[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franzen practiced today but is out game 1. I really think this is key. With Franzen on the second line Cleary goes down to the third and makes that line much more effective. As it is the Wings will have get scoring from somewhere other than the 1st line.

I think the two factors for this series are if the Wings can get that secondary scoring, and which team can do the best job slowing the other team down through the nuetral zone. I think the goalies are a scratch. Both are solid but probably wont carry the series as there is too much fire power on both sides.

Edited by Cameltosis

:D I don't know why I said that. I knew they were tied 2-2 and I guess I was thinking 3-3 when I wrote that.

This long layoff chit blows though I can tell you that.

Agreed, but, it is over now................. game on :wacko:

:D:D:brew:

I'd be willing to ship to the first Penguins fan who accepts the wager a sample of Detroit style coney islands in return for something of similar value that is Pittsburgh related. With shipping these will run $55 or so.

If that is too steep or you'd just like to do cash we could also put a $25 wager (net to the winner if paid by PayPal).

I'm heading out and may not be back to check this before faceoff tonight, so if Menudo, Jax, Hugh, Squeegie or any other Pitt fan is interested just respond to this thread. First respondent gets the bet.

2 things. 1) since when does a stilck in the crease justify a disallowed goal, AND an interference penalty. 2) Detroit controlled nuetral ice and that was the difference. OK, 3 things, I didnt think Fluery was as good as he showed tonight. All in all, a great start for the Wings.

On a side note, I dont remember The Captain looking as small as he did standing next to Super Mario.

2 things. 1) since when does a stilck in the crease justify a disallowed goal, AND an interference penalty. 2) Detroit controlled nuetral ice and that was the difference. OK, 3 things, I didnt think Fluery was as good as he showed tonight. All in all, a great start for the Wings.

On a side note, I dont remember The Captain looking as small as he did standing next to Super Mario.

Well, I thought the Pens played a great first period, but, Ozzie was ridiculous, and they couldn't get the puck in the net. Detroit dominated the 2nd and 3rd periods, and I was very impressed. They didn't allow the Pens any space at all with the puck. As a Pens fan, sometimes it felt like the Wings had more than 5 on the ice, as they seemed to be everywhere. The Pens need to find a way to steal game two, but, I'm not feeling as confident after last night's game. Great start for the Wings.

Don't be shy now folks. There's nothing wrong with losing a wager on hockey.

I probably would have accepted your bet had I not been absent due to my brother's wedding. The only part of game 1 I saw was the short-handed goal that put Detroit up 3-0. Then I said "meh" and went back to doing shots.

Pens need game 2 big time.

I probably would have accepted your bet had I not been absent due to my brother's wedding. The only part of game 1 I saw was the short-handed goal that put Detroit up 3-0. Then I said "meh" and went back to doing shots.

Pens need game 2 big time.

Puddy,

I probably would have taken your bet as well, but, I didn't see it until after game 1, and now, I'm not feeling quite as confident. Nevermind that, after the Penguins win tonight, we can make a bet............. :wacko:

8:27 left to go in the first, and all I can say is WOW :wacko:

After watching the Pens dominate every series, it is tough as a fan to watch them just get completely out-played like this. At this point, the Pens do not have a shot on goal. What is most frustrating is the Wings domination in the neutral zone. The Wings are entering the Pens zone with the puck, while the Pens continue to dump and chase, with no success. So far, it is a combination of the Pens playing poorly, but, more of a result that they are getting out-skated and thoroughly out-played by the Wings at this point. :D They better wake the frick up, or this is going to be an embarrassing and quick series. :brew:

:D Lets Go Pens !!!!!

Edited by Menudo

This constant settling for dumping it into the zone, even when there isn't a Red Wing nearby is getting hard to watch..... :wacko:

F' it, I'm going to drink some more beer and hope for the best........ :D Lets Go Pens !!!!!

Edited by Menudo

It's bad enough that the Pens have to deal with a team that is far superior to any other they've faced thus far. But when they help them out with awful turnuvers and f*cking stupid penalties and an inability to take advantage of any opportunities they have and f*cking Malkin nowhere to be found, it is unbearable to watch.

Pens better figure something out for the next pair of games or that will be the end of it. And I declare that putting f*cking Ryan Malone on Sid's line is NOT the answer.

Good game, Detroit. Hopefully we'll make it more interesting from here on out.

:wacko:

there is nothing more fun than watching this beating being laid on the Flyers Penguins.

Fixed :wacko:

In reality, its no fun at all...I was looking forward to a great series, and this ain't it....brutal to watch one team be so thoroughly dominated.

On an up note, we are in the process of buying the Embassy Suites Pittsburgh Airport, and I am in town Wed-Fri to perform some due diligence. I'd love to catch up with some Pitt Huddlers Thursday nite to catch some elimination, er, playoff hockey....

It's bad enough that the Pens have to deal with a team that is far superior to any other they've faced thus far. But when they help them out with awful turnuvers and f*cking stupid penalties and an inability to take advantage of any opportunities they have and f*cking Malkin nowhere to be found, it is unbearable to watch.

Good game, Detroit. Hopefully we'll make it more interesting from here on out.

:wacko:

This looks eeriliy like the posts us Flyers fans were writing about two weeks ago....substitute Brierre for Malkin, and its almost perfect.

I have never seen a head coach as whiny or defeated in the middle of a series as Michel Therrien was in the post game press conference. He admitted they have no answers for the Wings and then blamed the officiating for their struggles. He blamed Wings obstruction in the nuetral zone for the Pens lack of offense, and he accused Ozzie of diving and ruining their power play. I am not posting this to argue his points. I am posting this because he looks beat and he is grasping at straws. I know a lot of Pen fans are upset with the lack of production from certain guys, like Malkin, but after seeing this you might want to look behind the bench.

Edited by Cameltosis

I have never seen a head coach as whiny or defeated in the middle of a series as Michel Therrien was in the post game press conference. He admitted they have no answers for the Wings and then blamed the officiating for their struggles. He blamed Wings obstruction in the nuetral zone for the Pens lack of offense, and he occused Ozzie of diving and ruining their power play. I am not posting this to argue his points. I am posting this because he looks beat and he is grasping at straws. I know a lot of Pen fans are upset with the lack of production from certain guys, like Malkin, but after seeing this you might want to look behind the bench.

Didn't see the presser, but Therrien took a bunch of young kids and brought them to the Stanely Cup Finals in a season where they were riddled with injuries. I give MAJOR props to him. I'm not a fan of whining in the press conferences, and if he did that, I'm a little disappointed, but putting all the blamie on Therrien is pretty ridiculous and stupid.