[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#1 Pick in the NFL Draft (Dolphins' Plans?), E. Graham, Stanton, T. Bell and others.

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/489210.html

Jake Long Could Be Drafted #1

The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins have begun contract negotiations with University of Michigan OT Jake Long. The Dolphins would prefer to have a contract in place with their first pick before the draft on April 26, to avoid a potential holdout.

The Dolphins have lots of holes to fill but Jake Long would certainly help the team and give QB John Beck more time to throw. Drafting Long would also be a positive for RB Ronnie Brown. It is still early, the Dolphins can still go in another direction.

| April 09, 2008 5:19 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/09/...nts-gore-money/

Graham Wants Gore Money

Buccaneers RB Earnest Graham reportedly wants a contract that is similar to what 49ers RB Frank Gore signed in 2007, which was a five-year, $28 million deal.

No way Graham gets that. Yes, Graham is a healthier running back, but he isn't as proven as Gore was and is. If the team feels talks aren't going their way, they may end up drafting another running back this year. Graham should have a hold on the starting job going into training camp and will likely make a decent RB2/RB3.

| April 09, 2008 4:57 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan Not In Dolphins' Plans? (same story as above)

It's being reported that the Dolphins are not considering drafting Boston College QB Matt Ryan with their No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

HC Tony Sparano says he likes what he sees from QB John Beck, so maybe there is fantasy value there afterall. The Dolphins are reportedly in negotiations with Michigan OT Jake Long.

| April 09, 2008 4:38 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...spers040508.htm

Some Very High On Stanton

A report is out saying that there is a growing number of people in the Lions' organization who think that QB Drew Stanton is the best quarterback on the roster.

Stanton has been having very positive reviews this offseason, which could likely mean he could land the eventual starting role if QB Jon Kitna gets off to a slow start. If you own Kitna, make sure you have Stanton as well.

| April 09, 2008 2:54 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...1/1049/SPORTS01

Lions Running New Scheme

It's being reported that the Lions are going to run a zone running scheme similar to what the Broncos run. The Lions offense' suits Tatum Bell as the team is going to adopt the Broncos zone running scheme, according to the Detroit Free Press. This is good news for Bell and lineman Dom Raiola noted, "We just need backs back there with good vision. I don't think it matters. If you look at the Denver system, it doesn't matter who's back there. Any running back who comes in this league is going to have that. It's going to give him a good chance in this offense."

Bell is currently number one on the Lions depth chart at running back (unless of course Detroit drafts a RB with the 15th overall pick or another early pick). Denver's zone scheme can take an average running back and make him a star. Even RB Tatum Bell found success in 2006, when he ran for 1025-yards. But the knock on Bell is that he dances around the pocket and doesn't hit the hole when one is open. That is going to be something he has to work on in order for him to have any success in the new scheme.

| April 09, 2008 10:33 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1501

Frerotte Not In Starting Mix

Vikings QB Gus Frerotte will not be in the mix for the starting job this year.

Frerotte hasn't played much of the West Coast offense in his career, so this is something he is going to have to learn in camp and probably for most of the season. Frerotte doesn't have much fantasy value.

| April 09, 2008 10:27 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/04/garcia-disappoi.html

Garcia Disappointed

Buccaneers QB Jeff Garcia said Tuesday he's disappointed the team hasn't been willing to tear up his contract and reward him with a new deal that would enable him to finish his career in Tampa Bay. Garcia, 38, has one year remaining on his contract that will pay him a base salary of $2-million in 2008. He went 8-6 as a starter for the Bucs last season, leading them to an NFC South title and was named to the Pro Bowl.

In 2007, Garcia completed 209 of 307 passes for 2,440 yards with 13 touchdowns and four interceptions for a passer rating of 94.6. The four interceptions are very impressive, but 13 TDs is not enough to make fantasy owners happy. Garcia should be considered a QB2 for the 2008 season.

| April 09, 2008 9:05 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kelly and Smith Workout

NFL.com is reporting that Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly ran a 4.75 and 4.68 forty at his workout for NFL scouts today. Kelly also recorded a 32" vertical leap. Oklahoma CB/S Reggie Smith ran a 4.65 and 4.61 forty.

