[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RNC demands ad be removed

Randall

What, exactly, is wrong with that ad?

It might be out of context, but McCain most certainly approves of staying until it's finished. While he might have said that we'll be there for 90 years of peace to oversee the rebuilding, he would approve of military action, as necessary, until finished, even if it is 100 years of war.

It's tame. They may be trying to set a misleading ad line low to limit negative ads but I expect bad ones from the RNC. Just look at the ad running in North Carolina.

In 04 they they had ads saying whenever Kerry voted against lowing taxes he voted to raise them. Whenever he voted for one tax break that was higher than the other 4 in the same bill he voted to raise them 4 times.

It's the pot calling the kettle very black.

Meh, I think you can. When you only use part of what was said and take it way out of context, that's a lie. Remember the democrat adds that intimated Newt Gingrich was going to let Medicare "wither on the vine"?

I'm not taking up for McCain, but rather echoing big bear: a pox on them all. May the fleas of 1,000 camels infest their armpits. And my standard response: The deserve a kick in the tail more than they deserve our votes.

We won't get better politicians until we demand it by voting for someone else.

Geez - I'll respectfully disagree on that one. Cutting from any US politician speaking to a picture of Osama bin Laden is much worse than showing the guy answer a question even if it's turning out to be embarassing for him.

Exactly right, Perch. None of these three losers has anything real to offer on truly major issues so all are falling back on the time-honored tradition of twisting the other guy's words.

A pox on them all.

Not directed at Ursa:

Everyone complains about the state of politics. Everyone complains it's continuing to get worse every election. And just about everyone continues to reward this behavior by voting for it.

Imagine how much attention us "ordinary" voters would get if millions and millions of us threw our vote away and voted for a 3rd party candidate.

And this is the election to do that.

The three remaining candidates are as similar to each other as is possible.

VOTE THIRD PARTY this time!

yer nuts

obama/hillary

both are baby killers

both favor raising taxes and cut and run in Iraq.

both want government health care

both will appoint liberal judges

McCain will get the job done in Iraq and where ever else necessary

favors pro life

will not raise taxes and less government spending

show me where they are alike? or even similar as possible

There is a sleezy scare tactic ad here that looks pro worker but is in reality from the manufacturers union designed to stop people from signing up for a union.

They say they want private ballot voting but are really trying to stop voting by signing a card.

I'm not pro union if companies treat workers well, but many do not.

Coalition for a democratic workplace.

With union special interests making support for the mis-named Employee Free Choice Act, or "card check" bill, a litmus test for candidate support, the Coalition for a Democratic Workplace (CDW) is launching a new public awareness campaign aimed at educating voters about this anti-worker legislation.

As part of its multi-faceted campaign, CDW is releasing a new television ad featuring a widely recognized character designed to engage and connect voters to the issue. The ad will begin airing on national cable news channels on Friday, April 25.

yeah, not gonna bother with that since there's way too much partisan rhetoric there and your mind is clearly made up.

He thinks anyone who supports a right to choose is a baby killer whether they had anything to do with an abortion or not..

Edited by Randall

Ah, thanks for the clarification. People like that are difficult to talk with as they are so firmly fixed in their beliefs. I'm not trying to insult, just sayin'. However, I wish all pro-lifers would adopt one child or at least foster some kids.

I'm a pro-lifer. I currently have a 18 y.o. boy living in my house for well over a year, who is of a different racial back ground than my family. While we have not legally adopted him, we refer to him as our adopted son. I also have 4 cousins who are adopted as well as four nephews that are adopted, and 3 nieces that are adopted. Had it not been for someone deciding to keep their child I wouldn't have the family I've been blessed with. That is the main reason I'm against abortion. I can see it in some rare circumstances, such as incest, rape, or where the life of the mother is at stake. To use abortion as a form of birth control is just wrong IMHO. There are many families that wait as long as 3 years to get an adopted child. Many families are going over seas to adopt children because of how hard it can be to adopt a child here in the states. Two of my nephews and three of my nieces were adopted from Russia, because my BIL and SIL didn't want to have to wait out the process here in the states. Private adoption here in the states can streamline things somewhat, but it isn't as common as public adoption. Yes there are children in orphanages, but usually they have not been their sense birth. People want to adopt babies not children who have already picked up bad habits from bad parents. That is why there are so many in orphanages. If people would just give them over to adoption agencies when they are born, a lot more children would have families.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. People like that are difficult to talk with as they are so firmly fixed in their beliefs. I'm not trying to insult, just sayin'. However, I wish all pro-lifers would adopt one child or at least foster some kids.

OTOH, I wish everyone who concieved a child they couldn't pay for would have that child taken away from them. And since you're a newb, I'll tell you that I'm pro choice. I just don't see where one person's bad decision creates a lien on my life. And no one has been able to tell me how that's so.

... To use abortion as a form of birth control is just wrong IMHO...

Of course I also strongly agree with this. Mother Theresa said it best (and I'm probably paraphrasing) "It is a poverty that a child must die so that you can live as you wish." Just make people responsible for their own lives again, no matter how much they squall about it, and in a generation many of our current "crises" will be over...

Just make people responsible for their own lives again, no matter how much they squall about it, and in a generation many of our current "crises" will be over...

I hear you, and this goes to so much more than just abortion.