[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Down to 32

jaxfactor

My final 4 only has 2 #1 seeds making it and that would be UNC and UCLA.

In the East, I just don't see anyone other than Tennessee giving UNC any problems. Only problem with that is I see Tenn losing to Louisvile in the sweet 16, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Butler pull the upset before Tenn even gets to the sweet 16. Just don't see Louisville beating UNC.

In the midwest, wow, the totally f'ked up midwest at this point. But the #1 and #2 seeds live and have an easier road to an ultimate #1vs #2 matchup where I think Georgetown comes out victorious over KU.

The south I see all the top seeds advancing to the sweet 16, but that's where the fireworks start. Pitt will surprise #1 seeded Memphis ending their dream season. Before that, they will have to battle MSU in an epic battle to advance, maybe even OT. Texas and Stanford will meet in the sweet 16 for what they believe will be the right to play a one loss Memphis team. But the winner of this game will be wearing their home whites in a battle against Pitt and I see Stanford doing the job as well as ending Pitt's run in the great 8 to reach the ultimate goal in college hoops- The Final 4.

The West has seen a couple upsets already with Uconn going down as well as Drake, but I really wouldn't consider the later as a hugh upset. WVU will take care of Duke as long as they stay focused and they can stop Duke in the transition game. Alexander will not be shut down 2 games in a row, but as we saw, they can win without much production from him. Now the WVU-Xavier matchup becomes very interesting. Xavier will come out on a roll and have what may be a double digit lead at the half, but they become complacent and WVU gets the 3's rolling to victory in the second half. UCLA has a clear path to the great 8, having to play A&M, and either Western Kentucky or SD to advance to the great 8. No problemos. WVU had a great run to this point but will be no match for UCLA, who will defend the 3's and take away the bread and butter of WVU's game.

So My Final 4 looks like this:

UNC Vs Georgetown

UCLA vs Stanford - a Pac 10 battle

IMO the 2 best conferences this year are the Big East and the Pac 10 and they will be represented in the Final 4. I have to favor the 2 #1 seeds to meet for the NC, but I like Georgetown to ride their displeasure of getting bounced from the Big East Tourney to pull the upset and face UCLA for all the marbles. Big East Vs Pac 10, as it should be.

WVU is playing solid right now and has Duke on the ropes.

I had them out in the Sweet 16, so not a huge deal. I'll need Xavier to beat WVU now instead (assuming they beat Purdue).

whos been watching this game?...i mean if one kid could be held responsible...demarcus nelson...wow...i mean...from the field...from the line....getting beat on cuts defensively....just horrible

Big East > ACC

Yeah the Big East looks real tough. Their style of play (tough inside, usually solid guard play) really lends itself to the tournament. While I think they will continue to win games, I am not sure they will have anyone in the Final Four. Maybe Pitt. Watch out for WVU though.

:wacko:

I was worried in the first half, but still felt ok with WVU within 5 at the half. I didn't like the refs calling close fouls and WVU was in serious foul trouble throughout. I guess the Big East plays a more physical style and the refs had none of it. Couldn't believe how cold Duke was beyond the arc and that I believe was their ultimate undoing. The guard play(3 guard plan implemented by Huggins) for WVU was outstanding. I would really like to see a WVU-Xavier sweet 16 matchup. I am a happy camper for now.

:wacko:

I was worried in the first half, but still felt ok with WVU within 5 at the half. I didn't like the refs calling close fouls and WVU was in serious foul trouble throughout. I guess the Big East plays a more physical style and the refs had none of it. Couldn't believe how cold Duke was beyond the arc and that I believe was their ultimate undoing. The guard play(3 guard plan implemented by Huggins) for WVU was outstanding. I would really like to see a WVU-Xavier sweet 16 matchup. I am a happy camper for now.

rhode islands own joe mazzulla was a beast...the kid out hustles and muscles guys much bigger...just a ball of strength and speed...

I like Villanova as a possible dark horse in the midwest. I think Kansas is beatable and the Wildcats almost beat G-town earlier this year. They first have to get though Siena. 12 seed was about right for them, but they deserved to be in the tourney.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Big East > ACC

Living in N Carolina, its amazing how fans down here insist that the ACC is the supreme conference...always. Clearly, the Big East is much tougher this year and last, (admitted SU fan here) as is PAC10, but to no avail, they always insist the ACC is supreme. They are really down right now other than Carolina, and I certainly had the Dookies going down in round 2 in all my brackets :wacko: .

rhode islands own joe mazzulla was a beast...the kid out hustles and muscles guys much bigger...just a ball of strength and speed...

Yeah, Mazzulla was hugh! It's amazing how many rebounds this kid grabs even inside.

game.

So My Final 4 looks like this:

UNC Vs Georgetown

UCLA vs Stanford - a Pac 10 battle

IMO the 2 best conferences this year are the Big East and the Pac 10 and they will be represented in the Final 4. I have to favor the 2 #1 seeds to meet for the NC, but I like Georgetown to ride their displeasure of getting bounced from the Big East Tourney to pull the upset and face UCLA for all the marbles. Big East Vs Pac 10, as it should be.

IF UNC and GTown meet, I guarantee you the Heels win that one. They are totally and completely motivated by blowing that lead to the Hoyas last year. I was disappointed in Clemson too, they just froze up. Nova did a good job of denying the entry pass and the Tigers couldn't hit any shots.

As for the Dookies, BOO-HOO. We said all year that they were a 1 dimensional team offensively. The 11 of 17 threes they hit in Chapel Hill were a far cry from the 2 of 20something they shot yesterday. Duke was totally whipped. K rode them for all they were worth during the regular season and now they have no legs. It's no wonder they can't hit shots. They only ever played 6 guys anyway.