[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is in your HD Media Collection?

keggerz

No Flaming on which is better, just curious as to what huddlers have in their collections and what they think are their best.

so with more of us here having either a PS3 or XBox I was curious what is in everyones collections.

My Blu-Ray collection:

Music/Video

2007 DTS-HD Master Audio Presentation Disc

Movies:

Black Hawk Down

Happy Feet

Open Season

Spider-Man 3 (haven't watched it yet)

Talladega Nights (came with the PS3 and haven't watched it yet)

The Departed

The Descent

The Guardian

The Wild

World Trade Center

Games:

Motor Storm

Tiger Woods PGA Golf 2007

Resistance: Fall Of Man

Ridge Racer 7

Downloads:(only a couple for me)

NBA 2007

Formula 1 (or whatever its called)

For me my DTS-HD Master Audio DIsc rocks and is what I break out when I want to show someone exactly what Blu-Ray is capable of.

As for movies The Wild and Open Season are F'n incredible from a PQ sense and Black Hawk Down pushes the limits of my 7.1 surround sound.

Game wise Motor Storm is probably the best but I have more fun playing a relaxing game of Tiger Woods golf(read, I sux at Motor Storm). The game that I really want to get is the Formula One racing game.

:wacko:

Games

All-Pro Football 2k8

The Bigs (Great baseball game!)

Burnout Revenge

Call of Duty 2, 3, and 4

Cars

Dead Rising

Fight Night Round 3

Guitar Hero II

Guitar Hero III

Lego Star Wars II and TCS

Madden 07

NBA 2k7

NHL 07

Tatatouille

Shrek the Third

Superman Returns

I have a bunch of original XBOX games and XBOX Live Arcade games too. The majority of the original XBOX games are 480p. I'm not sure what the Arcade games are, but the screen resolution is fixed to match the amount of pixels in my display. I think I have around 20-25 arcade games. My son is playing now, so I can check. No overscan on any of my games :D .

I have a bunch of Looney Toons downloaded in HD and a few movie trailers and tv episodes. I've downloaded movies to watch in HD, but they don't stay on your hard drive. Besides movies for my son, we haven't bought movies in years. Netflix takes care of movies for us.

DirecTV

The Directv TiVo and DVR record in HD for us. Most of the network shows that I record are in HD now. I have more things saved on it than I'll ever watch. I do watch the Nightly News each night in HD. CNN has a great HD feed too.

Edited by Egret

How can you possibly afford this lot and when could you find time to actually watch them a second time? Would make far more sense to use Netflix.

I'm in the same boat as TOS. There are many movies I enjoy multiple times, there's nothing like From Dusk til Dawn at 3:00 AM after a night of drinking whiskey. :D

Seriously though, some people collect items for scrap books, I collect movies and music. To each their own. Also, maybe Netflix has gotten better, but I got on that train early on and I ran into much the same problem that I had with Blockbuster. It was tough to get specific versions of movies (like if a director's cut v a theatrical release was available) or DTS soundtrack if both were available, the disks were often scratched or wouldn't play, it just wasn't worth it for me.

How can you possibly afford this lot and when could you find time to actually watch them a second time? Would make far more sense to use Netflix.

I collected about 20 movies before I realized that I was probably never going to watch any of them a second time. What a waste of money and space.

I'm in the same boat as TOS. There are many movies I enjoy multiple times, there's nothing like From Dusk til Dawn at 3:00 AM after a night of drinking whiskey. :D

Seriously though, some people collect items for scrap books, I collect movies and music. To each their own. Also, maybe Netflix has gotten better, but I got on that train early on and I ran into much the same problem that I had with Blockbuster. It was tough to get specific versions of movies (like if a director's cut v a theatrical release was available) or DTS soundtrack if both were available, the disks were often scratched or wouldn't play, it just wasn't worth it for me.

I have a few movies (LOTR trilogy, Godfather series, Star Wars 4-6, Apocalypse Now, etc) and I've watched them all more than once but mostly I prefer music DVDs - Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Clash, the usual suspects.

2000 DVDs = a minimum of $30,000, probably $40,000......! :wacko:

i only have a few movies (bluray)...and those only because they came free as part of a ps3 offer. goodfellas, unforgiven, the last waltz...oh and planet earth, that one i actually purchased.

i've never seen much point in collecting movies. very rarely do i want to watch something twice, and even then, just put it to the top of the netflix queue and it's there the next day :wacko: