[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

The Pens are obviously a completely different team at home. Did I hear right that they have won 16 consecutive there?

I think that is correct .. and Fleury has won his last 18 at home. hopefully they can hold of detroit in the 3rd and extend the streak.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can is WOW, that was a great hockey game. The action and hitting in the 3rd was phenomenal. Fleury & Osgood both made some phenomenal saves.

That said, the Reg Wings are phenomenal. I felt like the Pens played an outstanding game, and the Red Wings just wouldn't go away. The unsung hero tonight was Bruce Orpik, who played phenomenal defense and had some great hits. Gonchar was solid as well. Crosby continues to create chances and Malkin, though he didn't score, seemed more involved and active tonight.

Game 4 should be fun. Tonight's game is the type I expected in this series.

:wacko::D:D

It was a good game for sure. The wings never stop fighting. This game was one of the hardest hitting hockey games that I have seen in a long time. The pens still need to keep the puck in the wings end longer. It is hard to win playing in your own in. The pens fought hard and hopefully will continue to improve and get this series tied up on sat night.

All I can is WOW, that was a great hockey game. The action and hitting in the 3rd was phenomenal. Fleury & Osgood both made some phenomenal saves.

That said, the Reg Wings are phenomenal. I felt like the Pens played an outstanding game, and the Red Wings just wouldn't go away. The unsung hero tonight was Bruce Orpik, who played phenomenal defense and had some great hits. Gonchar was solid as well. Crosby continues to create chances and Malkin, though he didn't score, seemed more involved and active tonight.

Game 4 should be fun. Tonight's game is the type I expected in this series.

:wacko::brew::D

It's Brooks Orpik, named after the late coach Herb Brooks. But Brooks, or Bruce, or whatever you want to call him did play a helluva game, especially that shift in the 3rd where he knocked about 5 guys over within 30 seconds. :asskickgraemlin:

And whatever you and Jax decided to wear last night, put it on again Saturday night. :D

Pens played good, has less PP opportunities, were agressive yet smart, and showed that they can not only play with the mighty Red Wings, but beat them. If they can figure out a way to win Game 4, it could get interesting. I was very pleased top to bottom with how they played. :D

It's Brooks Orpik, named after the late coach Herb Brooks. But Brooks, or Bruce, or whatever you want to call him did play a helluva game, especially that shift in the 3rd where he knocked about 5 guys over within 30 seconds. :asskickgraemlin:

And whatever you and Jax decided to wear last night, put it on again Saturday night. :D

Pens played good, has less PP opportunities, were agressive yet smart, and showed that they can not only play with the mighty Red Wings, but beat them. If they can figure out a way to win Game 4, it could get interesting. I was very pleased top to bottom with how they played. :brew:

:D Can't believe I typed that - errr I mean, Bruce is his nickname, that's what his buddies and biggest fans call him, yeah, that's the ticket :wacko:

Nice to see the Pens we all know and love show up last night. :wacko:

Gotta say though, it was more clear last night what an effing good team Detroit is. The other game that I actually got to see, the Pens shot themselves in the foot so often that you couldn't tell where their ineptitude ended and Detroit's greatness began. Watching them last night, with the puck movement and how polished and professional they are, makes it very clear that the Pens have to play near flawless hockey if they're to have a chance to win this thing.

Great game. I thought I was going to have a heart attack during those 5+ minutes of back and forth without any whistles.

Nice to see the Pens we all know and love show up last night. :wacko:

Gotta say though, it was more clear last night what an effing good team Detroit is. The other game that I actually got to see, the Pens shot themselves in the foot so often that you couldn't tell where their ineptitude ended and Detroit's greatness began. Watching them last night, with the puck movement and how polished and professional they are, makes it very clear that the Pens have to play near flawless hockey if they're to have a chance to win this thing.

Great game. I thought I was going to have a heart attack during those 5+ minutes of back and forth without any whistles.

That portion of the game was simply phenomenal. They need to show those 5+ minutes to anyone who calls the sport of Hockey 'boring'

Impressive effort from the Pens. They showed a lot more jump and the forcheck was relentless. Fluery was lights out as well. I was also happy to see the heart the Wings showed just not going away on a night when they didnt seem to have as much as they have had in earlier games. The Wings powerplay has really slipped and that is costing them. Heck, even if the refs catch the high stick on Lidstrom (4 minute) they probably still wouldnt have scored. It is nice to see that The Mule is getting his legs back. Might be just in time if Homers back is as hurt as is looked like it might have been. Nice pitchfork on Gill not called. :wacko: All in all it was a well called game I am still ust a bit salty.

