[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What was the first civilization to mass produce glass?

I Like Soup

Actually, now that I look at this,...if we nuke the Middle East, does that mean we reproduce glass at a faster rate and more volume? :wacko: So we would be the first to really mass produce...

This account is more a reflection of Roman experience of glass production, however, as white silica sand from this area was used in the production of Roman glass due to its low impurity levels. But in general archaeological evidence suggests that the first true glass was made in coastal north Syria, Mesopotamia or Old Kingdom Egypt.

:wacko:

:wacko:

Yep, that is why I said the first civilization to mass produce glass...in the form of tableware. The same could be applied to the Roman's use of the arch. The arch wasn't invented by the Roman's, but they sure took architecture to the next level +1 because of their use of it.

Yep, that is why I said the first civilization to mass produce glass...in the form of tableware. The same could be applied to the Roman's use of the arch. The arch wasn't invented by the Roman's, but they sure took architecture to the next level +1 because of their use of it.

gotcha