[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

TDFFFreak

Saw this last night and I give it a big :D.

It's not too over the top, yet not overly sentimental. It's just very funny and has some nice eye candy to look at (Mila :wacko: ). In the Apatow film world it's a notch below 40 Year Old Virgin (still my favorite), on par with the very funny Superbad (but a different movie all together), better than the good-but-overrated Knocked Up.

Check this one out with your buddies or wife/girlfriend/boyfriend. This is one all should be able to enjoy. I give it a B+

Went to see it over the weekend and about an hour into the movie, the screen went black and it took them a half hour to fix the movie. I had already left and gotten a refund. From what I saw in the first hour or so, it had some funny parts but i didn't think it was hilarious.

Saw this on Monday. It was a different kind of movie to me because overall I thought it was very funny without ever having a LOL moment - just a constant string of chuckles I guess. And while I usually hate movies that have guys and girls in very awkward/uncomfortable situations like this one had, it carried it off all really well. I enjoyed it quite a bit as did my wife. It wasn't at all slapstick physical comedy really. It was mostly just funny things that people said. Pretty much constantly. Stuff like the shirts she bought and the guy's attitude/relationship to the british guy was just always pretty funny if only in an understated way.

Note - it has full frontal male nudity more than once which was never really reciporcated so that loses a point. And while maybe not that graphic in actual nudity, it had plenty of highly suggestive scenes. If you are trying to date one of those women from the cult in West Texas, she would probably not enjoy the movie. I think it would be a great date movie for a couple that had been together for a while.

Two thumbs up.

Saw this on Monday. It was a different kind of movie to me because overall I thought it was very funny without ever having a LOL moment - just a constant string of chuckles I guess. And while I usually hate movies that have guys and girls in very awkward/uncomfortable situations like this one had, it carried it off all really well. I enjoyed it quite a bit as did my wife. It wasn't at all slapstick physical comedy really. It was mostly just funny things that people said. Pretty much constantly. Stuff like the shirts she bought and the guy's attitude/relationship to the british guy was just always pretty funny if only in an understated way.

Note - it has full frontal male nudity more than once which was never really reciporcated so that loses a point. And while maybe not that graphic in actual nudity, it had plenty of highly suggestive scenes. If you are trying to date one of those women from the cult in West Texas, she would probably not enjoy the movie. I think it would be a great date movie for a couple that had been together for a while.

Two thumbs up.

Exactly! I think this is why I really enjoyed it. They weren't playing characters who fit a certain type, there was a gray area saying that most people aren't good or bad.

***SPOLIER***

The British rocker guy who was Sarah's new boyfriend would normally be a total prick. In this movie he was strange and had some douchebag moments, but for the most part he was rather likable. Jason Segel's character even admits to liking the guy at one point.

***END SPOILER***

This is not a movie for people who want to laugh hard and loud throughout a movie, but rather a film that you constantly chuckle at. It's the little things that people do in real life that are most humorous.

Edited by TDFFFreak

• 1 year later...
Got it on Netflix and thought it was freaking great. Numerous LOL moments. I liked the details, right up to the trailers for "Animal Instinct" that ran after the movie.

+1

Many, many good parts all the way through the movie (unlike some that are good only in first half or second half). And Ku Nu(sp?) the surfer dude (played by Paul Rudd) was hysterical!

Two thumbs way up.

Edited by millerx