[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wal-Mart pushing Chinese suppliers to go green: CEO

polksalet

Can they get Chinese suppliers to go legal? Lead in toys, bad food and drug supplies? That's probably just the beginning. They need to realize cheating will cost them if they don't clean up their own messes.

Wal Mart did a study with some of their new locations that are "green"...

the middle of the stores have a glass ceiling in the middle to provide natural light...studies have also shown that products displayed in that area went up something like 60% in sales....and they have put random items in that area, it didn't matter what it was...it just did better in that opened area...

we're going to see more and more buildings using natural light as the natural light seems to have more of a positive impact on people...either that or the sun is pumping us drugs...

the middle of the stores have a glass ceiling in the middle to provide natural light...studies have also shown that products displayed in that area went up something like 60% in sales....and they have put random items in that area, it didn't matter what it was...it just did better in that opened area...

we're going to see more and more buildings using natural light as the natural light seems to have more of a positive impact on people...either that or the sun is pumping us drugs...

Do you have a link for this?

It works the same way in classrooms. I took a facilities management course in my master's program. Granted it was at GVSU, but it was still good. :wacko: Anyway, people are more attentive in natural lighting. Fluorescent lighting causes all sorts of problems from inattention, anxiety to headaches. I have the window shades up in my classroom. I also use full spectrum light bulbs. It does make a difference.

I don't have a link, but I do know that natural lighting does have a positive effect.

It works the same way in classrooms. I took a facilities management course in my master's program. Granted it was at GVSU, but it was still good. :wacko: Anyway, people are more attentive in natural lighting. Fluorescent lighting causes all sorts of problems from inattention, anxiety to headaches. I have the window shades up in my classroom. I also use full spectrum light bulbs. It does make a difference.

I don't have a link, but I do know that natural lighting does have a positive effect.

migraines for me...

no, we discussed this in my "Green Buildings Class" as she had all these articles printed out from the internet and they has some Green Building Commercial Developer from LEED come in for a class and he broke down all these numbers...

Edited by Avernus

no, we discussed this in my "Green Buildings Class" as she had all these articles printed out from the internet and they has some Green Building Commercial Developer from LEED come in for a class and he broke down all these numbers...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I think natural lighting is great. It sounds like you do too. Are we agreeing on something?