[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad " I was neglected as a child " Johnson

1st&punt

I beleive with the newest events to now surface with ocho shoving a bengal reporter, no doubt . Is really the begining of the icing on the cake, where his words are becoming more pronounced then his actions right now. his comparing of reckless and bad judgement calls on his behaviour to now hall of famers, just shows hes more concerned of how he looks, identical to a high school boy.

I really dont care what he does on the field anymore as his off the field shows that he is a complete ASS!! I for one dont cheer or support ASSES!!! Unless they belong to a petite lady with shiny pom poms.

I use to like watching Chad's hightlights on sportscenter...and his lighthearted TD celebrations...but he has become more of a prima-donna lately (still very talented but overally emotional and has the world againt me mentality).

Word has it TJ isnt too happy either. He is in his final year of fairly low paying contract and wants an extension.

I guess the winner of all this could turn out to be Chris Henry...although he has a checkered past, he could end up starting opposite Chad or TJ very soon.

I use to like watching Chad's hightlights on sportscenter...and his lighthearted TD celebrations...but he has become more of a prima-donna lately (still very talented but overally emotional and has the world againt me mentality).

Word has it TJ isnt too happy either. He is in his final year of fairly low paying contract and wants an extension.

I guess the winner of all this could turn out to be Chris Henry...although he has a checkered past, he could end up starting opposite Chad or TJ very soon.

TJ is fine. Yes, he wants & desreves a new contract, but he has only positive things to say about the organization and Chad.

I beleive with the newest events to now surface with ocho shoving a bengal reporter, no doubt . Is really the begining of the icing on the cake, where his words are becoming more pronounced then his actions right now. his comparing of reckless and bad judgement calls on his behaviour to now hall of famers, just shows hes more concerned of how he looks, identical to a high school boy.

I really dont care what he does on the field anymore as his off the field shows that he is a complete ASS!! I for one dont cheer or support ASSES!!! Unless they belong to a petite lady with shiny pom poms.

...with statements like that, can you really be calling someone a high school boy? I agree though, we should never cheer for people with personalities and flaws. Instead, every player should be quiet, not celebrate, say exactly what they are told to say so everyone is exactly the same and can easily be replaced without a person noticing.

Out of all the stuff that goes on in the league with what people do, people have the nerve to attack a guy who feels he was screwed over by an organization. No one knows the truth, but everyone will assume what they want. I guess shoving a reporter and saying how you feel is much worse that commiting rape, murder, and other things. Man, I need to figure out my priorities!

...with statements like that, can you really be calling someone a high school boy? I agree though, we should never cheer for people with personalities and flaws. Instead, every player should be quiet, not celebrate, say exactly what they are told to say so everyone is exactly the same and can easily be replaced without a person noticing.

Out of all the stuff that goes on in the league with what people do, people have the nerve to attack a guy who feels he was screwed over by an organization. No one knows the truth, but everyone will assume what they want. I guess shoving a reporter and saying how you feel is much worse that commiting rape, murder, and other things. Man, I need to figure out my priorities!

This is exactly the problem! We are so far gone with the extreme that everyday tact and respect to others is out the window. yes we dont know the situation but this kind of behaviour and arrogance is wrong. You my friend are the problem by saying " MEH WHO F'N CARES " MY BEER IS COLD AND IT RESTS NICELY ON MY STOMACH.

This is exactly the problem! We are so far gone with the extreme that everyday tact and respect to others is out the window. yes we dont know the situation but this kind of behaviour and arrogance is wrong. You my friend are the problem by saying " MEH WHO F'N CARES " MY BEER IS COLD AND IT RESTS NICELY ON MY STOMACH.

you should have stopped at the word cares.

he is a complete ASS!! I for one dont cheer or support ASSES!!!
Don't watch much NFL football then I take it.

lmao

Well I have to say, it took a lot longer for the apologists to show up than usual.

Although I have to say I don't get what the big deal is either, actually. This is just SS/DD for the NFL. It's not like he doesn't have a ton of company. And with NFL teams and fans not only supporting it but actually into it, what the fark did you expect?

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/77733...r-wrong-reasons

- If not for the threat of violence, Chad Johnson's behavior following Thursday's Pro Bowl practice was perversely comical.

Moments after agent Drew Rosenhaus told me that Johnson was trying to resolve his problems with Cincinnati management "behind the scenes," the Bengals wide receiver ripped into the team again in an NFL Network interview.

When finished, "Ocho Cinco" would say nada to every non-NFL owned news outlet. That made independent media members — those who Johnson should have wanted in his corner — much less sympathetic to his plight.

It gets better.

Before leaving, Johnson was stopped by a member of the league's media relations department (Michael Lipman) for me and another reporter. I asked Johnson whether he was having a better off-season after venting some of his frustration publicly at the Super Bowl.

Johnson walked off without answering the question. Lipman tried speaking with him again, only to get shoved. The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel.

Unprofessional behavior? Absolutely.

But at this point, you wouldn't expect anything else.

Chad shouldnt have shoved the guy if he did,but what a whiny reporter.

The way it went down I assume the NFL media person told him what he was going to ask him about,then when he gets there he gets hit on a subject he didnt want to talk about,so he leaves.The guy goes back and tries talking to him and he shoves him away.

Then the jilted reporter writes this.

Edited by xtra

Chad shouldnt have shoved the guy if he did,but what a whiny reporter.

The way it went down I assume the NFL media person told him what he was going to ask him about,then when he gets there he gets hit on a subject he didnt want to talk about,so he leaves.The guy goes back and tries talking to him and he shoves him away.

Then the jilted reporter writes this.

:wacko: What a joke...

Once again, you really shouldn't be telling anyone they act like a high school boy with statements like that.

Suspend him a season? :wacko:

Now thats a joke. :D

Terrell Owens was suspended for 9 weeks for less, so it's not as if the groundwork isn't there. You're saying that the reporter deserved it because he was a whiner is a much bigger reach. The bottom line is that if a player has that much malice for a team, it's detrimental to a team to have that cancer in the locker room. His ability and talent isn't worth the problems he could potentially and probably create if you allow him to play. By releasing him or trading you would be setting a bad standard that any player within your franchise who is unhappy can complain, act like a child, and abuse members of the media and have his demands granted. As a franchise you can't give into that non-sense. Any trade you would make would still cost you 8.8 million dollars in cap hits, which isn't worth it.

So how much of a joke is it really?

Terrell Owens was suspended for 9 weeks for less, so it's not as if the groundwork isn't there. You're saying that the reporter deserved it because he was a whiner is a much bigger reach. The bottom line is that if a player has that much malice for a team, it's detrimental to a team to have that cancer in the locker room. His ability and talent isn't worth the problems he could potentially and probably create if you allow him to play. By releasing him or trading you would be setting a bad standard that any player within your franchise who is unhappy can complain, act like a child, and abuse members of the media and have his demands granted. As a franchise you can't give into that non-sense. Any trade you would make would still cost you 8.8 million dollars in cap hits, which isn't worth it.

So how much of a joke is it really?

It wasnt a reporter that got shoved,it was a person from the league's media relations department .I called the reporter whiny for what he wrote(not the person who was shoved),sounded like he got his panties in a bunch.

CJ is just as whiny.Did the whole thing start when the media started blaming him for the losing and dissention and then him retaliating in the media?I dont remember.

CjJ should have kept his mouth closed from the start and he needs to stick to one story...I want out of Cincinnatti and just leave it at that.If they want to fine or suspend him for being mouthy I could understand why,but not for a season.The shoving incident I have only heard from one viewpoint,so Ill keep an open mind on that for the most part and not convict him yet.

Edited by xtra