[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conservatives

godtomsatan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i call bull shit on this.. no f'n way

I don't know what you're calling bs on...the 50% tax or the $800 a month health insurance. But I can assure you, the $800 is a fact. If you want a good group plan, it's going to cost you. I'm self employed and I know this first hand.

I thought he was calling BS on someone actually paying for it themselves. :wacko:

But I'm still just as confused as you guys are... not sure exactly what was meant there.

I can't say I'm shocked - YC isn't exaclty famous for making sense around here.

Because those who don't have health care can probably stop buying unnecessary goods and instead of being wasteful they could buy health care coverage --

Nothing blindly and stupidly presumptuous to see here ... :wacko:

I worked as an independent contractor for 1 year in between jobs and I carried my own health coverage including dental for myself, wife and 2 children through Blue Cross/Blue Shield and it cost me $1020/month.

EDIT : This was a PPO plan with very low deductibles and co-pay so it may be pricer then what can be gotten.

Edited by SuperCharger

I worked as an independent contractor for 1 year in between jobs and I carried my own health coverage including dental for myself, wife and 2 children through Blue Cross/Blue Shield and it cost me $1020/month.

EDIT : This was a PPO plan with very low deductibles and co-pay so it may be pricer then what can be gotten.

Sounds about right. I had the same type of plan, minus the dental, from Anthem. Only one kid too, sounds like we may have had the same PPO.

Sounds about right. I had the same type of plan, minus the dental, from Anthem. Only one kid too, sounds like we may have had the same PPO.

Add the health cost to your taxes in order to make a proper comparison with countries that have national health care. Oh....and check to see how much it's worth before they stop paying and you have to file for bankruptcy.

Add the health cost to your taxes in order to make a proper comparison with countries that have national health care. Oh....and check to see how much it's worth before they stop paying and you have to file for bankruptcy.

I'll tell you what Ursa, move a few hundred miles north, stay for a year or so, then tell me which system you prefer.

Are you claiming that US health care is less expensive or better or both?

Its hard to make a generalization like that. For someone earning the money I do, its certainly less expensive and better.

Of course here I am comparing the CDN and US systems while living in Manila. Ironic.

A) My IRA has doubled, had a wonderful addition to our family, our son, and created him a college fund and one for his high school education, and did some hunting and fishing. Oh I am also buying a new home and selling my old one. Bought my wife a car. Red Sox won! LSU won! Productive year for this conservative.

On a national level I applaud the conservatives in Congress and throughout our government for not allowing the liberal party to wreck the country anymore than they have... :wacko:

God bless our troops. :D

A) My IRA has doubled, had a wonderful addition to our family, our son, and created him a college fund and one for his high school education, and did some hunting and fishing. Oh I am also buying a new home and selling my old one. Bought my wife a car. Red Sox won! LSU won! Productive year for this conservative.

On a national level I applaud the conservatives in Congress and throughout our government for not allowing the liberal party to wreck the country anymore than they have... :guns:

God bless our troops. :brew:

:wacko::D :D :moon::brow:

balla got some new Josh Gordon

On a national level I applaud the conservatives in Congress and throughout our government for not allowing the liberal party to wreck the country anymore than they have... :wacko:

Are you aware that conservatives controlled Congress between 1994 and 2006 and the White House since 2000? Methinks you aren't because it doesn't strike me that "conservatives" pay any attention to anything going on around them. Either by choice or because it slips their grasp. Evidence provided by Bob Dole.

Another valid question to ask may be, "What have the Dems done since taking control of both houses of congress - besides run for president?" I'm as pissed at Bush and Co. as the next guy, but it's plain to see that stumping that regained Dems the House and Senate was complete garbage. Both parties suck and the system they have a stranglehold on is broken. Yet, we're all on the edge of out seats to watch the grand spectacle of this race to decide who will serve up more of the same.

We are all insane. :wacko:

Another valid question to ask may be, "What have the Dems done since taking control of both houses of congress - besides run for president?" I'm as pissed at Bush and Co. as the next guy, but it's plain to see that stumping that regained Dems the House and Senate was complete garbage. Both parties suck and the system they have a stranglehold on is broken. Yet, we're all on the edge of out seats to watch the grand spectacle of this race to decide who will serve up more of the same.

We are all insane. :wacko:

In their defense, it is hard to get any legislation passed when a guy who lost the veto pen all of a sudden found it 6 years later. I am waiting for a President who can perform his/her duties for the whole country....not just the slim majority that voted them in. They still have to represent the other half. Congress on the other hand has to represent their districts or states.

wake up people. gdub just proposed a 3.1 trillion budget that calls for massive spending to continue the iraq war effort. mccain wants to stay there until we turn them into a functioning democracy, which will be never. why is there no outrage over this dumping of money down the toilet? why do you get more worked up about the idea of providing health care to our own citizens who can't afford it? how bassackwards can you be?

I am waiting for a President who can perform his/her duties for the whole country....not just the slim majority that voted them in. They still have to represent the other half. Congress on the other hand has to represent their districts or states.

Don't hold your breath.

every thing u say retardo boy

That's mature, but again, I am not shocked. Never have I seen you add anything of value to any discussion on this board.

Go fire up the bong, get stoned, and steal some Jesus fish from the neighbor's cars, that sounds like something you'd be good at.

Another valid question to ask may be, "What have the Dems done since taking control of both houses of congress - besides run for president?" I'm as pissed at Bush and Co. as the next guy, but it's plain to see that stumping that regained Dems the House and Senate was complete garbage.

Bush, after setting a record for the longest period without a single veto, has vetoed 8 democratic bills in the last year.

If you worked at a job where every piece of work you did was torn up by your boss, and you knew he was getting fired in a month... would you keep turning in assignments to him?

wake up people. gdub just proposed a 3.1 trillion budget that calls for massive spending to continue the iraq war effort. mccain wants to stay there until we turn them into a functioning democracy, which will be never. why is there no outrage over this dumping of money down the toilet? why do you get more worked up about the idea of providing health care to our own citizens who can't afford it? how bassackwards can you be?

Don't be misguided my young Jedi. The budget doesn't include the dollars for Iraq. All budgets passed so far haven't included spending for Iraq. All the spending for Iraq is done off budget...which is technically a no no....and being funded by loans from RED CHINA. Anyway, now you know so you can be a little more pissed off!!!!