[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fund raising for a bowling/golf league.

Skippy

I am fishing for an idea.

There are only eight of us that do this but basically we sell strip tickets every week to use for our golf trip every March. We started doing this about three years ago mostly becuase one of our guys, (long time memeber), just couldn't come up with the money so the idea was launched.

Fast forward to today and we are still selling the tickets. It is not a hugh deal as it is most the same people that buy them and we sell them easy enough. However, I am sick of selling them. I am looking for a new found raiser.

Hit me with some ideas but keep in mind that we are not a little league or anything else that we would print on a ticket.

I am all ears.

I'm confused. Are you saying the eight of you raise money to fund a golf trip every year? You aren't a non-profit or anything, but just want to take a trip for free :wacko:

If that's the case, it seems weird to me. I think I'm missing something here.

Yes. I am not going to lie about it. This is a very old league that I only joined about 5 years ago. One of the guys in the league was not able to go on his yearly golf trip due to lack of money. We then sold tickets at our bowling night to cover his golf trip. I know it sounds kinda cheap and all but we do it. For me it works out to where I buy 25 tickets every week. I do sell between 10-15 of them to people that want the ticket but since I hate to sell crap to people I just pay for mine. It is not a big deal since it is going to be my money anyways.

So the point is, I'm tired of selling the tickets and don't want to do it any longer. And now there is more than one guy that pretty much depends on this money. If it was not for the tickets there would likely be at least two of these guys that would not be able to go and maybe as many as four. I don't want to cut these guys off but I just don't want to sell the tickets.

Just fishing for an idea. The Huddle always seems to be full of ideas.

I think you are leaving out a hugh piece of the puzzle Skip. What do the people get for buying the tickets? Do you have some sort of drawing to win something?

:wacko:

D'oh!

Yes. It is basically a 50/50 drawing. All the high horse people in this thead must not belong to any sort of bowling league or anything like that as every single league that I have ever been in or heard of does the same crap.

Shouldn't the money your taking from well intended donors be going to a legitimate charity selling stuff to help crippled kittens or something?

I can see how righteous the rest of the huddle is and how heathen I must be but the "well intended donors" are not being tricked in any way. Must of the "well intended donors" are just people that like to partake in a game of chance. Spend two dollars for five numbers on the daily lottery to win a $100. None of these people think they are giving money to the Salvation Army or anything else like that.

Having said that, this same league has a golf charity event every June and normally raises a little more than 3K for the American Cancer Society.

Just pay your own way and let everyone else sell the tickets.

Seems logical to me.

That is pretty much what I currently do as I just buy all of my share of tickets. It really isn't that much so no biggie in that respect. I would just like to find a better way to help the other guys out.

I am not looking for a solution to my end of the problem. Just looking for a better idea is all.