Neither player helped themself by the slow forty times and Kelly may have dropped out of the 1st round because of his poor performance. Kelly did look very good in position drills and probably has the best hands in the draft. Keeper leaguers should keep these guys in mind come draft day.

| April 09, 2008 12:34 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Sto...?STORY_ID=15304

Cole To Play Lighter

Eagles DL Trent Cole expects to play at 255 pounds this season, 10-15 pounds lighter than last year.

Cole has improved in sacks and total tackles every year of his three-year career, capping off 2007 with a 12.5-sack-70-total tackle, Pro Bowl season. Cole has great IDP value as a DL1/DL2 and could improve if someone steps up on the other side to take pressure off of him.

| April 09, 2008 5:09 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots looking at DB for the Draft

With Asante Samuel now wearing a jersey in Philly and a noteworthy lack of proven ability in the defensive back corps, the New England Patriots are asking all of the top DB prospects in this years draft to come to New England for interviews and visits, according to NFL.com.

Adam Schefter reports Antoine Cason, one of the top cornerbacks in this year's NFL Draft out of the University of Arizona, was in New England on Monday while Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, a Tennessee State cornerback regarded as one of the most coveted defensive gems in the draft, was scheduled to visit with team officials today. On Sunday, April 13, Kansas CB Aqib Talib will come to New England for two days, followed by a visit from Troy CB Leodis McKelvin. Schefter also notes the Pats have visited with USC linebacker Keith Rivers and LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey is scheduled to visit later this week, so it's not all about the defensive backfield… but it is all about defense.

| April 08, 2008

Edited by Chappy

Jake Long Could Be Drafted #1

The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins have begun contract negotiations with University of Michigan OT Jake Long. The Dolphins would prefer to have a contract in place with their first pick before the draft on April 26, to avoid a potential holdout.

The Dolphins have lots of holes to fill but Jake Long would certainly help the team and give QB John Beck more time to throw. Drafting Long would also be a positive for RB Ronnie Brown. It is still early, the Dolphins can still go in another direction.

Sounds more like due diligence than anything else. I'm sure they're having the same discussions with the other agents for Gholston and Chris Long.

Sounds more like due diligence than anything else. I'm sure they're having the same discussions with the other agents for Gholston and Chris Long.

I personally think they need OT more than anything right now and he fits the bill....regardless of how much of a playmaker Chris Long is...Jake fits a severe pressing need..

I could see it go either way. If I had to guess, I'd say Parcells probably wants Chris and Tony Sparano wants Jake.

There will still be good LT and pass rusher prospects in the 2nd round, so they could still end up filling both needs on day 1. The other second round pick could go QB, CB, or WR.

I hope they can trade down - even at a loss.

If not - I cannot see how they can even consider Gholston ((despite the cool name)) over Chris Long.

With no.1 money you need to go for the least question marks. Between the two, that's Long.

All things being equal, I take the OT every time. They either have or will shortly need the QB of the future. You can't give a QB a fair shake without solid protection. If he has a similar grade to the other choices, I think Miami would be crazy not to go for Jake Long. I don't think its a coincidence that great QBs often have great OTs standing beside them around the league. And Miami's line has just had a horrible reputation for so long now...

They have two second round picks where they should be able to get at least one solid d lineman. The OT probably won't be as appealing as DT/DE by then.

• 2 weeks later...
Dunno, just got here, but I do believe my ears and unless ESPN produced an elaborate hoax, including a brief comment by Long, well, seems kinda silly to even be posting this...

I think a group of the guys here know that you are a wet-behind-the-ears newbie and are having some sport with you. You need to tell them to go #### themselves, or they'll just be encouraged and try to continue to feed you misinformation for their own amusement.

Hey, are you the Bronco Billy that is often on the Irv & Joe show (950am), afternoons? If so, you're a legend.

Nope. Wrong color. And I'm the last guy on this board that you'd hear predicting a 20-0 season for the Broncos this year like that dope will.

The Rams have reportedly exchanged trade ideas with the Jets, who hold the No. 6 overall pick in the draft.

New York may want to get in front of Atlanta to secure Matt Ryan. St. Louis is currently on the clock and in great position to make a move. The Rams could also try to sign Glenn Dorsey before Saturday. With Jake Long out of the picture, ESPN's John Clayton says Dorsey is the top player on their board.

Source: ESPN Insider