[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which punishment?

H8tank

Which punishment?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which punishment?

• Electric Chair
    • Life, no chance of parol
    • 3 years in juvi, released at 18

Minghui Yu, a student in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, was hit by a car after fleeing an alleged assault Friday night, and subsequently died at St. Luke’s Hospital. Police have since arrested a 14-year-old male in connection with the case, and the suspect has been charged with manslaughter in the second degree.

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/node/30254

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/0...ath_weeps_.html

None of the above. He should be tried as an adult but doubt it will be life or death. Maybe 25-life, but let the legal system decide based on more evidence.

Does New York have the death penalty. Wasn't it declared unconstitutional?

I know the liberal asstards won't give him death you ignorant basement tard, I asked what would you do.

You did? All I see above is Which Punishment. You may think you did but you forgot to mention it in the thread. :wacko:

As for me I don't think it rises to the level of either. 30 years without parole would be my choice. He'd have to shoot a cop, be a contract killer or rapist for me to think death is appropriate,.

I'd like to know more about what happened before I passed judgment. It sounds like the guy that died was running away from something when he got hit. It is possible that the guy ran out in front of the car and the only thing the kid did wrong was driving under the legal age. If the accident could have been avoided, then give him 10 years without paroled, spending the first 4 in juvie the last 6 in a minimum security prison. Of course this assumes that the kid doesn't have a record.

I'd like to know more about what happened before I passed judgment. It sounds like the guy that died was running away from something when he got hit. It is possible that the guy ran out in front of the car and the only thing the kid did wrong was driving under the legal age. If the accident could have been avoided, then give him 10 years without paroled, spending the first 4 in juvie the last 6 in a minimum security prison. Of course this assumes that the kid doesn't have a record.

H8 didn't make it clear...the driver isn't being charged...its the 14 year old that assaulted him that is being charged...he was running away from the assault and got hit by a car

Some little racist black bigot punched a chinaman, as the chinaman tried to flee, he was struck by a motorist and killed.

There was no motive for the attack other than the fact the black kid wanted to beat up an asian kid, which resulted in his death. Not one part of this is conjecture, it is the facts of what happened.

There are already pleas to give mercy to the boy, he was a 'good kid' just out jumping people at night for no reason.

I didn't pick any of the above, but the kid should get more than option #3 and less than #1 & #2. That equals 4 years in juvi and 10 in an adult jail.