buyer has paied for it and on the paypal page it says "Unclaimed". When I click on the section that says unclaim, it says I am getting hit with a fee of about 10%, lowering the amount of how much I actually recieved for this item.

What's up with that?

BigMike

:wacko: You thought PayPal was a free service?

How come this is the first time I have been hit with a fee?

Did you recently upgrade your account to 'premier' from 'basic'? Premier means you allow CC payments too. They charge the same fee once you have a premier account whether the transaction is actually settled with a CC or cash. The fee should be 2.9% of the purchase price + .35, I believe.

Did you recently upgrade your account to 'premier' from 'basic'? Premier means you allow CC payments too. They charge the same fee once you have a premier account whether the transaction is actually settled with a CC or cash. The fee should be 2.9% of the purchase price + .35, I believe.

Do you make the buyer pay the credit card fee?

It is a free service as long as you do not make or accept credit card payments.

not entirely true. Once you transact over a certain amount ($500?) in a month, you have to have a premium account. I am not exactly sure what the amount is but I do know that the hoops pools that I run exceed the amount.

not entirely true. Once you transact over a certain amount ($500?) in a month, you have to have a premium account. I am not exactly sure what the amount is but I do know that the hoops pools that I run exceed the amount.

you beat me to it...they will upgrade your account if you go above a certain limit