Impressive effort from the Pens. They showed a lot more jump and the forcheck was relentless. Fluery was lights out as well. I was also happy to see the heart the Wings showed just not going away on a night when they didnt seem to have as much as they have had in earlier games. The Wings powerplay has really slipped and that is costing them. Heck, even if the refs catch the high stick on Lidstrom (4 minute) they probably still wouldnt have scored. It is nice to see that The Mule is getting his legs back. Might be just in time if Homers back is as hurt as is looked like it might have been. Nice pitchfork on Gill not called. :D All in all it was a well called game I am still ust a bit salty.

I thought the officiating was inconsistent. A soft hook on Gonchar was called, I thought both cross-checks on Holmstrom were more pushes and weak calls, the missed high stick to Lidstrom was terrible, the no call on the Gill trip was a joke, and then I thought with 6 minutes left calling a hook behind the net as the players are falling down is pretty f*cking weak as well. At times they let them get away with everything, and at times they called soft penalties, that kind of sh*t is maddening.

Oh, and how about that Franzen goal? :wacko: Pretty impressive. :D

I thought the officiating was inconsistent. A soft hook on Gonchar was called, I thought both cross-checks on Holmstrom were more pushes and weak calls, the missed high stick to Lidstrom was terrible, the no call on the Gill trip was a joke, and then I thought with 6 minutes left calling a hook behind the net as the players are falling down is pretty f*cking weak as well. At times they let them get away with everything, and at times they called soft penalties, that kind of sh*t is maddening.

Elliott Malkin played a little bit better last night, didn't you think ?

I can alomst agree with you on the cross check calls except for one thing. Many times they will let you get away with a cross check or two on a guy in front. But you know if you continue to hit the guy eventually you are going to get called. The actual hit or push that got the call might have been on the weak side. But the guy got a handful of good cross checks on Homer each time before the call. Hooks are tough man. Anytime the stick gets in the mid section they are going to call it. Sometimes the stick is actually being held there by the offensive player. It is such a ticky tacky thing and its very annoying. They need to loosen that rule a bit. But then we will be compaining about that. Its a fast and beautiful game. The toughest of all the sports to officiate.

I can alomst agree with you on the cross check calls except for one thing. Many times they will let you get away with a cross check or two on a guy in front. But you know if you continue to hit the guy eventually you are going to get called. The actual hit or push that got the call might have been on the weak side. But the guy got a handful of good cross checks on Homer each time before the call. Hooks are tough man. Anytime the stick gets in the mid section they are going to call it. Sometimes the stick is actually being held there by the offensive player. It is such a ticky tacky thing and its very annoying. They need to loosen that rule a bit. But then we will be compaining about that. Its a fast and beautiful game. The toughest of all the sports to officiate.

I won't totally disagree about the cross checks, and my main beef with the hooking is the lack of consistency. Either call them all, or don't call them at all, and for f*ck's sake, in the last 6 minutes of a 1 goal playoff game kindly shove the whistle up your ass and leave it there until the horn sounds. TIA. :wacko:

in the last 6 minutes of a 1 goal playoff game kindly shove the whistle up your ass and leave it there until the horn sounds.

:wacko: Until it suits you. j/k, in all seriousness i miss the old days when you could open a guy up with your stick and get away with it in the last five minutes of a game.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm coming out to Pittsburgh for Game 4. Anyone want to put me up? Anyone got an extra ticket? I'll bring the beer. :wacko:

Got no ticket, but you are welcome to stay at the Squeegiebo residence. You can always go watch the game on the big screen they put outside of the Arena.

Got no ticket, but you are welcome to stay at the Squeegiebo residence. You can always go watch the game on the big screen they put outside of the Arena.

Wow, many thanks, I appreciate it, glad I don't have to go to Menudo's, I don't think that would have worked. :wacko:

A few questions:

How far from the arena are you?

Have you ever been convicted of a felony?

What are you wearing?

TIA. :D

All joking aside, much appreciate the offer, will keep you posted. :D

Wow, many thanks, I appreciate it, glad I don't have to go to Menudo's, I don't think that would have worked. :wacko:

A few questions:

What are you wearing?

All joking aside, much appreciate the offer, will keep you posted. :D

Let me know. We're about 6 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh. On the side near the airport if you're flying; right of off I-79 if you are driving.

Let me know. We're about 6 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh. On the side near the airport if you're flying; right of off I-79 if you are driving.

:wacko: I'm only about 4 hrs away. I could make the trip for the Saturday game. :D:D

Remember I offered my basement up at Super Bowl time a few years ago. :brew:

Wow, many thanks, I appreciate it, glad I don't have to go to Menudo's, I don't think that would have worked. :D

A few questions:

What are you wearing?

All joking aside, much appreciate the offer, will keep you posted. :brew:

I'm 3.5 hours away :wacko: