[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Conference Tourney

Vinatieri Is God

Some thoughts going in.

First off, I can't believe BC helped Duke. I hate Duke. By losing to GT, BC got GT in to a tie for 7th spot which they win in tiebreakers (even though they are the 9th best team in the conference). So Duke gets the winner of GT and VA (the 9th and 10th best teams in the conference).

Meanwhile UNC gets the winner of Wake / FSU (both borderline NCAA tounrey teams). Tough break for them. Hard enough to win three days in a row. Even more difficult facing a tough one in the first round.

Loser of Wake/FSU gets knocked from the NCAA tourney consideration, IMO. Winner gets in, hopefully.

Maryland needs to beat BC AND Clemson now because they shat the bed against VA in the finale, IMO.

VT needs to beat Miami in Round 2 to secure an NCAA berth, IMO.

Any other thoughts from the masses??

Short of winning the entire tournament, I don;t think there's anything GT or Wake can do to get an invitation. I agree that Maryland must win 2 games to even get considered.

I agree that VT needs to winthat first game, just to be sure.

As far as matchups go, UNC will have a good game right out of the box, but I'd rather have that then play Clemson in the second game. It would have really sucked if UNC fought hard to get the #1 seed, then Clemson lost to VT, dropped to the #4 spot and UNC would have had to play them anyways.

Duke has handled both UVA and GT, but UVA is playing their best baksetball of the year, and GT is a physically imposing team. Either way, the Dookies woun't have an easy way through either, but i think that Wake would have been dangerous for them. Wake just matches up will with Dook.

Edited by billay

Maryland needs 2 wins at least.

Miami & VT need 1.

FSU needs 1 maybe 2.

All the others (except Duke, UNC, & Clemson who are in) need to win the entire tourney to get in.

as of today - Lunardi has MD and VTech IN - however I think both are on thin ice, and need to finish strong- VT with the better resume

Miami is IN for all intents

FSU? not even on the radar and would need to make the championship to even have a shot

as of today - Lunardi has MD and VTech IN - however I think both are on thin ice, and need to finish strong- VT with the better resume

Miami is IN for all intents

FSU? not even on the radar and would need to make the championship to even have a shot

Has that been updated today? I thought Lunardi has the Terrapins out and deservedly so. After blowing that lead at home against Clemson and then losing to UVA, In can't believe he still has them in. If so, the rest of the bubble must really stink.

Edited by billay

Has that been updated today? I thought Lunardi has the Terrapins out and deservedly so. After blowing that lead at home against Clemson and then losing to UVA, In can't believe he still has them in. If so, the rest of the bubble must really stink.

yer right- just noticed it has not been updated online yet -

BC puts the final nail in Maryland's coffin. Man they were a schizo team this year. Even in this game they were down 20-5 to start!! Underachieving team who could have finished in the top 6 if they played hard all year.

Tyrese Rice is a phenomonal player but doesn't have the leadership qualities necessary to make this team better and I don't think Al Skinner even has a voice box.

I hope my Hokies got in with that win over tha U..

Now we want some redemption from that whippin the Tarheels put on us earlier! gonna have to be a physical game if we stand a chance. yall dont go runnin up the score or u'll limp in to tha big tourney.. :wacko:

good luck tho

Ready for a WAR :D

And let's not forget to mention that with Stephen F. Austin's loss to Northwestern St. in the Southland semis, and Utah St.'s loss to Boise St. in the WAC semis, both last night, that's two more bubble teams that are out.

Welcome to the big dance Va Tech. Taking the best team in the country right to the wire. They deserve a shot at the tourney.

I don't think so. The only quality win they had all season happened yesterday. I'm not sure the ACC gets more than 4.

Clemson wins over Duke in another great matchup.

Except for Memphis' rout and Texas' drubbing of Oklahoma, pretty good day of hoops with Wisconsin/MSU and the Illinois/Minnesota game going on right now too.

Guest Chappy
I don't think so. The only quality win they had all season happened yesterday. I'm not sure the ACC gets more than 4.

Agreed. VaTech is a very young team that will have other opportunities but I don't think 4 teams are getting in from the ACC either.

Guest Chappy

I have to tell you, I have never before enjoyed watching basketball more than I have this weekend. Maybe it's the close games or my growing respect for the game (since I started coaching my son's team) but I'm really excited about the tourney.