[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Josh Update...

Duchess Jack

My last email mentioned Josh communicating with blinks. When I spoke to my sister this past weekend, she told me that - while therapist had communicated with Josh - Josh had yet to communicate with Laura and she hadn't seen it yet. Quite discouraging.

Yesterday was Laura's birthday. I tried to call her but could not get a hold of her. This was posted on his myspace page by my mom though....

Today is Josh’s moms {Laura’s) birthday and Josh is making sure it’s going to be a happy one. He has really done well the last two days. They are working him hard at the hospital with daily OT, PT and speech therapy and he is accomplishing so much. He now wipes mouth and forehead moisture with a cloth. (he actully breaks out in a sweat in therapies from so much concentrating) Yesterday he chose the right pic 3 out of 3 times. (identification of objects by pointing) He is working on swallowing, dipping a swab in water and putting it in his mouth. He also puts on his own chapstick and today Laura is going to have him shave with a electic razor being they finally took of his C-collar. His trac tube has been replaced with a smaller one and he is breathing on his own from 5a to midnight (19 hrs the last two days) On request he shakes hands and high five’s with staff and friends he also independently gives a thumbs up. He nod’s his head to indicate preferences such as CD’s, rest, types of foods he likes, ect. OT is helping Josh exercise his limbs. All are working except his left arm. He recieved replacement glasses testerday and Laura could tell by his face brightening up that he could see better. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes, they are working....please continue. Debbie

wow. I haven't spoken to my mom yet because I saw the post pretty late. amazing news though.

I am so glad to hear the positive news and I will continue to keep in our thoughts and prayers.

Now that he is responding to people and things, maybe you could see if the hospital has a TV and DVD player and rent or borrow a copy of the movie "Facing the Giants". If you are unfamiliar with the movie it is an excellent movie about a high school football coach who is down on his luck and parents are looking to replace him as they don't like the direction of their HS football program. It is produced by a church, but it is truly inspirational and if he likes football at all he would really like it. It actually speaks to the message that all things are possible with the help of God and it may inspire him to work through his rehab to continue to make great progress. Anyway, thanks for the updates.

Edited by PSULions

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and positive vibes. Josh is already doing more than we dared to hope possible. The prayers are working.

Indeed they are. And they will keep coming too. Thanks for the wonderful update and please keep us updated still. Way to go Josh!!!! :wacko: