[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

This bar is a little over an hour south of me but I have a buddy that lives right down the road from this place. It is a phenominal sports bar. But not my favorite place to watch a big game, or a game I am intensly interested in. Its actually too big. I prefer a smaller venue with more energy. That place is cavernous.

I enjoyed it, but, I'm guessing I was the only Penguins fan in the place. I had to ask them to put it on the screen in front of us. It is HUGH though.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed it, but, I'm guessing I was the only Penguins fan in the place. I had to ask them to put it on the screen in front of us. It is HUGH though.

:wacko: It is definately HUGH. And it is a very cool bar. I just like less distraction when I am into a game. And if there is a place with many distractions this is the place. There used to be an OTB room to the side. I heard they took that out. Too bad, I love mixing my drinking with my gambling.

:wacko: It is definately HUGH. And it is a very cool bar. I just like less distraction when I am into a game. And if there is a place with many distractions this is the place. There used to be an OTB room to the side. I heard they took that out. Too bad, I love mixing my drinking with my gambling.

They still have an OTB area and OTB machines, it just isn't in a separate room. The race was on one of the big screens and the OTB secton had individuals TV's with races on at the tables

Pens did not play their best in this game 3, although they put on a defensive clinic in the final period. I knew Jagr would come out fired up and that he did. That line was simply awesome. After blowing a 3-1 lead, the Pens did not wilt under pressure. This team is on a roll. 3-0. Let's just not pull a 1975.

Are you going? I'm going on Thursday. :wacko:

Yeah, I went.

The first goal took the steam out of the place.

The sixth goal blew the roof off.

Hollweig's penalty and ensuing Pens power play goal was the dagger.

You should definitely be seeing the final game of this series on Thursday. At this point, I can't see any team beating the Pens four times...maybe the Stars, but that's it.

When did Jagr become such a whiney beyatch? :wacko:

His play in game 3 was outstanding though, dude stepped it up a notch, he took control of that game by himself to help the Rangers get back into it. Impressive. The Hollweg penalty was the turning point. The Rangers had all the momentum, were pressing with every shift, and the Penguins could get nothing going at all. Then the power play goal took the life out of them. I didn't hear any Ranger fans whining about the refereeing in this game finally. :D

But there is still work to do. The Rangers are not going to roll over, the Penguins have to stay focused. Looking forward to going to the game on Thursday, hopefully they can close it out.

When did Jagr become such a whiney beyatch? :wacko:

I think you're off base here. Crosby and some other Pens were talking to the refs after every whistle. It was getting a little ridiculous. It's tough to see on TV, but notice it when you go to the game Thursday night. Seriously, watch the refs during play stoppages and see who is talking to them. Crosby is the biggest culprit.

I didn't hear any Ranger fans whining about the refereeing in this game finally. :D

I thought it was a little bad / inconsistant, especially in the first period, but not the reason for the loss (like it was Sunday :D )

But there is still work to do. The Rangers are not going to roll over, the Penguins have to stay focused.

Oh come on.......

Edited by justin

Flyers up 3-1 on the #1 seeded Canadians. Who would of thought the worst team in the league last year is one win away from the Eastern conf finals? Here's to hoping that the Flyers don't melt down and get the match up with the Pens that many of us are hoping to see.

Flyers up 3-1 on the #1 seeded Canadians. Who would of thought the worst team in the league last year is one win away from the Eastern conf finals? Here's to hoping that the Flyers don't melt down and get the match up with the Pens that many of us are hoping to see.

Props to the Flyers on their performance this year. But last year had to do with underacheiving more than just being bad. Last year was puzzling.

And don't forget we are missing one of our top forwards in Gagne.

Props to the Flyers on their performance this year. But last year had to do with underacheiving more than just being bad. Last year was puzzling.

True to some extent, but they also went out and got a lot of good players in the off season, role players, system players, guys that have really helped turn this team arond.

True to some extent, but they also went out and got a lot of good players in the off season, role players, system players, guys that have really helped turn this team arond.

I can agree to that. And to be honest I didnt get the NHL package this year so I didnt see that many Flyer games so I dont know who is stepping up outside of the obvious. But they tanked last year.

The Rangers aren't lying down, that's for sure.

:wacko: Lets Go Pens !!!!!

Most teams are desparate especially in an elimination game at home ...but Pens still look like the more dangerous team

i am a huge hockey fan since 1976 ( die hard Islander fan...no jokes please ) and i am extremely impressed with penguins

a very balanced well coached team ...they move the puck better than any team in NHL right now imho

and as i have stated before ...i root first and foremost for the islanders and then for whomever is playing the rangers

:D Go Pens !

I blame one person and one person only for tonight's loss:

Hugh One

With him not in the arena: 7-0

With him in the arena: 0-1

:wacko:

Man. 7-1 Wings, in the Pepsi Center, with a sweep on the line. I know the Avs are beat all to hell, but I was hoping for a great series.

I guess I'll just have to settle for a righteous smiting and furious beatdown. :wacko:

Peace

policy

Man. 7-1 Wings, in the Pepsi Center, with a sweep on the line. I know the Avs are beat all to hell, but I was hoping for a great series.

I guess I'll just have to settle for a righteous smiting and furious beatdown. :D

Peace

policy

:wacko:

Who are the avs?