[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nader is in the game

dmarc117

I used to think that Nader ran in order to try to keep the other politicians loyal to his pet issues... this time around I think that Nader is running just to stroke his own ego. This is basiacally about keeping himself in the news and desperately attempting to keep from fading into obscurity (more so than he already has).

I used to think that Nader ran in order to try to keep the other politicians loyal to his pet issues... this time around I think that Nader is running just to stroke his own ego. This is basiacally about keeping himself in the news and desperately attempting to keep from fading into obscurity (more so than he already has).

:wacko: Irish is Nader

+1 but in a close race he could still act as a spoiler and he knows it.

+1 but in a close race he could still act as a spoiler and he knows it.

I really don't see it like that, 2000 was his highwater mark: playing on the complacency of Dems with 8 years in power and the arrogance to believe there was no way Bush would win.

Obama is the guy from the progressive wing of the party Nader's fans have been waiting for and Nader has no traction to gain against Obama's personality. I'll bet he gets less votes than the Green candidate in the end and you wouldn't call them a factor, would you? That is, of course, if he doesn't force his way back onto their ticket like in 2004 - which many did not appreciate.

I really don't see it like that, 2000 was his highwater mark: playing on the complacency of Dems with 8 years in power and the arrogance to believe there was no way Bush would win.

Obama is the guy from the progressive wing of the party Nader's fans have been waiting for and Nader has no traction to gain against Obama's personality. I'll bet he gets less votes than the Green candidate in the end and you wouldn't call them a factor, would you? That is, of course, if he doesn't force his way back onto their ticket like in 2004 - which many did not appreciate.

I see it that way as well. I mean, one of the amazing things about Obama's candidacy is that he's saying many of the same things Nader was saying in 2000 only he may actually take it all the way to the White House.

A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is Politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way:

I am the head of the family, so call me The President.

Your mother is the administrator of the money, so we call her the

Government.

We are here to take care of your needs, so we will call you the People.

The nanny, we will consider her the Working Class.

And your baby brother, we will call him the Future.

Now think about that and see if it makes sense."

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what Dad has said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check

on him.

He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper.

So the little boy goes to his parent's room and finds his mother asleep.

Not wanting to wake her, he goes

to the nanny's room.

Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed

with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed.

The next morning, the little boy say's to his father, "Dad, I think I

understand the concept of politics now."

The father says, "Good, son, tell me in your own words what you think

politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "The President is screwing the Working Class while

the Government is sound asleep. The People are being ignored and the Future

is in deep poopy.

:wacko:

His target demographic (young, disenfranchised, educated) has already been sucked up by Obama.
Obama already taking the votes from Nader's target voting base
Obama is the guy from the progressive wing of the party Nader's fans have been waiting for
one of the amazing things about Obama's candidacy is that he's saying many of the same things Nader was saying in 2000 only he may actually take it all the way to the White House.

nadir is a far-left kook. i sort of agree with what all of you are saying, but i'm not quite sure how to square it with all the stuff i keep hearing about obama being a bipartisan bridge-builder with all this appeal to moderates and centrists. he's been able to have it both ways -- being the darling to both the far-left progressive and the centrist blue-dog dem type -- largely because hillary has strong negatives from both poles. however, somebody is being hoodwinked into thinking obama is their guy. i'd feel a little better about obama if i knew who it was.

Edited by Azazello1313

Nader would be wasting his time and money more so now than ever

as Kid stated Obama already taking the votes from Nader's target voting base

A non factor. Like Nader said if the democrats can't win this with what the Bush's have done they need to stop trying.

Besides he has a lot of respect for Obama. He did think he should stand up more fopr the Palestinians but you don't win elections that way.