[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you tell if a company is legit

Dr. Sacrebleu

This company came up on my web search http://www.iqglobal.com

I don't know if they are the cheapest, but their process seems pretty straightforward. How do I know that this is a legit business, and that they will indeed get my stuff to the other side?

Thanks for any help.

We leave in exactly a month, and I am so friggin' behind on EVERYTHING:bash::wacko::D

This company came up on my web search http://www.iqglobal.com

I don't know if they are the cheapest, but their process seems pretty straightforward. How do I know that this is a legit business, and that they will indeed get my stuff to the other side?

Thanks for any help.

We leave in exactly a month, and I am so friggin' behind on EVERYTHING:bash::wacko::D

You mean those stuck-up frogs actually let American things into their country? :D

You can always try the Better Business Bureau. I have not heard of them, but there are hundreds of these guys in the USA, so that doesn't mean anything.

The number one rule in ocean shipping is always add 7 days to the estimated transit time they give you.

Other tips:

Be sure you are getting quoted a price that includes not just the ocean freight, but all port fees, security fees, customs filing fees, fuel surcharges (aka BAF - Bunker Adjustment Factor).

100% understand where the pickup and delivery locations will be. This ain't the post office or UPS. Don't assume they deliver to your new home in France. Make sure it is specified.

Make a detailed "Packing List" of all contents you ship.

You can always try the Better Business Bureau. I have not heard of them, but there are hundreds of these guys in the USA, so that doesn't mean anything.

The number one rule in ocean shipping is always add 7 days to the estimated transit time they give you.

Other tips:

Be sure you are getting quoted a price that includes not just the ocean freight, but all port fees, security fees, customs filing fees, fuel surcharges (aka BAF - Bunker Adjustment Factor).

100% understand where the pickup and delivery locations will be. This ain't the post office or UPS. Don't assume they deliver to your new home in France. Make sure it is specified.

Make a detailed "Packing List" of all contents you ship.

Take pictures also - it can't hurt

Sac, I don't know what to tell you. I am still trying to find out the name of the company that shipped our friends stuff over from California to Switzerland. (Although to be honest, you might not want to use them as our friends stuff is still stuck in Belgium (where it has supposedly been for the last three months). :wacko: )