[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guitar Hero baby!

Skippy

I can play a majority of the songs on a real guitar but sucked at this. I wanted to do the real motions.

I for one have bought my kids real guitars rather than this game. Imagine the hours put into the game used practicing on the real thing. I'm officially old as I feel this along with kids playing Madden instead of on the playground is a major downfall for our youth.

I would buy this for my kids if the controller was like a real guitar and they had figured out a way to "teach" the guitar while playing a game. That would be worthwhile. My kids get 20 minutes each of computer game time per day (3 kids, 1 hour) after all homework, bathing and chores are done.

I would rather have my sone play with a stick digging hole in the dirt and looking for worms to feed to the wild birds that visit our feeders than wasting time on the computer. It is a tool, not a toy IMO.

Your post is EXACTLY, including Dad showing the kids a REAL guitar. Gotta watch!

Season 11, Episode 1113, Guitar Queer-O //AND// Season 10, Episode 1008, Make Love not Warcraft

Those two episodes basically sum up my feelings on video games.

• 1 month later...
I would buy this for my kids if the controller was like a real guitar and they had figured out a way to "teach" the guitar while playing a game. That would be worthwhile. My kids get 20 minutes each of computer game time per day (3 kids, 1 hour) after all homework, bathing and chores are done.

I would rather have my sone play with a stick digging hole in the dirt and looking for worms to feed to the wild birds that visit our feeders than wasting time on the computer. It is a tool, not a toy IMO.

Your post is EXACTLY, including Dad showing the kids a REAL guitar. Gotta watch!

Season 11, Episode 1113, Guitar Queer-O //AND// Season 10, Episode 1008, Make Love not Warcraft

Those two episodes basically sum up my feelings on video games.

Arguably 2 of the funniest episodes ever. both will make you :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I had absolutely zero interest in this game. It just didn't seem to be my thing. I've never played an instrument, and though I like music, I've never really a desire to learn to play guitar. Also, unlike when I was younger, the only games I like to play anymore are sports simulations, which I still love. Anyway, I was in Chicago at my buddies house, and he pulls out Guitar Hero on the Wii for me to try. I thought the concept was silly, but, to my surprise, I really found it challenging and enjoyable. So, today, I went out and picked up Guitar Hero III with the Les Paul wireless guitar for the Xbox 360, and now my arms are sore from playing it so much. I"m sure the initial excitement will wear down a bit, and it will be played mostly when friends or family or over, but, wow, what a fun game. I played some songs, went through the tutorial, and am now doing a career on easy mode. I'm getting really good on that mode, but, know that adding the other two buttons will be difficult for me. Anyway, I'm loving this game. :D:wacko:

Yeah.. It seems silly until you play it and then you realize it is just a fun way to kill some time. My wife and I play it together and she has ZERO interest in most other video games. She liked it so much she went out on Sunday and picked up Guitar Hero - Aerosmith. If you are a fan of Aerosmith, it is good stuff. It is also a bit easier than GH3. I blew through the hard level the first time through each song. There are still 2 songs on GH3 I have not beat on hard yet.

We were obesessed here with the GHIII, then got Rock Band. Love the Rock Band:I like the songs much better, and playing drums kicks ass. Even bought a mic stand so I can drum and sing simultaneously, :wacko:

I'm looking forward to the youtube video.

We were obesessed here with the GHIII, then got Rock Band. Love the Rock Band:I like the songs much better, and playing drums kicks ass. Even bought a mic stand so I can drum and sing simultaneously, :wacko:

Just wait until Guitar Hero World Tour comes out in October. Will have drums and a mic like Rock Band.

Talk about an addicting game. Wow !!!!

This is all I've been doing when I get free time since I picked it up on Friday. I finished the game on Easy, then finished it on Medium, which was much harder and not quite as fun.

Now I'm addicted to trying to play each song perfectly. I've got all of the regular ones done except 5. I think they are all do-able, but, Blood Rain by Slayer is going to take a long time to get perfect. I don't even have it to 5 stars yet. That song is ridiculously hard. I alson have Number of the Beast, One, Cult of Personality, and one other one to do perfect yet. Then I'll move onto my downloaded songs :D

I love this game !!!! :wacko:

Talk about an addicting game. Wow !!!!

This is all I've been doing when I get free time since I picked it up on Friday. I finished the game on Easy, then finished it on Medium, which was much harder and not quite as fun.

Now I'm addicted to trying to play each song perfectly. I've got all of the regular ones done except 5. I think they are all do-able, but, Blood Rain by Slayer is going to take a long time to get perfect. I don't even have it to 5 stars yet. That song is ridiculously hard. I alson have Number of the Beast, One, Cult of Personality, and one other one to do perfect yet. Then I'll move onto my downloaded songs :D

I love this game !!!! :wacko:

My son recently beat "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert.

My son recently beat "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert.

:wacko:

Soooo, is he a fag now? :D

(see my earlier SP post, I'm not calling YOUR son a "fag" :D )

I worry about my son for a variety of reasons. The fact that he experienced a :divingboard: when he was six after a girl kissed him on the cheek put any question in that area to rest.

Once he beat Through the Fire and Flames on expert he let me and my wife know how good he could he be if he were allowed to play playstation during the week and for more than 30-45 mins on saturday/sundays.

And the real bonus, because of GH, my sons have started taking real guitar lessons and practicing without having to be told/asked to do so.

I worry about my son for a variety of reasons. The fact that he experienced a :divingboard: when he was six after a girl kissed him on the cheek put any question in that area to rest.

Once he beat Through the Fire and Flames on expert he let me and my wife know how good he could he be if he were allowed to play playstation during the week and for more than 30-45 mins on saturday/sundays.

And the real bonus, because of GH, my sons have started taking real guitar lessons and practicing without having to be told/asked to do so.

pwned.