[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaq traded!

polksalet

As a Heat fan, I am thrilled (and shocked) that they were able to get find another team to take his contract! While I still think the trade for him was good - it did win the Heat a championship - there's no way he's worth $20 million per the next few years. Hopefully they'll continue to stink this and land the #1 pick to get Beasley..

Not sure how exactly this makes the Suns better, though Shaq should be throughly PO-ed and motivated to win another ring now.

Edited by Jo

If Shaq steps it up a little, I don't think it's a terrible trade. The salaries are a wash and now Amare can play the 4. Those 2 guys down low could open it up for Nash and the rest of their shooters.

I mean it's not like the current plan has been working. Now they go into the playoffs with a big man who may not be a run and gun guy, but has a huge presence on the court and can still give you a double-double.

If it doesn't work, they'll have cap space in a couple years and can rebuild.

If Shaq steps it up a little, I don't think it's a terrible trade. The salaries are a wash and now Amare can play the 4. Those 2 guys down low could open it up for Nash and the rest of their shooters.

I mean it's not like the current plan has been working. Now they go into the playoffs with a big man who may not be a run and gun guy, but has a huge presence on the court and can still give you a double-double.

If it doesn't work, they'll have cap space in a couple years and can rebuild.

werd - on the surface it looks brutal BUT Marion has had to tell them he was gone, and going to opt out- he is kind of an idyet in HAVING to be "The Man" and his days were numbered in Phx- Marcus Banks? :wacko: one of the worst signings and contracts in the league-

all depends if Shaq can get his fat ass in shape and get motivated- but Phx must be thinking they can make the Boris/G Hill comobo work at the 3 enough to make this work. Definitely a risk but I think Phx needed to mix something up, I don't think they were going to beat SA/LAL/DAL with thier current roster - and with Nash having only 2-3 more good years- the window is closing...........

One of the worst trades I have seen in a very long time. I don't care how miserable Marion was, he was (and is) playing great for Phoenix. Phoenix had a great shot at winning the title this year, but I think they mighta just blew it. Amare and Shaq in the low post? There isn't enough room for those guys on the same court let alone clogging up the same paint. Shaq is gonna take some good shots away from some very good shooter inc. Barbosa and Bell.

Shaq needs to get back in shape. I know he will never return to his Magic days, but the dude got fat. He needs some diet and activity help from guys who stayed in shape at the end of their career including The Admiral and The Mailman.

Miami Heat fans must be lickin their chops

BM

but Phx must be thinking they can make the Boris/G Hill comobo work at the 3 enough to make this work.

I was this close to dropping Diaw in my fantasy league 2 days ago. If this trade goes through he'll have a monster 2nd half.