[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yet Another Tipping Question

Easy n Dirty

A buddy and I have won an NCAA pool (the pool involved picking 6 teams and then getting points for each victory, with points being based on a multiple of the seed and a factor for the round - with only #1 seeds left, there aren't enough points left for anyone to catch us). Entry fee was $50, and grand prize will be $2350.

Should we tip the pool administrator?

I've always been confused by the tipping practices when it comes to pools like this - seems everyone tips whoever runs a Super Bowl box pool, which involves very little work, but very few fantasy football champs tip their commissioners (near as I can tell, anyway)...who put in quite a bit of work. So...do we tip the guy who ran this pool, and if so how much?

Edited by Easy n Dirty

I'd throw him $25 to let him grab a case of his favorite beverage. Why not?

The fact that you are even asking leads me to beleive that you think it might be a nice gesture....so even if its not customary, there's nothing wrong with going above and beyond.

Nothing wrong with being remembered as a nice guy.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

The fact that you are even asking leads me to beleive that you think it might be a nice gesture....so even if its not customary, there's nothing wrong with going above and beyond.

Well, then there's that

Well, here's the problem I have with this: EnD won over $2000, if you tip the guy $25 you come off as a cheap ass. You should probably tip him 10% if you're going to tip him. $25 on $2000 is worse than not tipping at all imo.

I say offer the guy a C-Note for his troubles, as it sounds like he tracks this by hand. If he accepts, you come off as a great guy, if he declines, no big deal and you still come off as a great guy.

Fortunately for me I am so far out of my pool I won't have to worry about this issue.

Well, here's the problem I have with this: EnD won over $2000, if you tip the guy $25 you come off as a cheap ass. You should probably tip him 10% if you're going to tip him. $25 on $2000 is worse than not tipping at all imo.

Good point, but I don't think the tip needs to be any more than $100. I mean, who wouldn't be happy to be handed an unexpected $100? Considering that there's no established protocol, I don't know if you need to be bound by a %.

I used to kill this one bookie on his football pools...so for every 200 bucks I'd win, I'd throw him 20 bucks...

but even in the event of tipping....people call me crazy for tipping 4 bucks on a $16.00 pizza...

but they also say they have never had Santucci's pizza so I just drop it there....because they wonder why I even spend so much on a pizza...