[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad " I was neglected as a child " Johnson

1st&punt

It wasnt a reporter that got shoved,it was a person from the league's media relations department .I called the reporter whiny for what he wrote(not the person who was shoved),sounded like he got his panties in a bunch.

CJ is just as whiny.Did the whole thing start when the media started blaming him for the losing and dissention and then him retaliating in the media?I dont remember.

CjJ should have kept his mouth closed from the start and he needs to stick to one story...I want out of Cincinnatti and just leave it at that.If they want to fine or suspend him for being mouthy I could understand why,but not for a season.The shoving incident I have only heard from one viewpoint,so Ill keep an open mind on that for the most part and not convict him yet.

Chad Johnson can say everyone blamed him, but no one on that offense took more heat in the media that Carson Palmer. If Chad Johnson wouldn't have the me first mentality than he wouldn't be as scrutinized as he is, which was still less than Palmer took.

The reason I said suspend him for the season is that I think it would start out as an indefinate suspension, but I'm fairly certain Johnson couldn't keep his mouth shut long enough for him to be welcomed back.

As far as the shoving incident goes, unless the other person put his hands on Chad Johnson, 85 has zero excuses. He's in the spotlight, he has to be smarter than that. Then to hear him on NFLN saying that all the great ones run their mouths made it that much worse. I can name a lot of receivers that outplayed him that are not absolute primadonna's. IE Larry Fitzgerald and Reggie Wayne.

As far as the shoving incident goes, unless the other person put his hands on Chad Johnson, 85 has zero excuses. He's in the spotlight, he has to be smarter than that. Then to hear him on NFLN saying that all the great ones run their mouths made it that much worse. I can name a lot of receivers that outplayed him that are not absolute primadonna's. IE Larry Fitzgerald and Reggie Wayne.

It depends on the shove.I get the feeling from the way the article was wrote he didnt much care for Johnson and that why Ill hold judgement.I laughed at the last part too,some of the great ones have ran their mouths,but not all like he is saying and most of the ones that did were and are annoying.

Edited by xtra

Chad Johnson can say everyone blamed him, but no one on that offense took more heat in the media that Carson Palmer. If Chad Johnson wouldn't have the me first mentality than he wouldn't be as scrutinized as he is, which was still less than Palmer took.

Completely disagree with this. Chad took more heat than anyone in 2007 not named Belichick, Vick, or Jones...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Completely disagree with this. Chad took more heat than anyone in 2007 not named Belichick, Vick, or Jones...

Everything about the offensive struggles were attributed to Palmer's interceptions or accuracy. Chad Johnson was only scrutinized because he wouldn't calm down with the "look at me, look at me, please pay attention to me" attitude.

Remember back in the days when the Bengals just plain sucked?

This all sucks now because, despite the unsatisfying last two years, the Bengals really are a better team than they used to be. Injuries to their QB and many of their (average at best) DEF players haven't helped their cause (not an excuse, just saying they areen't good enough to overcome this stuff)

Now we're gonna have a circus again next year, even if they "patch things up". The media is gonna go to Chad for a reaction every freakin' day. It'll be a joke.

I agree, however, that the chances of them cutting him are between 0% and nil.

The chances (IMO) of a trade are between 5 an 10%. Salary cap hit prohibits this, but you wonder if a team with a large cap would offer "cap cash" as well. They'd get a hell of a talented WR (no disputing that). As much as the O would take a step back (the dude is an awesome receiver who spends his life in double coverage), it'd be worth it to just not have to read about it any more.

One other note: This is as much Rosenhaus at work, as it is Chad, I'd bet the ranch on it.

Edited by Bengal Mania