[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got to meet one of my Idols this weekend

T-Scorp

The Vikings hold an annual charity event in northern MN every year called the Arctic Blast. A lot of former Vikings and a few current players ride snowmobiles around Lake Milacs and the public is invited to ride with them. It is a great event to meet the players. I have attended the last 10 years and have always had a great time.

This year was special as I got to meet Scott Studwell, my favorite Viking as a kid. I was wearing my authentic throwback Studwell jersey (they just came out this year) but was not expecting Scott to be there as he hasn't attended since he started scouting for the Vikings a few years ago. Long story short, as we were waiting to registar, Scott walked down the hallway and seeing I was wearing his jersey stopped to say hi. He signed my jersey (nice personalized message) and we ended up talking football for a few minutes, a local photographer took a bunch of photos for his paper and said he would send me copies! 5 minutes later Matt Blair, one of my other favorite Vikings walked in so I got my picture taken with him!!

Also got to sit around and talk with the front office of the Vikings, including Rick Spielman VP player personnel, Scott Poppen VP Finance, and Rob Brezezinski VP of football operations. They were very friendly and actually answered a lot of questions. My nephew and I talked to them for about 15 minutes while we they were waiting to go on the ride.

The whole experience was awesome!! Not often you get to meet a childhood hero(es) and talk football with your favorite teams VP's.

I asked Spielman about McNabb and his anwer was that the Eagles were asking 2 number ones and that was too steep for most teams considering his age and injury problems. He also said Anderson would require a 1 and 3 to get and a healthy contract extension. Poppin indicated it was really hard to get good free agents as everyone has so much cap room (another 7 to 9 Million added this year) that they tend to keep their great players or if they don't teams have to overpay. Being a banker, I really enjoyed talking CAP and finances with Poppin.

Spielman and Studwell really like Sidney Rice and feel that he will be really good over the next few years. They said AD's knee was 100% (backed up by his performance last night int he Pro-bowl!!) Williamson is most likely gone as is Moore. They still have faith in Jackson but said they were looking for a vetern backup as they realize they screwed up last year.

LIke I said they were very open (not drinking yet as it was 9AM).

I asked Spielman about McNabb and his anwer was that the Eagles were asking 2 number ones and that was too steep for most teams considering his age and injury problems. He also said Anderson would require a 1 and 3 to get and a healthy contract extension. Poppin indicated it was really hard to get good free agents as everyone has so much cap room (another 7 to 9 Million added this year) that they tend to keep their great players or if they don't teams have to overpay. Being a banker, I really enjoyed talking CAP and finances with Poppin.

Spielman and Studwell really like Sidney Rice and feel that he will be really good over the next few years. They said AD's knee was 100% (backed up by his performance last night int he Pro-bowl!!) Williamson is most likely gone as is Moore. They still have faith in Jackson but said they were looking for a vetern backup as they realize they screwed up last year.

LIke I said they were very open (not drinking yet as it was 9AM).

That's surprisingly candid...

That's surprisingly candid...

That is what I thought. I asked a couple of generic questions and then just kept asking as they kept answering. I thought, hey if they don't want to answer they won't. They were really cool about it.

So the Vikes didn't cause any trouble up there this year? :wacko:

they have really tightened up stuff. In fact Studwell was talking about Tommy Kramer crashing his sled a couple of years or how he would just ride to the first bar and then stop and drink. It is mostly older former players instead of current player. Allison, Bollinger, and Kluwe were the only current players I saw there.

They don't believe Quinn would be worth what the would wnat for him. Spielman indicated it would cost them at least two firsts and said we could have gotten him in the draft for less than that. I really think they are gong to give T-Jax every chance to be the Vikigns QB.

With Udeze being diagnosed with Leukemia I think the Vikings definitely need a DE.